Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cotton / bad cotton

• 04-12-2016 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

So I'm pretty sure the giant bag of cotton I got off fasttech was my my builds were tasting so bad, which is a pain since I have 200 sheets of it. Is this common?

What cotton do you guys use? I had a few cotton ball type things I got from e-dym.pl a while ago and they're so much nicer.

The fasttech stuff said "organic cotton" somewhere but juices have no real taste when I use it, it makes no sense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I use cotton bacon cotton. Good stuff and don't notice any nasty taste. Relatively expensive for what you get but I only rewick every couple of weeks so a bag of the stuff will probably last me a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm using organic cotton balls I got from a health store and notice bugger all difference from vaping specific stuff. Bag of 100 lasts about 6 months for €3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

I like being able to cut identical strips from a muji pad for dual coils. I got a massive bag (maybe 250 pads) for 20 quid somewhere last year. Once you get used to it, you can cut a perfect width strip for any size coil first time, and you barely need to handle it, thus keeping it cleaner while building.

I've had cotton bacon a couple of times, and I do think it's great, but I found I was wasting a lot of it trying to get a perfect amount, twice, for 2 coils.

Cotton balls are the same - they're totally fine taste-wise and wick-wise, but just a tiny little bit more hassle. If I hadn't gotten this massive bag of pads for cheap I'd be a cotton balls man all the way.

And it probably goes without saying, but just in case - WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY BEFORE TOUCHING YOUR BEAUTIFULLY CLEAN COTTON! And keep your cotton sealed in a ziplock bag.

You develop a knack for quick splicing of the cotton balls after a few failures. You have plenty to waste at least. I can roll out, dissect, comb off and wick pretty much the perfect sizes I need now within seconds. And yes, of course, always with clean hands :D Though it's only ever for myself anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Anyone know of a b+m shop that has bacon bits in stock?

Running low and esmokeireland have none at the moment.
    Just find it so handy to use and good for flavour.
    Thanks

Edit: Dublin area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I'm starting to think it's not even my cotton. I just rewicked with some bacon cotton and my juice seems seriously muted. Tried different builds, different coil types, different cotton. Sometimes I wick it and it seems to taste great, other times I might as well be vaping just VG.

Anyone ever experience this? This is NOT vaper's tongue. Honestly want to smash up all my gear at this moment. Sometimes DIY is such a waste of time when it's not going your way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

chipfox wrote: »
    I'm starting to think it's not even my cotton. I just rewicked with some bacon cotton and my juice seems seriously muted. Tried different builds, different coil types, different cotton. Sometimes I wick it and it seems to taste great, other times I might as well be vaping just VG.

Anyone ever experience this? This is NOT vaper's tongue. Honestly want to smash up all my gear at this moment. Sometimes DIY is such a waste of time when it's not going your way

IMO this happens when you put too much cotton thru the coil, it has to be somewhat lose.. Same with the wick holes.
    Don't pack it in, it needs room to breathe the flavour. I'm sure someone will be along to prove me wrong soon... :)

So long story short... It needs to be a bit airy/loose to suck the flavour up, I think..

What's the juice? Is it happening with more than one mix? Do they share some ingredients? Is sweet cream one of them? Because that crap dulled a few of my earlier mixes, I narrowed it down to that being the culprit. I haven't used it since and all my juices taste ok.

I had so little cotton in it... I absolutely jammed the coil with cotton now and it seems all right now. The inconsistency is pretty annoying but I think I have it nailed now.

It was that cake mix I posted in the DIY thread. I literally only whipped up 200ml and thought it had gone bad or something... Man I dunno any more

I know yellow cake is a coil ruiner, and cake batter gets very mixed reviews. Some say it has a peppery taste, some say it's awful, other saying it's great stuff. Only way to find out is by trying it yourself. Maybe you're in the hate camp on it? :D

• Advertisement

Cake batter is unbelievable f the haters. I dunno maybe I did get temporary vapers tongue or just wicked really bad a few times in a row or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Steve666 wrote: »
    I like being able to cut identical strips from a muji pad for dual coils. I got a massive bag (maybe 250 pads) for 20 quid somewhere last year. Once you get used to it, you can cut a perfect width strip for any size coil first time, and you barely need to handle it, thus keeping it cleaner while building.

20 quid? more like 2 quid http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=17&Sub=70&PID=4479

I use it all the time, I think it is great. I've tried vape freaks and cotton bacon, but none of them are any better than the muji stuff.

Cake batter is unbelievable f the haters. I dunno maybe I did get temporary vapers tongue or just wicked really bad a few times in a row or something

Never used it tbh, don't plan on it either. Have more concentrates than I need as is!

Advertisement