Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Coffee and toast with blackberry jam. :)

butter? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Graces7 wrote: »
    butter? lol

Alwaysl butter (real) goes without saying. :)

My first home grown potatoes.. a great feeling.. first in this home too... York cabbage and last of the tinned pork and ham... gravy of course

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Fine feed of bacon and cabbage ate, working in a real job you have to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

A tub of Quality Street that I bought for Christmas. They were on special offer, so I bought four tubs promising myself they wouldn't be touched til Christmas week. I lied to myself...but I feel no shame.

A quick cup of coffee and a crispy rasher roll. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Fried eggs and sourdough toast in the market this morning with strong tea. Painkillers now and tea shortly methinks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Crispy potato slices from M&S with plenty of salt and vinegar :D Also, the obligatory diet coke!

cake and custard, chilled from the fridge... Beats ice cream any day.

• Advertisement

Tea and yellow snacks. They are far inferior to what they used to be. Very sickly sweet. Hope they haven't ruined the purple ones too.

Called to chipper on the way home, no cooking today...fish and chips, cup of tea and bread and butter going down nicely. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Breakfast burrito and coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Skipped brekkie so by lunch time was too hangry to cook. So it was frozen pizza and frozen chips. Wasn't mad about it, pizza sauce was weirdly sweet and salty.

Slice of lemon cake myself and the boy made.

Just now had beans and a slice of toast.

Once the boy is asleep I'm gonna get stuck into the wine in the fridge and no doubt more food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

6 grilled Clonakilty sausages, Pat the Baker wholegrain sliced pan and a cup of tea. A slice of Harringtons brack for after. Hope I'll have enough butter left for a slice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Thanks, the google instructions said to melt the cheese first, but what a blob it turned into! Will try it atop the chili next time.

Yes, your salsa mixture was a delicious cool topping - rather addicting (altho mine was mild rather than spicy). You could serve it alone as a dip for doritos even - so tasty!

What you saw in my pic was nachos first. Chilli second. Sour cream on top and then the cheese on top of the sour cream. Under a hot grill for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Tea and yellow snacks. They are far inferior to what they used to be. Very sickly sweet. Hope they haven't ruined the purple ones too.

That's cadburys chocolate for you these days unfortunately.

Steak burger soon

All chocolate has gone to sh1t but cadburys has gone to hell. That said I do have a large bar of Dairymilk all to myself tonight if I choose to have it.☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What you saw in my pic was nachos first. Chilli second. Sour cream on top and then the cheese on top of the sour cream. Under a hot grill for a minute.
    what I saw in your picture was YUM! :D

(thanks grandeeod, will try that - cheese on top of sour cream won't conngeal, yay! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s a toasted sandwich for now but will probably chipper after this mad night I’m gonna have :D

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s a toasted sandwich for now but will probably chipper after this mad night I’m gonna have :D

Im having a mad night here too! Home alone. A few pints earlier, but soon is the megafeast I got from a deadly takeaway earlier. A nightcap first.:D

• Advertisement

Had a root in the freezer, nacho burger from Iceland and a solitary burger bun hidden in the back. Delicious. Washed down with a glass of white wine. Only one mind you coz I'm still on a mix of tablets, but it was lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Tesco finest chunky chips with cornwall sea salt. They taste like chipper chips only nicer :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Bar-B-Q steaks

Grandeeod wrote: »
    All chocolate has gone to sh1t but cadburys has gone to hell. That said I do have a large bar of Dairymilk all to myself tonight if I choose to have it.☺

disagree... cadbury is the best.. eg wispa and twirl.. It is your taste buds at fault!

coffee x 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

steak and eggs doused in Peri Peri sauce. Washed down by a cappucino and some watermelon.

My usual Sunday dinner... Irish bacon and cabbage ready meal.. with a heap of extra cabbage.... tesco this time and excellent.

planning nectarines ( from freezer) with cake and custard later..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Fentimans sparkling lime & jasmine for the hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Had a load of bacon to use up so split it and made 2 big batches for the week ahead.

First is a wintery bacon and butter bean stew with loads of carrots, celery, garlic, onion, baby spinach and thyme. Having a big bowl of this with some bread and butter now and it's delish.

Second is a lovely rich tomato based stew with the same bacon and veg, but with added tomatoes, balsamic and a drop of red.

Felt very clever sweating the veg off in the same pot then splitting into 2 stews :-)

I'm shortly going to have a very large and strong mug of Barry's and several small yellow snacks despite my giving out about their decline in quality :pac:

@ Seph - Bistro crisps you were looking for are on offer in both Dunnes and Tesco (Patrick's St. and Paul Street) if you're around that neck of the woods. Not seen them anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Cheese Balls. A cheeseball eating Cheese Balls, lol :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just munching on a catch ba.........*looks at post below*

@ Seph - Bistro crisps you were looking for are on offer in both Dunnes and Tesco (Patrick's St. and Paul Street) if you're around that neck of the woods. Not seen them anywhere else.

*drops everything and legs it to town* :pac:

Just munching on a catch ba.........*looks at post below*

*drops everything and legs it to town* :pac:

Ha ha ha ha - just see it now :D

Should really have picked some up to try :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Ha ha ha ha - just see it now :D

Should really have picked some up to try :rolleyes:

@Seph and Northgirl, you guys should seriously meet up, ye seem to have a lot in common and always great banter between ye :)

GoneHome wrote: »
    @Seph and Northgirl, you guys should seriously meet up, ye seem to have a lot in common and always great banter between ye :)

Is it time to start looking at hats? ;)

Breakfast was a fryup due to early start out.

Had lunch out, roast beef and all the trimmings.
    Dessert was lemon meringue pie.

Coffee now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

disagree... cadbury is the best.. eg wispa and twirl.. It is your taste buds at fault!

Grandeeod is right, none of Cadbury's chocolate tastes the same since Kraft took it over and they have all shrunk so much. I still buy some of their bars, but even Lidl's chocolate is far superior to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I seem to be eating all day. Breakfast of scrambled eggs, a party mid morning with lots of home cooked goodies, then dinner of stuffed pork fillet, our own garden carrots, celery, courgette and potatoes, followed by trifle and fresh cream.

And yet I'm already looking forward to a drink and chocolate tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Grandeeod is right, none of Cadbury's chocolate tastes the same since Kraft took it over and they have all shrunk so much. I still buy some of their bars, but even Lidl's chocolate is far superior to it.

I agree that it has certainly changed for the worse but I still prefer Cadbury's to almost all other chocolate. I will admit though that all my life I have been quite a philistine when it comes to chocolate and never enjoyed the taste of what I know should be finer chocolates. It's personal taste I suppose.

• Advertisement

Its not my tastebuds. There have been recipe changes and the bars are getting smaller as the cost goes up. Agree to disagree so.

Absolutely agree. Once the shareholders sold out to Kraft, it all went downhill.

I agree that it has certainly changed for the worse but I still prefer Cadbury's to almost all other chocolate. I will admit though that all my life I have been quite a philistine when it comes to chocolate and never enjoyed the taste of what I know should be finer chocolates. It's personal taste I suppose.

Oh I agree it's personal taste, but it has changed so much,and not for the better as you say. :) I love chocolate, but the one box I'll be staying away from this year is Roses, they have just destroyed those. :(

Cup of coffee and carrot cake. :)

More ale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just had pasta with garlic bread...jam doughnut for dessert :)

Agreed. Cadbury is muck. Lidl's chocolate is decent.

• Advertisement

Milka is still good though, last time I tried.

A multi-pack of yellow snacks and tea.

Savoury next.

We can all agree that any chocolate is better than no chocolate though, right? :pac:

Just had a big dirty chipper, waiting to be able to have a slice of lemon cake and/or some Tesco dark choc. Glass of wine might help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Oh I agree it's personal taste, but it has changed so much,and not for the better as you say. :) I love chocolate, but the one box I'll be staying away from this year is Roses, they have just destroyed those. :(

Roses went to the dogs when they got rid of the coffee cream :(. These days most of them seem the same only with different wrappers. We still have old 1kg tins in the shed with nails etc in, the size of them! Now the tubs are way smaller.

Dinner was pizza, curly fries, salad and garlic bread with white wine. Sulking as I couldn't taste a mouthful with the dose I have on me :(

A multi-pack of yellow snacks and tea.

Savoury next.

That ole sweet savoury cycle, I know it well! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement