Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo recommendations

Options
  • 04-12-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I'm considering getting a tattoo and just looking for recommendations on fat cat tattoo, the vibe and urban gorilla.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gracie2015

I got a tattoo done at the vibe a couple of years ago, and can't recommend them enough. They done a really great professional job!!
    I planning to get another 1 done there in a couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Gracie2015 wrote: »
    I got a tattoo done at the vibe a couple of years ago, and can't recommend them enough. They done a really great professional job!!
    I planning to get another 1 done there in a couple of months!

Hi Gracie

Ya, a friend of mine got a tattoo there last year as well. But he told me that particular artist moved back to Dublin and there is a new artist there now.

However, I kinda concerned with the hygiene aspect of tattooing like clean needles etc. Did this cross your mind when you went to the Vibe to get yours done. Mostly it's above board, but you can never be too careful with things like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi Gracie

Ya, a friend of mine got a tattoo there last year as well. But he told me that particular artist moved back to Dublin and there is a new artist there now.

However, I kinda concerned with the hygiene aspect of tattooing like clean needles etc. Did this cross your mind when you went to the Vibe to get yours done. Mostly it's above board, but you can never be too careful with things like this..

Hi job seeker!

As you were told already - the needles will be opened in front of you, as will the tubing etc. It should be removed from a sterile packing. If the tattoo gun isn't basically assembled right in front of you, leave. Watch a YouTube video for clarity.

Hi job seeker!

As you were told already - the needles will be opened in front of you, as will the tubing etc. It should be removed from a sterile packing. If the tattoo gun isn't basically assembled right in front of you, leave. Watch a YouTube video for clarity.

I agree, but I'm trying to find out if these places follow this procedure..

I agree, but I'm trying to find out if these places follow this procedure..

You'll find out when you're getting the tattoo won't you? If they attempt to tattoo you with a pre ready gun just get up and say that's enough. You don't pay until after the tattoo is finished. You might lose your deposit for booking (which is usually about 10%) or 10 euro whichever is more. You've been given a handful of suggestions already - go to the shop and survey. A fishy place isn't hard to notice right away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Gracie2015

Shortly after I had my tattoo I fell pregnant and part of the blood tests you have to get done test for HIV, Hepatitis etc. Mine were all completely clear which is obviously a big factor in my recommendation of the Vibe.
    I know the Vibe has a Facebook page that has lots of reviews, I'm sure the other tattoo spots probably do too so maybe check these out?

You'll find out when you're getting the tattoo won't you? If they attempt to tattoo you with a pre ready gun just get up and say that's enough. You don't pay until after the tattoo is finished. You might lose your deposit for booking (which is usually about 10%) or 10 euro whichever is more. You've been given a handful of suggestions already - go to the shop and survey. A fishy place isn't hard to notice right away.

I'm trying to prevent that! I'd rather know in advance. I don't see why you're making a song and dance about nothing.. I'm posting in the regions about tattoo recommendations, which are based in that particular region.. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to prevent that! I'd rather know in advance. I don't see why you're making a song and dance about nothing.. I'm posting in the regions about tattoo recommendations, which are based in that particular region.. :rolleyes:

Song and dance? If you say so. But you've been given plenty of advice here you just seem I'm keen to follow.

Book an appointment and if the artist you've chosen doesn't use clean equipment just get up and leave. You don't pay up till afterwards anyway.

Song and dance? If you say so. But you've been given plenty of advice here you just seem I'm keen to follow.

Book an appointment and if the artist you've chosen doesn't use clean equipment just get up and leave. You don't pay up till afterwards anyway.

An not to worry. I've read through all the advice I've been given. I just think it's worth doing the research before getting something like a tattoo. I wouldn't be someone who would "presume" that some place was up to a certain standard. Additionally when it comes to my health I don't take chances.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You'll find out when you're getting the tattoo won't you?

Thats one of the strangest attitudes I have ever heard! Is it not far better to do some research, ask people in the know and potentially prevent a wasted trip?

• Advertisement

Thats one of the strangest attitudes I have ever heard! Is it not far better to do some research, ask people in the know and potentially prevent a wasted trip?

He has several suggestions here. The OP wants his own eyes to see these things. But that won't happen until he goes to get the tattoo, you're not allowed peek in and have a look at them working.

An not to worry. I've read through all the advice I've been given. I just think it's worth doing the research before getting something like a tattoo. I wouldn't be someone who would "presume" that some place was up to a certain standard. Additionally when it comes to my health I don't take chances.. ;)

No. but aside from the people here who've given you loads of places you won't get to see how they behave with needles etc until you're there. The only way you're getting that first hand information is be right there to witness.

No. but aside from the people here who've given you loads of places you won't get to see how they behave with needles etc until you're there. The only way you're getting that first hand information is be right there to witness.

But someone who has already got a tattoo in a particular place will know themselves, this is the information I'm analysing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

He has several suggestions here. The OP wants his own eyes to see these things. But that won't happen until he goes to get the tattoo, you're not allowed peek in and have a look at them working.

I disagree, I've gotten two in Urban Gorilla, and one of those times he had someone walk in and have a short chat about an idea while he was working, it was ok with me so he didn't stop, I'm sure if you asked and the client was ok with it they could show you the procedure, it would only take 5 minutes.

Can't recommend Wally in Urban Gorilla enough, call in to him and let him know your concerns.

rizzodun wrote: »
    I disagree, I've gotten two in Urban Gorilla, and one of those times he had someone walk in and have a short chat about an idea while he was working, it was ok with me so he didn't stop, I'm sure if you asked and the client was ok with it they could show you the procedure, it would only take 5 minutes.

Can't recommend Wally in Urban Gorilla enough, call in to him and let him know your concerns.

Maybe it's just my experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I got mine with Fat Cat and he is just brilliant, I had ideas about what I wanted and he took everything I was saying into account and basically took what was in my head and drew it! With regards to needles I'm pretty sure everything was opened and set up there in front of me.. (bad memory but I remember sterile packs being opened:))

Maybe it's just my experiences.

What are you on about? :confused:

What are you on about? :confused:

Any artist I've been to wouldn't be up for letting you sit in and watch clients have their tattoos.

Any artist I've been to wouldn't be up for letting you sit in and watch clients have their tattoos.

Ah I see.. So you had the same concern as myself?

Ah I see.. So you had the same concern as myself?

Everyone does. Unless they have no sense tbf

• Advertisement

Everyone does. Unless they have no sense tbf

After reading your first post..
    Hi job seeker!

I got a kinda "why are you posting this vibe..." from it

No pun intended... :)

After reading your first post..

I got a kinda "why are you posting this vibe..." from it

No pun intended... :)

I more meant that in a "I do remember telling you but just for the record". It's completely normal to be worried about these things dude, obviously a tattoo is hard to remove and with needles etc you need to be very careful. I just hate to see people get too worked up over things and refuse to go from being too afraid. Just go for it brother! (Sensibly of course)

Advertisement