Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science degree but no science background?

Options
  • 05-12-2016 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to apply to the science course in TCD, and nuig as back up.
    I'm doing a number of courses online which are MOOCs, meaning that although the certificate of completion is endorsed by the institution that designed the course (ie Duke University, American natural history museum, university of Illinois) it remains a fact that these are only short courses with only a certificate of completion at the end, and not a recognised qualification.
    I did no science subjects in the leaving cert, and I'm worried about my application to go into an undergrad degree based on this background.

I truly am passionate and am contiously educating myself in chemistry, biology and physics, but the lack of accreditation makes me very anxious about my application.

Any advice/opinions?

Comments

Advertisement