Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Red apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Slice of lemon - soaked in gin 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not to worry Ive baked the dessert for tomorrow ;) Rhubarb crumble with custard :D

Was snacking on sweet and salty popcorn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Gaviscon tablets...I might be dying from heartburn,burping like a man.😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

This post has been deleted.

God I miss quorn. As soon as I get backvti Ireland and gorging on the spicy burger.

I had spuds, broccoli, sprouts, sweetcorn, broadbeans and onions all smothered in gravy and hp sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Beef Bourguignon with garlic mash and spinach. Washed down with a small glass of red! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Fish pie made with seafood mix, peas and sweet potato. Oven cooked in individual ceramic dishes.
    The dog approves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Chicken breast covered in shallots, chestnut mushrooms and white wine cooked in a tin foil parcel with dauphinois potatoes and carrot and green beans from the garden

Masterchef, eat your heart out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Beef casserole and mash. Some blaa to mop up the residue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Jeez yer all getting very fancy today :D:D:D

Would just like to say that I'm happy to be fed if anyone would like to cook for me! :P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Beef casserole and mash. Some blaa to mop up the residue.

Hmmmm, blaa you say? Deducing your possible location :):)

Dinner this eve was lazy, salad with peppers, olives and goats cheese and leftover chicken satay, didn't even bother to reheat it. Garlic bread and wine on the side :)

Sweet potatoes, garden peas, sweet corn and smoked Cooley all covered in parsley sauce

Dessert was Warm Rhubarb crumble and custard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

Start by roasting the chicken on a preheated 180 for 2 hours. Cover the breast with tinfoil for the last 30 mins. It will be delish! If you plan on reheating legs, thighs or wings, wrap them on a plate with clingfilm before putting them in the microwave. Trust me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's all about the leg of lamb in our house at the moment. I find it's better in Autumn than spring. Currently sourcing Achill lamb and slow BBQing it in an old Cape Town mix recipe that has a marinade of brown sugar, wasabi, English mustard, French mustard, ginger, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Leftover spuds fried up with fried egg in top. Cup 'o tae.

One of my favourite feeds is to fry some onion, throw the leftover spuds in then add some baked beans and cheese and stir through. Sometimes I add chilli too and when I used to eat eggs a fried one on top.

Delicious, nutritious comfort food.

A hot pork sandwich and a carton of milk. Late lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Having a glass of Guinness Foreign Extra. God its good.

Sirloin steak, roast potatoes, onions

Dessert was Mint Viennatta

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Green apple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Rosé and a packet of smokey bacon......beat that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Lucozade and doughnuts :)

Lucozade and doughnuts :)

Now is it the new (Shiite) lucozade or the original ;)

Drinking a glass of water

Autosport wrote: »
    Now is it the new (Shiite) lucozade or the original ;)

Drinking a glass of water

I'm not sure. Says 17g of sugar.

I'm not sure. Says 17g of sugar.

What percentage of glucose is it? 13 or 25%

Still drinking water

33.8g per bottle.

A Berocca and some Esomeprazole. Last nights pizza and Guinness is doing odd things to my stomach.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Start by roasting the chicken on a preheated 180 for 2 hours. Cover the breast with tinfoil for the last 30 mins. It will be delish! If you plan on reheating legs, thighs or wings, wrap them on a plate with clingfilm before putting them in the microwave. Trust me!

That's way too long for roasting a chicken, unless it's absolutely massive. It'll turn to dust!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Mini chocolate muffins!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Croissant & Tea

Pints of Tiger....rrrrrarrrr

Just had some pasta, with a chunky meaty homemade sauce, with fresh chilies. Washed down with a pint of milk.
    Witchie wrote: »
    Pints of Tiger....rrrrrarrrr

Few of them chilling in my fridge for later, and newly bought beer glasses for them in the dishwasher.

:D

Draught is better. ��

Mushroom and cheese pizza

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭TotalReality

Leftover Irish Stew.

Had a Chinese for dinner , beef in black pepper sauce and brown rice

Snacked on popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Maltesers

That's way too long for roasting a chicken, unless it's absolutely massive. It'll turn to dust!

2 hours is way too long for a chicken and it will turn to dust? A bit of an exaggeration. I roast a good size free range over that time and its moist and delish. 2.5kg weight. Maybe the little sparrow sized chickens are done in 1 hour 10, but they won't turn to feckin dust after 2 hours.

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Had a Chinese for dinner , beef in black pepper sauce and brown rice

Snacked on popcorn

Love it!

I had a very poor Thai Red chicken curry for dinner, in yet another hotel. Total rubbish and 15 quid into the bargain. Chewy chicken, bland sauce and a rubber poppadom. Wasn't paying for it so feck em!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

2 hours is way too long for a chicken and it will turn to dust? A bit of an exaggeration. I roast a good size free range over that time and its moist and delish. 2.5kg weight. Maybe the little sparrow sized chickens are done in 1 hour 10, but they won't turn to feckin dust after 2 hours.

I thought you were saying 2.5 hours!

My average chickens weigh 1.5kg. Where are you getting your huge chickens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I had roast lamb for dinner and a Yorkie raisin and biscuit bar afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Toasted Brack.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Cold pizza. Tasty....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I've got man flu this weekend, so all I can manage is throwing a pork chop and potato wedges in the oven. Ready shortly with some baked beans. Yummo!

• Advertisement

Spaghetti Bol and garlic bread for dinner

Warm apple pie and custard for dessert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Having some pulled pork jerky from Tesco and mug of green tea ... would rather buttery toast and tea but alas my expanding waistline forbids it!

Had cottage pie though I'd planned a roast. Dodgy bowels today :(

I thought you were saying 2.5 hours!

My average chickens weigh 1.5kg. Where are you getting your huge chickens?

A local "craft" butcher.

I hope I wasn't rude and may not have explained myself properly. But even a 1.5kg chicken will take 90 mins. My original advice was for 2 hours. 90 mins uncovered and 30 mins covered. I'm so used to buying decent sized chickens that I forget a lot of people may buy smaller ones. However the "turn to dust" point, I will not accept. :D Even the smallest chicken will survive 2 hours. It may be as dry as sand, but not dust!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Supervalu Cajun smoked salmon salad- it's really good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement