Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Collcannon. Loads of real butter in it.

Delish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chips with garlic mayo. So hungry today it's unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Giving the cold weather out there at the moment I'm having an iceberg scream and some yummy snowballs emm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Garlic bread, beans, beef burger and all washed down with club orange

Snacking on maltesers and popcorn now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Eating a four cheese pizza from Aldi I smothered with garlic. Having with a bottle of red wine! Somehow the weather makes me very very carefree in the healthy eating regime I swore I'd keep to !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

La.de.da wrote: »
    Collcannon. Loads of real butter in it.

Delish.

I wish I could like this x 1,000,000!!!

Just about to have a Crunchie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What is it about the snow that's making me so hungry?!! Moving onto a toasted cheese after having hummus and crackers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Drinking a Killarney Lager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Owing to my troglodyte tendencies, lemon sorbet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

For the morning that's in it!

20180302_083444[1].jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Chips and 2 fried eggs, a pint of water... Not much left in the house! Giddy drunk me of yesterday was not very forward thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Giddy drunk me of yesterday was not very forward-thinking either.
    Hm, back to the wine I go so...

Vegetable spring rolls for lunch, getting through the contents of the freezer now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Toast topped with fried egg ,fried tomato and brown sauce and having a bottle of bud now..the up side of the snow is guilt free afternoon drinks.😀

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Digestive biscuits

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Having a few hot whiskeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Nutella, straight from the jar, I will have to be rolled down these hills after the thaw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Bourbon creams

Hot chocolate and cookies :)

Wedges and a toasted ham sandwich :3

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    Nutella, straight from the jar, I will have to be rolled down these hills after the thaw :)

I've done that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Slice of bread with marmalade* ( Not much else left in the house to eat )

* Fruitfield thick cut 'Varsity' EXP 01 APR 1999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

About to sit down to a tofu balti, a spinach paneer (which isn't really paneer, but feta which to me makes an acceptable substitute for a homemade curry in the middle of a blizzard!) with way too many chillis in it, brown rice, fresh coriander. Glass of prosecco. Caramello to follow.

This weather is a great thing when you're almost fully stocked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Going off-topic here, but I've just just noticed you've reached your 10,000th post. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Toasted cheese sandwich with shredded ham, laced with mustard and a fried egg on top of that yoke. And a Guinness West Indie to go with it. I'm Lampin like a Islander here.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Salmon, baby carrots, mashed potatoes all covered in parsley sauce.

Now having a creme egg :D

Where's everyone getting the nice grub from? I've fck the bit in.
    Digging into the Christmas reserves of alcohol now.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Seeing as I failed to buy into the bread/milk furore and pretty much neglected to stock up on anything as I believed snowmageddon wasn’t actually going to arrive, I’m living on whatever is in my press and fridge. Mostly chips, biscuits and chocolate to be precise. Washed down with wine. Could be worse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I got in lots of food on Tuesday, but no treats. My husband is stuck out of the country and I'm snowed in and pregnant. I severely regret not buying a supply of treats. I've nothing nice in and I'm bored senseless!

Rasher sandwich, nyom Nyom.

• Advertisement

Ham and cheese jambon

I got in lots of food on Tuesday, but no treats. My husband is stuck out of the country and I'm snowed in and pregnant. I severely regret not buying a supply of treats. I've nothing nice in and I'm bored senseless!

I have 4 mars bars and 4 double deckers remaining. A six pack of walkers cheese and onion is also available. Oh there's a pack of bourbon creams there too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I got desperate today and baked a batch of mince pies and a big Victoria sponge.

Tbh seems a bit pointless now with nobody to share them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I went to Tesco earlier and there was very little meat, dairy and veg so I just ended up buying loads of shite, things that won't even go together in a meal, about 15 different chocolate products. So I'm currently eating a bag of crunchie rocks and drinking a can of coke. I can already feel the belly ache coming on but it was worth it!

I'm sick of cooking at this point. I have loads there, but fancied a Chinese tonight. But the delivery driver is obviously a coward on slushy roads.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm sick of cooking at this point. I have loads there, but fancied a Chinese tonight. But the delivery driver is obviously a coward on slushy roads.

You must have stocked up a good bit. Justeat there the other night, nobody at all was delivering. I'd say later on tonight it will be available again. Some of the ones not delivering you can collect from though so check the website or ring them.

You must have stocked up a good bit. Justeat there the other night, nobody at all was delivering. I'd say later on tonight it will be available again. Some of the ones not delivering you can collect from though so check the website or ring them.

Its a complete no no where I am. I can understand the last few nights though. I'm currently examining the freezer, which I usually have stocked up anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Had a lovely fillet steak. Medium.
    With home made chips, onions cooked in butter/oil and a dash of sugar, garlic sauted mushrooms, a few token carrots and a red wine jus.

I could eat the lot again but dessert is on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Just had a lovely homemade pizza with peppers, onions, sweetcorn, lots of jalapenos and olives.

I hadn't been panic-shopping, and at this point I'm actually surprised how much our fridge and cupboards have provided over the last 4 days.

We've had imam bayildi with some quinoa taboulleh and feta cheese on Wednesday, pasta with lentil bolognese sauce on Thursday, matter paneer with aloo tikki and homemade flatbreads yesterday, and now pizza today.
    And because I had time on my hands, I've baked a pumpkin seed soda bread, apple crumble muffins and some buttermilk scones.

If anything, given the extra time I had for cooking, we've probably been eating better than usual :D

• Advertisement

Wedges and chickenn nyom!

Fish fingers, beans and chips

Mint vienetta for dessert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Just had a Mr Kipling's fruit pie and a cuppa tea for the afternoon slump.

Also have a pork shoulder currently in the slow cooker, so will have some of this with mashed spuds and gravy later.

Tea and Toast with lots of Honey.

A Beer and peanuts. Thank feck a snowless reality is coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

A chicken jalfrezi for lunch.

A homemade cheese burger for dinner.

• Advertisement

Pulled Pork, mix veg and Mashed potatoes

The left over mint vienntta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Lamb chops with mint sauce and Coke

Tae. And Maltaesers!

Tae and Hunky Dories (salt and vinegar)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement