Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Full fat Pepsi and Nurofen!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Just made some chicken noodle soup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭gifted

Sandwich....would rather a big chunk of chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nigella panini with cajun sauce, chicken, red onions and mozzarella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Witchie wrote: »
    You sound like my son! He used to moan that even celery in the fridge made everything else taste awful.

I love it though. Raw, cooked, whatever.

Seems to be a popular thing served with hot chicken wings these days. Celery and a blue cheese dip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

A runny nose/watery eyes inducing curry using whatever veg I had lying around, with boiled rice. V.hot but damn nice.

A glass of red wine will be had later to celebrate being a step closer to the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

The ultimate comfort food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Boiled potatoes, leeks , smoked cooley with parsley sauce on the side.

Celery is gorgeous and I'd eat it everyday if I could :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Chipotle beef bowl with guacamole.

Just had a wild big feed of homemade aloo saag, rice boiled with lentils and an onion paratha. Poured some natural yoghurt on top to discover it wasn't that natural and had added sugar. Ugh. I hate when they put sugar is stuff that doesn't need it.

Am fed up with how sweet beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, bread and almost everything else is here. Am trying to only enjoy sugar in alcohol form and these feckers keep hiding it in my food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Greek yoghurt, oats, walnuts, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, honey. Big cup of coffee. I woke up smothered with a cold so will be spending the day eating myself better.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Witchie wrote:
    Am fed up with how sweet beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, bread and almost everything else is here. Am trying to only enjoy sugar in alcohol form and these feckers keep hiding it in my food.

Maybe invest in a pressure cooker & cook then freeze your own beans/pulses from dried. They taste much better too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

caffe latte and pastry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Coconut lentil Dahl.

I just made a cauldron of Chinese takeaway style curry lads. Chicken, mushrooms and massive onion slices. Some chili oil for extra heat. A few to feed! Hard to believe the takeaway version is deemed so unhealthy, but when made at home with some paste and TLC, it's a rather low fat dish. Uncle Ben's rice will fix that.:D

Dinner was Spag Bol and dessert was a slice of a Death by chocolate ( what a way to go) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Steak, mixed veg and potatoes for dinner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I just made a cauldron of Chinese takeaway style curry lads. Chicken, mushrooms and massive onion slices. Some chili oil for extra heat. A few to feed! Hard to believe the takeaway version is deemed so unhealthy, but when made at home with some paste and TLC, it's a rather low fat dish. Uncle Ben's rice will fix that.:D

Can I rob your recipe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Eggy breakfast sandwiches. 2 split rolls, cut side soaked in whisked egg, and toasted on griddle pan, french toast style. Both filled with streaky bacon, and Cumberland sausage. Washed down with a mug of tae.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Vegan "sausage" rolls.

I was suspicious but they're actually gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Coco Pops granola. Similar to coco pops mixed with bird feed. Not the best.

I had vegetarian baked rice and chips in a food court for €3. I couldn't eat it all. Still stuffed and that was 5 hours ago!

Donut & coffee

• Advertisement

Boiled potatoes, mixed vegetables and pork chop in barbecue sauce

Dessert was warm apple pie and ice cream

Can I rob your recipe?

No probs. I'll post it over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tayto and cheese on a burger bun cos I only have brown bread. Scalding hot tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A fridge cold prepackaged sandwich which expires today.

A fridge cold prepackaged sandwich which expires today.

That is rather depressing.

I had the kinda pizza most people probably hate. It was on a really crispy, almost pastry like base. Apart from the millions of mushrooms I had to remove, despite asking for no gnomes to be made homeless on my behalf, it was delicious.

• Advertisement

Mocha slush latte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Brown bread, straight out of the oven, with thick layers of homemade damson jam.

Brown bread, straight out of the oven, with thick layers of homemade damson jam.

Snap! Except I'm having butter & cheese. Ye can't beat the smell of bread baking wafting around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Prosecco. Mixed cashews & peanuts. Chilli Rice Cake Snacks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Rice pudding and raspberry jam.

Not a patch on what my mother used to make but it's nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I made pasta with pesto sauce, threw in a big spoon of creme fraiche,splash of white wine, some roasted cherry tomatoes and some fried diced chicken. Salad and garlic bread with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Eatin crap n watchin the Z Factor

Had the works, chicken curry, naan coconut rice & onion bahjis. No good for nathin now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Slice of toast and a cappuccino

Donut and coffee

• Advertisement

Caraway seed scone with butter and strawberry jam

Garlic bread with spaghetti carbonara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Rice Krispies.

Got the chicken and veg soup in at 1pm just before the power went.:D Homemade brown bread with it. Power back at 4pm and did a mini grill. I'd love to go out for a pint now!

Ate burger

Potato cakes smokey rashers & buttery sweetcorn with ridiculous amount of black pepper.

Grandeeod wrote:
    Got the chicken and veg soup in at 1pm just before the power went. Homemade brown bread with it. Power back at 4pm and did a mini grill. I'd love to go out for a pint now!

I'm gasping meself for a pint, in work tonight tho. Have 1 for me if ye go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'd say the whole country is gasping! I'm just having a rasher sambo and some coffee. Didn't eat much today.

I'd say the whole country is gasping! I'm just having a rasher sambo and some coffee. Didn't eat much today.

Couldn't get a taxi! So stayed in. But had a can or three.:D I thought I had some Wispa's. The pixies must have got them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Couldn't get a taxi! So stayed in. But had a can or three.:D I thought I had some Wispa's. The pixies must have got them.

The chocolate eating monsters i.e women :)

Better to stay in though.

• Advertisement

Latte

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement