Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei - netflix download problem

• 05-12-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I have both a Huawei P8 and a Huawei mediapad tablet. Both are fully updated but neither offer the netflix download option. Even with the update the download option is not avaialble for netflix. I have tried reinstalling the app. Netflix support were not able to clarify why this is the case and suggested speaking with Huawei. Huawei suppport said they do not offer support for third party apps and services and to contact Netflix.

Anyone able to offer ideas or suggesions ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Are you getting any form of error messages?

Just so you know, the download option is not available on every show/movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭dixierip

No error messages. Just no download option. Icon not available after update. Anyone ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you rooted perhaps?

Nope

ED E wrote: »
    Are you rooted perhaps?

Netflix don't care about rooting ED, I'm rooted and it has always worked regardless :)
    dixierip wrote: »
    No error messages. Just no download option. Icon not available after update. Anyone ideas ?

But are you certain that the program / movie you are looking at can be downloaded?

When you press the menu button on the main Netflix app, do you see a section called "Available for Download" like I do below?

HHIQlDL.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I have a P9 and works fine here, but only mostly Netflix shows and some movies.
    Do you see the 'Available for Download' option in the Menu ? If not I would suggest re-installing the app because it should definitely work.

No my menu does not have the available for download option. And none of the shows are available for download. It is very odd. I can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Odd, if a reinstall doesn't work then the only thing I can think of is that your account might be originally set up in a region that may not have it yet ?

Netflix' website does say it's not available for all devices, but I seriously think the P8 should be fine for it...

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939

Nope the account is fine. Works fine on oh's iPhone. To add insult to injury my son has a huawei y6 it works fine also for him.

With all the info to hand, I reckon Netflix hasn't pushed the latest version to the 2 devices that you have just yet.

For reference, my Netflix app is version 4.12.1 build 14299

If yours is below that, I think you won't have download functions until Netflix decide to push it you devices :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement