Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

northgirl wrote: »
    Minis must always be eaten in multiples :pac:

Hear hear. :D

RqGjj6T.jpg;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cottage pie,, been at the ready meals in tesco again.. ;) lots of goodies brought home today ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Salad sandwich on brown bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A Heinekin - Pint of.ðŸº

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Beef stew for dinner later, so I'm having a cup of soup from that with a fresh crusty roll to dip in. :)

Enjoy !!
    That stirs up memories of traipsing home from school on a wet miserable day , and having a mug of the soup to warm us up and keep us going until dinnertime at five thirty :)

Coffee and contemplation here .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Enjoy !!
    That stirs up memories of traipsing home from school on a wet miserable day , and having a mug of the soup to warm us up and keep us going until dinnertime at five thirty :)

I remember going home from school to a roaring fire and dipping a slice of batch into the coddle juice. A full coddle was served a little later with more batch loaf.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I remember going home from school to a roaring fire and dipping a slice of batch into the coddle juice. A full coddle was served a little later with more batch loaf.

Batch bread had to have been a staple food item in many of our lives !
    Was sent to town once to get a fresh , uncut one . Was never sent again as I ate half the middle of the loaf on the walk home , picking bits out of it :o
    :D

Enjoy !!

Enjoyed every last bit of it, I love stew, and I love dipping the bread in it. :pac:

With no mother in the house, chance would have been a fine thing for us to get a hot meal handed up to us after school, It's no wonder I'm such a fussy eater. :D

Coffee and a slice of coffee cake, I bet you'd never know I'm a coffee addict. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mcflurry :)

Enjoyed every last bit of it, I love stew, and I love dipping the bread in it. :pac:

With no mother in the house, chance would have been a fine thing for us to get a hot meal handed up to us after school, It's no wonder I'm such a fussy eater. :D

Coffee and a slice of coffee cake, I bet you'd never know I'm a coffee addict. :D

Coffee addict here too , and our local farmers market has the most delicious coffee slices every week , and yep tomorrow's the day , I'll get one for you!
    Now I'll probably eat it for you too , but sure it's the thought that counts :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Went in to town for a bite to eat. Leak & Potato soup, steak and chips, followed by apple strudel. Stuffed now and going to have a wee brandy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chicken sandwich, quick and easy.
    Coffee addict here too , and our local farmers market has the most delicious coffee slices every week , and yep tomorrow's the day , I'll get one for you!

Mmmmmm *licks lips* :pac:

Haha, I'll thank you in advance, and let me know if I enjoyed it. :D

Went in to town for a bite to eat. Leak & Potato soup, steak and chips.

Would be one of my favourite meals. :)

Would be one of my favourite meals. :)

But...but...what about dessert?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Autosport wrote: »

What kind?

Jealous :pac:

What kind?

Galaxy chocolate :D

Was worth it though :)

Galaxy chocolate :D

Was worth it though :)

Affirmative :pac:

But...but...what about dessert?????

:D:D
    I know you love your desserts, but if I go out for a meal, it's either a starter or dessert, I can't do both with a mains. I sometimes just have a starter and dessert with no mains, depending on menu.

Yep, I'm odd. :pac:

• Advertisement

:D:D
    I know you love your desserts, but if I go out for a meal, it's either a starter or dessert, I can't do both with a mains. I sometimes just have a starter and dessert with no mains, depending on menu.

Yep, I'm odd. :pac:

Same. 3 courses too much for me.

I'm not alone then. ;)

Was sent to town once to get a fresh , uncut one . Was never sent again as I ate half the middle of the loaf on the walk home , picking bits out of it :o

In Dublin we called the uncut one that came in light paper, a Turnover. Rared on it when we could afford it. Bought straight off the bread board. Jaysus it was delicious.:D

Went in to town for a bite to eat. Leak & Potato soup, steak and chips, followed by apple strudel. Stuffed now and going to have a wee brandy.

You have had your revenge for yesterday. A really great meal.

Haha, I'll thank you in advance, and let me know if I enjoyed it. :D

Well , it may not be to your liking but I know I'll enjoy it for you :p

Well , it may not be to your liking but I know I'll enjoy it for you :p

Don't overdo it just because you're eating for two. :D

• Advertisement

In Dublin we called the uncut one that came in light paper, a Turnover. Rared on it when we could afford it. Bought straight off the bread board. Jaysus it was delicious.:D

There's is nothing nicer than good, fresh bread with butter.

Don't overdo it just because you're eating for two. :D

It's fine , I'll eat your one and save mine til later :D

I recall, as a child, walking home from town with a fresh loaf (cottage loaf) and, like you, picking a hole through one side. I put it on the kitchen counter with the good side showing and the eaten side against the wall so my mother wouldn't see it. A short time later I thought she had found out and turned it round, as the 'bad side was showing. No, she had been picking at that side. We just laughed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hunky dories, can't find bistro crisp anywhere now again atm :confused:
    What kind?

I can just see NG and Auto in the same room and auto had a mcflurry, NG would tell auto to look over there and while she wasn't looking NG would take out a spoon and take some Mcflurry and then look away pretending nothing happened :pac:

I'd probably do the same

Hunky dories, can't find bistro crisp anywhere now again atm :confused:

I can just see NG and Auto in the same room and auto had a mcflurry, NG would tell auto to look over there and while she wasn't looking NG would take out a spoon and take some Mcflurry and then look away pretending nothing happened :pac:

I'd probably do the same

Ha ha.... VERY possible :D

What kind of Bistro crisps? I'll keep an eye out for ya like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That brings back memories of getting into trouble with my best friend's Mam as we ate most of the middle out of a batch loaf on her :)

This evening it was chili, rice and garlic bread with a glass of Malbec, followed by a Lidl white Magnum and a glass of Malbec

Ha ha.... VERY possible :D

What kind of Bistro crisps? I'll keep an eye out for ya like.

Ahhh thanks like :pac:

These ones

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I won't be buying hunky dories anymore, there not salty at all :confused:

Ahhh thanks like :pac:

These ones

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I won't be buying hunky dories anymore, there not salty at all :confused:

Done :)

White Kinder Bueno and White Buttons. Ideal before bed :pac:

There's is nothing nicer than good, fresh bread with butter.

Amen to this, I'll be getting my weekly soda bread tomorrow from the bakers on my way home.

This is the bread a few of us are talking about. Called Batch Loaf, but as a youngster I knew it as Turnover.:D

Batch-Loaf.jpg

This is the bread a few of us are talking about. Called Batch Loaf, but as a youngster I knew it as Turnover.:D

Batch-Loaf.jpg

Mmmmm love that!

Batch-Loaf.jpg

You can still get that.

This is what we knew as a turnover

on6AKsk.jpg

Sorry, can't get the links to work for me. :confused:

It's gas that the same things were known by different names, depending on where you were from I suppose. :)

You can still get that.

This is what we knew as a turnover

on6AKsk.jpg

Nah. Not the same at all. The Turnover/batch I knew had a crust that would pull your teeth out.:D

• Advertisement

Nah. Not the same at all. The Turnover/batch I knew had a crust that would pull your teeth out.:D

There’s a bakery in Kilkenny that make that bread still :)

Road trip to you with a special delivery :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I love that turnover just linked. Get it when I go to my granny's house, the amount of butter it will absorb when toasted is glorious

:D That made me laugh, very descriptive. :pac: I do remember doorstops though.:pac:

There’s a bakery in Kilkenny that make that bread still :)

Road trip to you with a special delivery :D

Chicken curry with onions and mushrooms. Boiled rice and chips. Turnover/batch to mop it all up. :D

If ya stay for breakfast, it will be a full fry up with very very buttery Turnover. As someone else said, it really absorbs the butter.

You could build a house with this loaf!:D

Batch-Loaf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Chocolate and hot milk with cardamom.

But I really want bread now.

Chicken curry with onions and mushrooms. Boiled rice and chips. Turnover/batch to mop it all up. :D

If ya stay for breakfast, it will be a full fry up with very very buttery Turnover. As someone else said, it really absorbs the butter.

How could I refuse such an invitation ;):D

May go to the bakery first thing tomorrow :D

I can see a mad rush for batch bread tomorrow. :D

Cuppa, and ginger nut biscuit (for dunking) :)

Enjoy !!

when I was at school, I was always the first home so one of my jobs was lighting the fire... My mother worried that we would not eat until she got home after 6 so at the weekend she made a great pan of soup, bones for the stock, thick with barley... Lasted till Wednesday by which time it was so thick....

Mothers and food, hey! Starts at our birth and never stops... bless them all!

• Advertisement

One for me. And small serving at that! Used to say I ate one meal a day, three courses, at three mealtimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement