Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agreement for tenancy - move out date

Options
  • 04-12-2016 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

I signed agreement for tenancy for 12 months. In it, it says contract is for 12 months, but it also says that move in date is January 10th 2016 and move out date is January 31th 2017.

Is this normal things for contracts in Ireland or there is error in agreement? I was expecting move out date to be January 10th, 2017.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Sounds like a typo, are you planning to move in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mike_456

I'm already in the apartment, but it's not clear when I have to move out.

I also paid full monthly rent for January 2016 even though I moved in on 10th. So if move out date is January 31 2017 it turns out that I have to pay for 13 months and not 12 months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mike_456 wrote: »
    I'm already in the apartment, but it's not clear when I have to move out.

I also paid full monthly rent for January 2016 even though I moved in on 10th. So if move out date is January 31 2017 it turns out that I have to pay for 13 months and not 12 months.

but do you still have use of the apartment?

Are you leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

You have acquired Part IV tenancy rights and you are not required to move out unless LL is selling, moving himself or a family member in, or completing substantial renovations.

Advertisement