Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car valuation

• 05-12-2016 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Due to change in circumstances I have to leave country and sell up. We have 2 cars and I need to sell them on. Contacted a few companies and they are offering very low money for the cars.

I have never sold a car myself, just wondering what is best way to price the car's? I have checked on carzone and it has confused me more than anything.....

Both cars are in perfect condition and low mileage. Some small marks from general use but nothing major. Both have NCT's and taxed till next Summer......

Any help would be welcome.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

It would help if we knew what model they are as well as years and mileage, also do they come with full service history from reputable garage?

Also, did you check on donedeal for same models/years/mileage and what kind of price they go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How old are the cars? If the cars have NCT they shouldn't be too hard to sell private. If your trying to sell it to a dealer you will get small money. Look at the most expensive private sale price for your car and the cheapest and set an asking price somewhere in the middle if your going to sell it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

11 Audi A6 with circa 165k km on it, full Audi Service History, timing belt done this year, not sure if specific model, full leather with Sat Nav
    08 SMAX with circa 145k km on it, full Ford Service History, automatic, Titanium model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Buying >> main forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

How much are you expecting for each car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

The mileage on the Audi is high enough, 165k for 5, nearly 6, year old car thats over 25k a year, definitely the higher end of things. Its also a relatively high priced car for a private sale, most on sale would be dealer ones which people prefer to buy if paying large amount of money so you will have to price it lower than the majority of what you see for sale.

xabi wrote: »
    How much are you expecting for each car?

No idea, that is problem, maybe 10k for the SMAX?????

For the Audi I am have no idea at all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Nuw wrote:
    It would help if we knew what model they are as well as years and mileage, also do they come with full service history from reputable garage?

I'm more interested to know why she has to do a legger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    No idea, that is problem, maybe 10k for the SMAX?????

For the Audi I am have no idea at all....

There's dealers selling smax for 6950 with similar-ish mileage.

Might be hard to shift if you look for that much.

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/ford-s-max-smax-zetec-1-8d-5speed-1-8-5-speed/14021650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

If you need a quick sale:- 11K for the Audi and 7K for the Ford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

You say you were offered "Very little" for the cars ... What were you offered that you considered to be little?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

New model or old A6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

There's dealers selling smax for 6950 with similar-ish mileage.

Might be hard to shift if you look for that much.

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/ford-s-max-smax-zetec-1-8d-5speed-1-8-5-speed/14021650

That's a zetec so might scrape a grand more for the titanium but she didn't mention if the belt was done. That has a wet belt possibly and it's due. Expensive job. Bringing it back down to the 6950 mark.

thanks for all the help, one question I forgot to ask, where is best place to put them up for sale? I just noticed that Adverts doesn't allow you to put up for free like other stuff

Is done deal best for second hand cars? or carzone?

M

thanks for all the help, one question I forgot to ask, where is best place to put them up for sale? I just noticed that Adverts doesn't allow you to put up for free like other stuff

Is done deal best for second hand cars? or carzone?

Put both on Donedeal, the Audi you could also put on Carzone as more expensive cars might sell better there.

Take time in preparing your advert, list the service histories and in particular major jobs like timing belts and when they were done. Take about 20 good photos of each car and then narrow down the best 10 to use, have a look at similar cars for sale and you will see the good from the rubbish ads, copy the good ads.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

FortySeven wrote: »
    That's a zetec so might scrape a grand more for the titanium but she didn't mention if the belt was done. That has a wet belt possibly and it's due. Expensive job. Bringing it back down to the 6950 mark.

You'll find there's little enough difference between models at that age and mileage. It'll be €300-€400 imho.

Sorry to bring this back up

SMAX is gone....

Looking for idea on the Audi. Only offer so far is 11k and I was hoping based on done deal etc for closer to 14k. Am I Mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sorry to bring this back up

SMAX is gone....

Looking for idea on the Audi. Only offer so far is 11k and I was hoping based on done deal etc for closer to 14k. Am I Mad?

You'd be hard pressed to sell it privately for that money.

Unless someone REALLY wants an A6

What would I expect? that is what I am confused about, talked to someone and of course they said I would be mad to sell for 14k or less

But everything I see suggests I wont get that

Probably question is, what do you lose per year on an Audi A6? 3k 4k or 5k?

M

A good guide is a car will typically lose 50% of its price every 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What would I expect? that is what I am confused about, talked to someone and of course they said I would be mad to sell for 14k or less

But everything I see suggests I wont get that

Is it a new model a6 or old model? both available in 2011

If it is an old model... take the 11k, if it is a new model... hold out for more

mloc123 wrote: »
    Is it a new model a6 or old model? both available in 2011

If it is an old model... take the 11k, if it is a new model... hold out for more

Old model

Advertisement