Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNP - How useful is CBT Nuggets towards exams ?

Options
  • 04-12-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to do CCNP during 2017 and wonder if CBT Nuggets could be more useful than ploughing through books.

I'd be interested to hear too, from anyone who has passed, as to whether any particular books are an absolute MUST ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Id say official book will be absolute must,since exam got upgraded this year,also if not having lab yet,i would advise thinking in getting one,where CCNA requires basic concepts etc,ccnp you need to have access to at least 3-4 routers and same amount of switches,just to lab and test all the protocols,troubleshooting etc.

Are you going to learn by yourself or enrolling in college,since if later option youll get some guidance on whats the best material,if learning by yourself unless your already doing ccna type of work,it will be hell.

Anyway only have gotten my ccna,but really good place is here:http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/ ask away on any subjects since that forum did get me over many humps along the way when had any Qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

I used Nuggets for multiple Cisco certs over the years and found them very helpful. Very handy for studying when stuck waiting in a cold corner of a data centre :)

The official Cisco courseware or retail book is a must have, and will serve you well for reference later on.
    A hardware lab is nice, but it's also expensive, noisy and takes up loads of space. There are Cisco emulators out there that will get you through the practical stuff until you get access to hardware through work / college. Whatever option you go with, spend a lot of time doing practice labs.

Best of luck, and welcome to the never ending cycle of Cisco Certification ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭championc

I've plenty of kit so no issues on that side. Thanks for the tip on getting the official books rather than a 3rd party one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Are you starting from scratch or do you have the CCNA already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭championc

I got CCNA earlier this year. I have worked in networking for years but never got any certification

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

well if your working in networking CCNP will be a great boost career vise.

Advertisement