Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sweets I had bought for the trick or treaters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Roast stuffed loin of pork, roast veg & spuds with lashings of onion gravy. Durty

Mashed potatoes, leeks and smoked bacon covered in parsley sauce

Dessert 2 Mr Kipling’s French fancies :D

Washed down with mi wadi orange

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Fresh strawberries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Monkeynuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

branie2 wrote: »
    Monkeynuts

No they're not :pac:

Barmbrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Bacon, eggs, black pudding and...........

ulster.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Donut & coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Savoury mince with rice. Very tasty stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Savoury mince with rice. Very tasty stuff.

Haven't had decent savoury mince in so long. Tried a few packet sauces, but they didn't have a great flavour. I feckin love savoury mince, especially over mash. You have made me crave savoury mince tonight. Imagine if there was a takeaway that served Shep/Cott Pie, Savoury mince and all our other homemade faves.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Haven't had decent savoury mince in so long. Tried a few packet sauces, but they didn't have a great flavour. I feckin love savoury mince, especially over mash. You have made me crave savoury mince tonight. Imagine if there was a takeaway that served Shep/Cott Pie, Savoury mince and all our other homemade faves.:D

It's comfort food. I used to work when I was very young starting off in a place that did take away stuff like that. Lasagne, spag bol, pies.

It's comfort food. I used to work when I was very young starting off in a place that did take away stuff like that. Lasagne, spag bol, pies.

We need that sort of takeaway, but I fear the Irish are gone too snobby for it. It amazes me to think that if I don't feel like cooking a decent dinner, my only takeaway option is effectively junk food. Imagine if I could order up a steak in guinness pie and mash right now? Jaysus I'd be over the moon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I was eating a salmon darne with fresh coleslaw and roast potatoes but the wife started ranting so now I'm eating a pint of Carlsberg.

Or two.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ben & Jerry's Phish Food.

• Advertisement

Fish fingers, beans and sweet potato fries

Washed down with mi wadi orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My brother cooked me spag bol tonight - delicious but feeling quite full now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We need that sort of takeaway, but I fear the Irish are gone too snobby for it. It amazes me to think that if I don't feel like cooking a decent dinner, my only takeaway option is effectively junk food. Imagine if I could order up a steak in guinness pie and mash right now? Jaysus I'd be over the moon!

I think these will start and get quite common here. I hope so anyway. Healthy, home made takeaway would be great. Although I would say that some takeaways, indian and Thai for example, can have some options that wouldn't be all that bad.

When I was growing up a local carvery pub used to do takeaway. You had to go over with your own plate. So funny. It stopped when management changed.

Where I live now, the local pub used to sell of slabs of cooked meat at the end of Sunday carvery. The chef used to give it away after he'd close up too. Many a time my husband would come home after a few drinks with a parcel of beef and chicken in foil. Handy for pies.

Anyway, apologies for the tangent. Brie and bread with strong coffee.

Chicken and sweetcorn sandwich on brown. Pint of milk.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Some sausage sandwiches for lunch. They were OK, nothing special.

• Advertisement

Pastry & coffee

Mashed potatoes, Brocoli, Smoked Cooley

Dessert was Warm Apple pie and Ice cream

Washed down with a nice big glass of original (not that new crap) lucozade :D

It was fish n chips all round from the chipper tonight. Two fillets and a smoked cod. Added mushy peas and bread and butter. Cheesecake afterwards. Lots of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

On my third Guinness, gonna tuck into some rice and lentil curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It was fish n chips all round from the chipper tonight. Two fillets and a smoked cod. Added mushy peas and bread and butter. Cheesecake afterwards. Lots of milk.

I was with you till you said milk, lol, the devil's juice !!

I had a Tesco bean burger, some roasted cherry tomatoes and Uncle Ben's vegetable pilau with garlic bread. Some Chianti, but not a fava bean in sight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭yabbav

73Cat wrote: »
    I was with you till you said milk, lol, the devil's juice !!

I had a Tesco bean burger, some roasted cherry tomatoes and Uncle Ben's vegetable pilau with garlic bread. Some Chianti, but not a fava bean in sight :)

Something key is missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

yabbav wrote: »
    Something key is missing

?????? :)
    Edit to say I bet it's meat ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

27 million glasses of wine.

Ok, 3, but may as well be 27 million.

I heart wine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    ?????? :)
    Edit to say I bet it's meat ??

I'm thinking chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Just ordered sashimi again. Extra soy sauce, and wasabi, and soy sauce. :)

Wonder what my fortune cookie will say this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

im locked should stop posting on boards now

Had takeaway tonight as I didn’t have time to cook anything

Salad burger, chips, portion of curry sauce and some onion rings :)

Washed down with Club Orange

Bar-b-q steak

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Having some drinks while posting this and waiting for the next UFC 217 fight to start. Dick Strawbridge and his dirty scrambled-egg-scraps concealing moustache doing something with swords is on UTV in the background.

Don't be judging me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Holy communion ... a delicious slice of the body of christ ... nyom nyom nyom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Some Andes Creme de Menthe Thins. They are pretty much the only chocolate I can eat here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A can of 7up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

About to tuck into a roast dinner. Roast chicken (for the husband), roast spuds,stuffing, honey glazed carrots,peas,bread sauce,Yorkshire pudding and loads of tick,tick gravy. Sherry trifle to follow, 'cause I'm an old fashioned girl. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Pulled pork nachos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Snaktastic cheese and onion crisps - they are the bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

I had a Mars bar after my dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

In a happy foodie place. Just had indian style, very spicy potato cakes stuffed with feta (instead of paneer) and almonds in a mild and creamy tomato curry. Basmati rice, garlic naan all topped with almonds and coriander. One of the best meals I've had in ages.

Just in from work. Its beef szechuan and fried rice, with a few beers. I cooked some pork steak, mash and peas this morning to leave for the ladies of the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Porridge and honey. Savouring it and the peace before the onslaught of people arrive to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Still at work. Raided the snack cupboard and found a Double Dip. Anyone remember these bad boys? Junked up to my eyeballs on sugar, feeling goooooooooooooooood

36-Swizzle-Double-Dip-Sherbert-Sweets-111008051799.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chicken sandwich

Its cold wet and windy outside. Inside its a quick dose of beef stew and spuds reheated from earlier. Sorry to those offended but its a big glass of bainne to wash it all down. Bed, book or movie while listening to the howling wind! Up early!

Salmon on a bed of mashed potatoes

A twirl for dessert

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement