Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Avocado dip & chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Chocolate chip cookies and milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Had my work Christmas party in the Lemon Garden buffet at The Shangri-la Hotel in KL.

Due to my allergies and being a veggie, I was a bit restricted but still managed to get some pasta with a tomato sauce and added some veggies to it, they cook it in front of you while you wait, a slice of pizza and some salad. Followed that by some Edam and Port Salut cheese with a mini-mini baguette roll. Tried to have some of the bread and butter pudding but it was basically scrambled egg with croissant so only had a bite of it and left it. Had a few slices of melon to finish all washed down with water, pineapple juice and coffee.

After the party was over I went and had a yummy Shangri-la Sling cocktail and then went to my room here and had 2 cans of beer. Wild partying eh?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mid-morning tea and toast. Tea makes everything a little better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Beef stew 😋

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

A packet of Malteaser Reindeer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A Danish pastry. Very large but tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Sausage and potato.

Now I just need more coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Breakfast burrito

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

Matcha and cocoa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mash, beans and black pudding with mustard. One of my favourite dinners :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lasagne and chips. Nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Having roast chicken, veg gratin and thyme roasted spuds with gravy. First proper meal in days.

73Cat wrote: »
    Mash, beans and black pudding with mustard. One of my favourite dinners :)
    Whispered wrote: »
    Lasagne and chips. Nom
    Having roast chicken, veg gratin and thyme roasted spuds with gravy. First proper meal in days.

They're all great reminders for the to do list, but I must admit the mash, beans and black pudding is at the top!

Today and in between the whole working from home thing I managed to make little G some mash and turkey with a wee drop of gravy. I had a chicken chow mein from the takeaway earlier this week, but I made my own this evening and used the last of yesterdays pork steak too. Haven't had it yet.

Mrs G returns tomorrow from her medical sojourn and I have Taco mince ready lashed full of red and green peppers, hot chillis and jalapenos. We'll have it over nachos, with Taco sauce and mozzerella melted on top. Most likely with tea for herself and milk for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dinner was fresh cod, carrots, mashed potatoes covered in parsley sauce

Dessert was warm rhubarb crumble with custard

Washed down with club orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Non nom, can I've a recommendation on that beer?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having toast tea and toast, I had two kombacher's before that.

a recommendation on that beer?

Galway Hooker is all you need ;)

Having toast tea and toast, I had two kombacher's before that.

Galway Hooker is all you need ;)

But, but, I want battery acid :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

But, but, I want battery acid :pac:

Ohhh......Galahad is the one for you so :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Big Mac, chocolate Milkshake.

Autosport wrote: »
    Dinner was fresh cod, carrots, mashed potatoes covered in parsley sauce

Dessert was warm rhubarb crumble with custard

Washed down with club orange

Just curious, do many people eat dessert at home? I never do, but I don't have a sweet tooth.

Is it a thing people do? Sundays, or weekdays? Curious!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Just curious, do many people eat dessert at home? I never do, but I don't have a sweet tooth.

I don't anyway. I only got some desserts with meal deals lately and found them filling. Christmas I would have trifle alright or pud with custard. I think Auto likes her desserts though :)

Only Black Forest and only have that at christmas.

:eek: Am I the only one who loves her dessert

Had a Rice Krispie bun for dessert tonight :)

Only Black Forest and only have that at christmas.

Now that’s one dessert I don’t like

:eek: Am I the only one who loves her dessert

Had a Rice Krispie bun for dessert tonight :)

Nope.:D I've a pair of lovely ladies that would partake in dessert a few times a week. No harm in it as it can compliment a hearty main course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A handful of wine gums and a can of Becks Blue while watching Redzone.

Had Chinese for dinner: Beef with black pepper sauce and boiled rice

Dessert was Sticky toffee pudding with warm custard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just started a 2-GINGERS, Irish Whiskey, bottle says it’s from Kilbeggin but I never heard of it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Inflight food.
    38266221784_7c61965e07.jpg
    38945444582_a3d7d7fe93.jpg
    38266221854_3642762177.jpg
    38266221974_99602d4c2a.jpg
    38266222124_5bfb9b5139.jpg
    38266222294_ef98142fff.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Mint flavoured Matchmakers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 SummerHaze

i have banana cupcakes and tea with ginger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Smurfjed, what is each dish. Marks and spencer style :D (really though what are they?)

Roast pork, leeks and mashed potatoes

Dessert 2 Mr kiplings French fancies

Slow cooked beef chianti with paprika potatoes and peas with leeks, panchetta and a herb butter.

Slow cooked beef chianti with paprika potatoes and peas with leeks, panchetta and a herb butter.

Simple Monday fare.

Roast pork, leeks and mashed potatoes

Dessert 2 Mr kiplings French fancies

Awesome ladies. Absolutely awesome!

I'm only having crispy chilli chicken and chips.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Inflight food

Not a Ryanair flight, I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Just stuffed some chicken fillets with garlic and mozzarella, eaten with homemade chips and sprouts . All washed down with a few beers!

Got some relieving good news today, made it a very enjoyable dinner. I'll sleep well tonight :)

My daughter had a friend over after school. A sort of babysitting job and sort of play date thing. I didn't care. All are welcome. The after school snack in freezing weather was hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. Mains was a Cheeseburger, triple cooked chips and onion rings in a feckin basket! All very bold indeed. But hey its nearly Christmas so let the kids enjoy it!

As I'm working from home today, I was very organised so I made myself a nice creamy curry with mushrooms, onions, komodo dragon chillis and tonnes of fresh chicken breast pieces. Gonna have it as soon as I polish off my two large bottles of Peroni. I have a single strawberry cheesecake portion for afters. Yes I will!

All I had today were some oven baked potatoes. I might have a wrap later.

Breakfast burrito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

The chef created a lovely combination of... delightful pureed groundnut spread, with a tastefully sweetened cacao reduction, and perfectly paired with an ever-so lightly toasted (and thinly sliced) brioche baguette.

447b7d4c9f08e5a5ba0c8c295ebba938--funny-ideas-nutella.jpg

• Advertisement

Pork chops, carrots/peas and mashed potatoes

Dessert was a Rice Krispie bun all washed down with a can of club orange

Donut & coffee

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hot Chocolate and Bounty Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pork Curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Got myself a Christmas sandwich from Marks n Sparks, turkey bacon stuffing crispy onions and cranberry sauce between two slices of bread. Really helping with the roaring hangover after the work Christmas party last night. IN. BITS

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement