Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Alpes in Feb?

Options
  • 05-12-2016 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey guys,

Any snowboarders\skiers from Dublin?

I'm looking for a company, but it seems it's not that popular in Ireland, I don't even know where to start..

Are there a ski-fans meetup or something? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Not too sure what you're looking for OP, are you looking for a travel agent who does ski holidays, or some other people to ski with?
    What level are you?
    Ski or snowboard?
    Where in the Alps do you want to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dgolubets

I'm looking for ppl.

Snowboard.
    I'm close to advanced I think. I've learned switch, carving, got myself familiar with snowparks.

I was in Soelden and Val Gardena before and I would love to go back to any of these. Though I would consider other places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Try snowheads.com. Or you could consider likes of the action outdoors, just make sure you drop them an email and ask how many English speaking people are booked into whatever resort for the week you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dgolubets

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I went with Action outdoors once and then with UCPA directly.

First time I ended up in Val Thorens. That was my first time snowboarding and oh dear god that was amazing.
    I ended up being put in room with 3 guys (one from UK, and one from Australia, both my age) we ended up becoming friends and having absolutely amazing holiday, we went to town and parties with local french guys and girls that we randomly met, during day we went our separate ways (due to skill and equipment differences) and it was great.

Next time I went to Les Arcs but with UCPA directly, this time I was put in room with 3 French guys who were friends and spoke no English, that was extremely awkward for me.

UCPA told me that they are trying to match people with same languages into same rooms but sometimes it doesn't work out.
    I cant recommend UCPA enough, they are brilliant, there is some event in resort every day from 6 PM until late night and everybody is very social as most people arrive alone.

In fact - I've gained about 15 new friends now who have came to Dublin since then and I've travelled to them too over course of summer.

I am solo traveller (and I am going Solo again this year) but this year I've decided to go seperately and book hotel room myself (due to getting into some **** in France last time I was there so I am not sure if I can go back for now.)

That's just my thoughs on UCPA/Action Outdoors.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yeh what you 100% need to do is email action Outdoors before ya book, and make sure there are 10/20 English speakers booked in that resort on that week. And yeh book through action Outdoors, not the ucpa website.

Advertisement