Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth fixing a water damaged Iphone 6

Options
  • 04-12-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Is it worth fixing a water damaged Iphone 6 ? Or would I be better off buying a new one - the phone still comes on but the touch screen is not working that good.

Would be grateful for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

The cost of a repair is going to be less than the price of a new phone I imagine.

On that basis alone it is worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Tzardine wrote: »
    The cost of a repair is going to be less than the price of a new phone I imagine.

On that basis alone it is worth doing.

Thanks for that I have just heard that a phone that has been water damaged gives trouble down the road and is not worth repairing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

If you are worried about it, and you have the money, then buy a new one.

So long as the cost to fix the broken one is less that what you will then get for selling it then it is a viable option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Apple will fix it for approx 300 quid under OOW repair. Basically they replace it with a new one.

dodzy wrote: »
    Apple will fix it for approx 300 quid under OOW repair. Basically they replace it with a new one.

Thanks for that I just went with a new one - heard to many horror stories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

horror stories of what exactly? people who went with an Apple approved repair or the dodgy looking shop selling ton of chinese android phones in its window?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks for that I just went with a new one - heard to many horror stories
    As CG says, you must be referring to the cheapo repair pits scattered around the country. Apple will basically give you a new SIM free phone for 300€. Warranty included of course.

Their collection/repair/return service is akin to Amazon customer care - basically bullet-proof and in a perfect world, a service that every other seller should aspire to providing. IMO, it's a no brainer. And even more so if it's a 6S.

dodzy wrote: »
    As CG says, you must be referring to the cheapo repair pits scattered around the country. Apple will basically give you a new SIM free phone for 300€. Warranty included of course.

Their collection/repair/return service is akin to Amazon customer care - basically bullet-proof and in a perfect world, a service that every other seller should aspire to providing. IMO, it's a no brainer. And even more so if it's a 6S.
    Thanks yes I was referring to the 'Phone Repair' companies around the country ill give that a shot with returning it to Apple

Advertisement