Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service disconnected due to Eir incompetence.

Options
  • 04-12-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am a new Eir Mobile broadband customer. Having been an efibre customer for years we have recently moved to a rural location and mobile broadband is one of the few valid options. We have been connected to the service for one month, the monthly cost is 45euro..Our connection has been down all weekend...After 2 hours of waiting and dead end web chats I discovered that our service has been cut off because the balance had increased over the 105euro threshold...I asked how this was possible as our package was 90 euros a month...I was informed that the first bill will be for 2 months (?why?) and also the cost of the router was included in the bill. I informed the gentleman that I had already paid for the router by credit card when I ordered the service...The response 'Oh yeah I see..Ill fix that'..I was informed that the bill had been amended and our service would be up and running in a few hours....
    A few hours go by and nothing...I again contact Eir and am informed that there is a bar on the account..?? ...Again the situation was explained and again the bar was lifted (supposedly)...I was informed this time that the service would take 24 hours to return (???)...24 hours later and still no service...I again contact Eir and am informed that there is a bar on my account and that the relevant operators do not work Sundays...Eir...your reputation precedes you...I have thankfully remained blissfully ignorant to you incompetence until now....Now I understand the ratings on rateyourisp ... A disgrace....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

As an EX eir customer I can identify with your frustration. I closed my account some months back and later telephoned to make sure I had cleared any money owed up to the cut off date.
    They continued to bill for a period beyond this date to the point I am now been threatened with court by what I presume are a firm of solicitors or dept collectors of some sort.

The really annoying thing is I am expected to prove my point at my cost when all they have to do is check things at their end to clarify.

But no, I am expected to stay on hold for God knows how long to do what is their job. I refuse!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi, I am a new Eir Mobile broadband customer. Having been an efibre customer for years we have recently moved to a rural location and mobile broadband is one of the few valid options. We have been connected to the service for one month, the monthly cost is 45euro..Our connection has been down all weekend...After 2 hours of waiting and dead end web chats I discovered that our service has been cut off because the balance had increased over the 105euro threshold...I asked how this was possible as our package was 90 euros a month...I was informed that the first bill will be for 2 months (?why?) and also the cost of the router was included in the bill. I informed the gentleman that I had already paid for the router by credit card when I ordered the service...The response 'Oh yeah I see..Ill fix that'..I was informed that the bill had been amended and our service would be up and running in a few hours....
    A few hours go by and nothing...I again contact Eir and am informed that there is a bar on the account..?? ...Again the situation was explained and again the bar was lifted (supposedly)...I was informed this time that the service would take 24 hours to return (???)...24 hours later and still no service...I again contact Eir and am informed that there is a bar on my account and that the relevant operators do not work Sundays...Eir...your reputation precedes you...I have thankfully remained blissfully ignorant to you incompetence until now....Now I understand the ratings on rateyourisp ... A disgrace....
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]knowmeansknow,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear of your eir experience to date & the issues you have experienced.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]First bills will always include a part period charge which is located in the 'service & connection charge' area of the bill. The 'service and connection charge' area of the bill does not necessarily indicate a connection charge but rather a charge for service from when the line and broadband was activated up until the commencement of the billing date (all bills are charged in advance). Apologies if you were not advised this at point of sale.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your full name, mobile number & pin & I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement