Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Avocado dip and chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

comforting creamy sauteed potato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Aldi's ginger tea, yummy, if I ever wondered what the water at Dun Laoghaire pier (and I have) tasted like, now I have the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Raspberries, almonds and a latte

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lemon leaf and a cupán tae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

hot roast beef baguette with mustard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porridge with fresh raspberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

panadol extra

bowl of vanilla ice cream, half a flake left over from Xmas crumbled over the top and a slug of Baileys, also from Xmas

Xmas lasts longer than it used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Beef casserole and mash. I flung some mushy peas on the side. Homemade brown bread for mopping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tonight’s dinner was beef lasagne, coleslaw and chips and dessert was a chocolate flake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Had a big lump of hot from the oven batch bread with Mexican dip for starters then a yummy butternut squash risotto with garlic spuds for mains washed down with a pint of Cute Hoor IPA. Too full for dessert so had a baileys mocha them 2 Disarono and bitter lemon. My last night or with 2 of my bezzies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tae and toast with marmalade.

just finished roasted potato with sour cream and chive spread. my fave.

now onto coffee latte. lovely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Bought a sandwich toaster over the weekend and have been living on a diet of toasted ham and cheese sandwiches since then.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

Bought a sandwich toaster over the weekend and have been living on a diet of toasted ham and cheese sandwiches since then.

I have been strongly considering buying one of these again. I have a George F but its not the same.
    With the proper yoke I could revisit my youth when I lived on toasted sambos.
    My favs were to pour some beaten egg directly into the little wells of the toaster & when firmed up slap em between 2 slices of bread with cheese & re-toast in the machine.
    Another filthy option is Heinz spaghetti hoops & cheese. But that caused the demise of one of the toasters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chicken stir fry, a weensy portion :(

Microwave popcorn

Mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, spiced beef

Dessert was sticky toffee pudding and ice cream :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Amoxicillin, washed down with a foot long Steak and Cheese Sub, and a bottle of Pepsi.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just made a soup of tomato, red pepper, red lentils, carrot, onion and fennel seeds.

So had a bowl of that along with grilled sardines on pita toast covered with loads of rocket.

Forgot to take a pic, but it's yummy!

Homemade pasties with spud leak & cheese filling (for veggies) pork &veg ( omnivores) mash, turnip & lashings of onion gravy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Donut & coffee

kimokanto wrote: »
    Homemade pasties with spud leak & cheese filling (for veggies) pork &veg ( omnivores) mash, turnip & lashings of onion gravy.

Would love to try making pasties, but too afraid I'd mess up the pastry!

Chicken sandwich

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote:
    Would love to try making pasties, but too afraid I'd mess up the pastry!

I have tried posting a link but no joy...
    I use rachel allens recipe for hot water crust pastry. Easy & works well

kimokanto wrote: »
    I have tried posting a link but no joy...
    I use rachel allens recipe for hot water crust pastry. Easy & works well

Ah thanks kk, I'll do a search for it.

Smoked cooley, garden peas and mashed potatoes with parsley sauce

No dessert tonight

Rice Crispies, with warm milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Beans and toast. Real butter. Black pepper.

• Advertisement

Breakfast burrito

Playing catch up! Last night I can genuinely say that I had a great meal. Hotel bar food. Beef and Guinness pie with champ mash and roasted carrots and parsnips. Delish and plenty of tender beef chunks in the pie. I'm seriously pissed off that I didn't take a photo.

Wrecked tired today after a long week, but I soldiered on and made some Chinese style curry for later. Right now I'm drinking a few Peroni's and I'm tempted to slip out for actual pints. Looking forward to a little lie on tomorrow.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Drinking a glass of Baileys

Kong Pow Chicken with rice

Disprin followed by difflam throat spray and strepsils

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Nothing and I'm getting hangry

Autosport wrote: »

Ya caught the dose ya poor thing. Get well soon Auto and remember that an army marches on its stomach!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 drlamp

Porridge with cinnamon, honey and a table spoon of peanut butter.

Every now and then I get a craving to have porridge for dinner!

Snow on the ground. Fire roaring up the chimney. Time for a hot chicken curry and chips. A bottle of Heineken to wash it down. Then bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Quinoa salad left over from dinner. It's packed with yummy things, rocket, pomegranate, parsley, tomato, avocado, feta, sundried tomato, olives. And slices of brown soda bread. Glass of my favourite red wine which I saved from Christmas. Some roses from a box I opened this afternoon so not all fudge and coffee bastids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

Autosport wrote: »
    Panadol Extra, Bronchostop and Actifed!
    You have my deepest sympathy, it is a rotten dose.

Fruit salad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Had a badly cremated cinnamon bagel with cream cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

drlamp wrote: »
    Porridge with cinnamon, honey and a table spoon of peanut butter.

Every now and then I get a craving to have porridge for dinner!

Eating a bowl of Porridge with cinnamon and brown sugar and oat milk.
    I eat porridge anytime of the day and night !
    I could happily live on porridge and toast !

Mashed potatoes and gravy followed by solpadeines

Delicious, plump, mouth watering peach.

Tea and toast.

Pasta with a home made sauce (tomato, onion, garlic, chorizo, olives, red wine)

I keep smelling blueberry bagels, so now.... I must have one.

• Advertisement

A big bowl of stew loaded with beef, carrots, onion and parsnips. Ladled over a big heap of creamy mash with bread and buttered batch loaf. Dinner for one with a little candle.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement