Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 3T or Galaxy S7?

• 05-12-2016 12:14am

My iPhone 6 battery is on its way out so I'm looking to replace it. Thanks to Apple's ridiculous decision to remove the headphone jack from the iPhone 7, I'm out. I've only had iPhones since 2010 except for a brief stint with Windows Phone 8.1 which didn't last long due to the serious lack of useful apps for the platform. So I'm a complete Android newbie but at least I know that the apps shouldn't be much of a problem this time.

I'm stuck trying to decide between the 128GB OnePlus 3T and the Galaxy S7. I've looked at reviews of both and it seems the screen and camera are better on the S7 but the 3T has the better OS and sound quality. Rooting or modding doesn't interest me so that doesn't come into the decision at all. Any recommendations?

The issue of updates is surprising me though, being used to Apple's instant update availability. I don't really like the idea of being at Vodafone's mercy for updates so I assume that I'd have to buy the phone SIM free? (which for the S7 would be seriously steep!)

Also, what's the situation with wired headphones on Android devices? Is it possible to control volume or playback as with iOS devices?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I recently got rid of my +2 for a s7 and im getting rid of it soon as I can get an unlock code from Vodafone next month, probably going to get the +3t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

3T

The S7 has charging and heating issues.

For me has to be the 3T

I don't have any charging or heating issues with the S7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I don't have any charging or heating issues with the S7.

my missus is on her 3rd, luckily Work are supplying them straight back to Vodafone (these are all sealed new in boxes) btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I went with the S7 in the end because, thanks to a €250 gift voucher, I was able to get one SIM free for less than the 3T. Will take a fair bit of getting used to, a couple of things bugging me already but hopefully not insurmountable.

Anything particular in the bugging you department we might be able to help?

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Anything particular in the bugging you department we might be able to help?
    I think I sorted one thanks to Google. It was connecting to every open WiFi network I passed.

Lack of a night mode is an issue, I used the Night Shift feature on the iPhone 6 so I'm finding this to be harder on my eyes. May just need to get used to not having it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Night mode is a ROM by ROM thing.

Try Twilight Karsini, might help a bit

Advertisement