Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

La.de.da wrote: »
    Koka noodles :o

Grandeeod, need a lodger? Your food always sounds amazing.

Just ordinary homemade grub, but always made with TLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Have spicy turkey meatballs in the oven. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Have spicy turkey meatballs in the oven. :)

I love meatballs :) Enjoy.

I love meatballs :) Enjoy.

I shall! Thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Had koka noodles and a paratha. Nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mashed potatoes, leeks and fresh cod :)

Galaxy Counters.

Galaxy Counters.

I’d love a pack of them now or minstrels. You’ve put the longing on me :D

Sipping water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Couple of Mini Rolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm starving here, a huge big plate of mash, stuffing, veg, chicken and pepper sauce is on the cards. Nom nom nom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Beef burrito

Fathom wrote: »
    Beef burrito

Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

knipex wrote: »
    LOL

If you knew how far off you were.... Even back in the day ... Border line alcoholic yes (back in the day) but never a stoner..

Apologies friend, but the recipe you shared with us screams stoner munch.

I had some of that beef left over from yesterday, so decided on a salad kind of thing. Little daughter said no feckin way to that and there went my break from the cooker! Dished up a roasted chicken fillet for her and tried some homemade wedges for the first time in years. Parboiled some thick slices of spud. Tossed them in olive oil and sprinkled in paprika. I was nearly certain that's how I made them years ago. Into the oven until crisp. Yep, it worked. Happy out. Then Mammy tries one, so off I went on another batch.:rolleyes:

So dinner tonight was a beef salad and homemade wedges. Sorry for taking the long route.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Jambons...glorious, glorious Jambons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Cup of tea and a ginger nut - dunked ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Its a miserable looking day out there

Corned beef hash it is!

Strawberries.

Just had a fully loaded bolagnase.

Minced Beef and Lamb, chopped bacon, sausages, and chorizo. Diced red onion, carrots, red and green peppers, mushroom, and some fresh chill. Tinned tomato, puree, crushed garlic, a little stock, and little bisto, bit of cracked pepper, italian herbs, and not a jar of dolmio in sight.

Delish.

Best part, is making some toasted sambos with some of the left overs, and grated mozzarella. Molton toasted sambos I call them.

Mashed potatoes, carrots/sweet corn and smoked bacon :)

Dessert was warm apple pie and custard

Mint sauce that meal sounds delicious *licks lips*

• Advertisement

BBDBB wrote: »
    Its a miserable looking day out there

Corned beef hash it is!

Manchester. I don't know the year anymore. Corned beef hash was the meal on a few occasions. Loved it. Post a recipe please.
    Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just had a fully loaded bolagnase.

Minced Beef and Lamb, chopped bacon, sausages, and chorizo. Diced red onion, carrots, red and green peppers, mushroom, and some fresh chill. Tinned tomato, puree, crushed garlic, a little stock, and little bisto, bit of cracked pepper, italian herbs, and not a jar of dolmio in sight.

Delish.

Best part, is making some toasted sambos with some of the left overs, and grated mozzarella. Molton toasted sambos I call them.

Hi Mint. That is awesome. Seriously awesome. Best meal I've read here in a while. I want some!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Lightly batter cod and chips with tartar sauce and onion rings. For desert some left over chocolate biscuit cake from the bottom layer of our wedding cake. I'm currently in beached whale mode.

Some fab meals tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Toast and tea.

Feicin IBS..... in a heap.

Jumbo wedges in the oven with garlic mayo.

Jumbo wedges in the oven with garlic mayo.

Tell me about the wedges darling.:D I really hope you aren't being shafted by making the homemade variety. A lot of work.:eek:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Tell me about the wedges darling.:D I really hope you aren't being shafted by making the homemade variety. A lot of work.:eek:

I do make homemade ones often but these are Dunnes. I'm too tired to cook much today.

(They'e horrible. Don't buy)

We used to do a lot of wedges in one place I worked. Boiled spuds, then cut into wedges and deep fried until crispy, they used to be a massive seller.

I do make homemade ones often but these are Dunnes. I'm too tired to cook much today.

(They'e horrible. Don't buy)

Thanks for the tip off S. I'll soldier on with the homemade.

For the thread, just had a sneaky slice of Tesco bought Lemon Cheese Cake! Not bad at all. Headin to the sack now. Up in 6 hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Plump red seedless grapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Manchester. I don't know the year anymore. Corned beef hash was the meal on a few occasions. Loved it. Post a recipe please.

Easy - quantities for 1 serving
    Potatoes, Onion, tinned corned beef, Worcestershire sauce and salt/pepper

Peel and cut 3 or 4 spuds into small cubes, an inch to an inch and a half-ish in size. Put them in a pan of cold water and bring them to the boil, when boiling, they need about another 7-8 minutes to cook.

While the water is boiling, cube the corned beef, (I had half a tin left after making sandwiches).
    Finely chop the onion, I only used half of it for one serving. As your potatoes get near to ready, begin to fry the onion in butter or olive oil

When the spuds are ready, drain them well, leave them on the sink in the colander to let them steam some of the moisture away for half a minute.
    Pour the spuds into the frying pan with the onion and fry for a minute or two, then add in your Worcester sauce and seasoning and your corned beef. Only gently stir it, if you mix it too hard you get a pink mash as the corned beef breaks apart, so gently does it. Continue to fry it until its all well heated at least, some folk like to caramelise (burn it a bit on one side to give it a crispy top)

When you reckon its done, plate it up, serve with brown sauce, beans or a fried egg

Best wedges ever. Cut into wedges leaving on the skin, par boil, toss in your strainer to roughen the edges, coat in a couple table spoons of oil, Cajun, and Paprika. Roast/bake in oven. Go great with my homemade burgers.

But for now, I'm going to have some beans on hot buttered toasted soda bread.

I had a tomato, some onion and cheese all melty and cooked together in the microwave on some yummy wheaten bloomer I got in the local supermarket. Think am gonna have some soup soon though as need something warm to soothe my throat.

Since I can't really taste anything, I feel hungry and unsatisfied the whole time. Goddamn this cold.

Lasagne (not homemade) Chips and Coleslaw.

There's still some Cheesecake left in the fridge.:D

I had a paratha. I feel too ill to eat but needed something to take my antibiotics with.

Bratwurst and I couldn't eat it. I think I'm off food.

Paracetamol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Toasted batch and tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Special K. Again.

• Advertisement

Witchie wrote: »
    I had a paratha. I feel too ill to eat but needed something to take my antibiotics with.

What is a paratha?

Drinking solpadeines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Company supplied catering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A digestive biscuit with a cheese single on top

Autosport wrote: »
    What is a paratha?

Drinking solpadeines

It's a flaky pastry like pancake Indian flat bread.

Donut & coffee

Just made mash, homemade burger and beans for the ladies. I have some slivers of steak marinading in the fridge. More later.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Dark chocolate Kit-Kat with some lemon green tea

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Coriander naan, daal & coconut rice. Twirl for afters. Only 3 hours til work finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Fajitas! Haven't made them in ages.

Kung Pow Chicken

Beef curry

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement