Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating control question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Tuco88 wrote: »
    So its pretty much what I stated in post no4?

When your hot water gets satisfied @60 degrees and the MVs for the CH open again are you not left with the same problem of scalding hot rads still or is the programme sorting this?

HW is no longer being called from boiler, only CH, so it will run at the lower weather sensor controlled CH temperature.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of weather compensation! The future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

HW is no longer being called from boiler, only CH, so it will run at the lower weather sensor controlled CH temperature.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of weather compensation! The future.

I'd better jump on the bandwagon so...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Signac

looking for help regarding wifi heating controllers
    Current system is Vokera Mynute boiler, with 2 MVs for upstairs and downstairs with siemens timer no zoning, mvs are manually switched.

Looking for recommendations on a wifi heating controller to allow for control of the 2 zones and hot water, ( will have to install 3rd MV)

Regards

John Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Signac wrote: »
    looking for help regarding wifi heating controllers
    Current system is Vokera Mynute boiler, with 2 MVs for upstairs and downstairs with siemens timer no zoning, mvs are manually switched.

Looking for recommendations on a wifi heating controller to allow for control of the 2 zones and hot water, ( will have to install 3rd MV)

Regards

John Daly

Eph do one now. All 3 zones can be controlled from wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Signac

Hi DTP 1979

Just looked at the EPH website, looks interesting will ring them tomorrow

Many thanks

JD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yep, that's what is supposed to happen. When the HW goes on, yes, the relays should knock off the CH. When the HW is satisfied, the CH should come on again.

I have not done this myself, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

This is basically what my Viessmann four-pipe does, i.e., HW priority. Less wiring though the wiring is by no means completely trivial with the Viessmann either!

Be interested to hear how it goes.

Thanks a million to all who helped. Just wired one. Works perfect and very very simple to do

Advertisement