Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will play Croker?

Options
  • 05-12-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

So now that Guns n Roses have confirmed Slane and Coldplay are only doing 1 night in Croke Park, who is now going to play in Croke Park next year? Adele has got to be favourite and you would think she would fill 2 nights. I also wouldn't rule out Garth however.. That story has more to come I think!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I don't believe the rumour that Justin Bieber will play there. They will sell tickets before the Christmas if anything and not wait till all the kids has got their xmas presents and parents can't afford it.

So I think it will be Garth Brooks. At a guess, it will be late July.

I reckon Garth Brooks will be announced sometime in the first 3 weeks in January. He's back touring at the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

U2 or Adele?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Bon Jovi have started touring, they havnt announced their European dates yet though. they might take 1 night

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

crazyderk wrote: »
    Bon Jovi have started touring, they havnt announced their European dates yet though. they might take 1 night

Bon Jovi will probably be in the Aviva if they play and outdoor show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Coldplay may be the only act to play CP in 2017 and then in 2018 we may get acts like U2, Garth Brooks ,Ed Sheeran etc

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Coldplay may be the only act to play CP in 2017 and then in 2018 we may get acts like U2, Garth Brooks ,Ed Sheeran etc

Surely Coldplay would have added a second show if that was the case though? The demand was certainly there.

Surely Coldplay would have added a second show if that was the case though? The demand was certainly there.

time will tell

i heard Coldplay could not fit in a second Croke Park date into there schedule ???

You would have to wonder how people seemed so sure that guns n roses were to play Croke Park. That and it was meant to go on sale a month ago. What was the hold up? Do promoters change venues at the last minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

time will tell

i heard Coldplay could not fit in a second Croke Park date into there schedule ???

That was not true.
    They have 3 nights free before the Dublin gig and 2 free after.
    Loads of time to play an extra gig .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    That was not true.
    They have 3 nights free before the Dublin gig and 2 free after.
    Loads of time to play an extra gig .

Some bands like at least a day off between gigs. But looking at other dates this is not the case.

coldplay-tour-dates.jpg

seems odd there are no "double date" gigs in venues in europe.

posterfinal.jpg

EDIT: I see now those there are several back to back gigs in europe, there is a wiki page on them. I was also no copping on that the US gigs were this year, some long tour!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Head_Full_of_Dreams_Tour

25 June 2017 Gothenburg Sweden Ullevi
    26 June 2017
    30 June 2017 Frankfurt Germany Commerzbank-Arena
    1 July 2017
    3 July 2017 Milan Italy San Siro
    4 July 2017
    8 July 2017 Dublin Ireland Croke Park
    11 July 2017 Cardiff Wales Millennium Stadium
    12 July 2017
    15 July 2017 Paris France Stade de France
    16 July 2017
    18 July 2017

So now it seems really odd there is just 1 Irish date, esp. as it sold out fast.

rubadub wrote: »
    Some bands like at least a day off between gigs. But looking at other dates this is not the case.

coldplay-tour-dates.jpg

seems odd there are no "double date" gigs in venues in europe.

posterfinal.jpg

EDIT: I see now those there are several back to back gigs in europe, there is a wiki page on them. I was also no copping on that the US gigs were this year, some long tour!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Head_Full_of_Dreams_Tour

25 June 2017 Gothenburg Sweden Ullevi
    26 June 2017
    30 June 2017 Frankfurt Germany Commerzbank-Arena
    1 July 2017
    3 July 2017 Milan Italy San Siro
    4 July 2017
    8 July 2017 Dublin Ireland Croke Park
    11 July 2017 Cardiff Wales Millennium Stadium
    12 July 2017
    15 July 2017 Paris France Stade de France
    16 July 2017
    18 July 2017

So now it seems really odd there is just 1 Irish date, esp. as it sold out fast.

Yep.. it means there is almost certainly something else planned for Croke Park that is more lucrative than Coldplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

‪A HUGE international star is announcing a Dublin gig https://www.goss.ie/huge-international-star-announcing-dublin-gig-next-week/@goss_ie‬; news article from December 1st

‪A HUGE international star is announcing a Dublin gig https://www.goss.ie/huge-international-star-announcing-dublin-gig-next-week/@goss_ie‬; news article from December 1st

Adele id say. Somehow i cant see Bieber flying over

Please tell me Garth Brooks moved to MCD.

I have a feeling its Adele. I'm beginning to think it will be a Croke Park concert.

Robbie Williams is playing the Aviva on the 17th of June. Would they really have another concert a week later?

That and they often have concerts in Croke Park around the 20th of June. So i reckon it'll be the 24th of June in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Story is from Dec 1st + it says Monday which would have been yesterday.....prob had plans to fly in Slash or someone to make the Slane announcement.

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Story is from Dec 1st + it says Monday which would have been yesterday.....prob had plans to fly in Slash or someone to make the Slane announcement.

That's what i saw as well. But then they didn't fly in anyone.

I take it that the above rumour isn't true. There would be more in the news about it.

There was some suggestion that Justin Bieber might be announcing a Croke Park show next summer, that looks unlikely now as he announced a 2017 stadium tour of North America on Ellen yesterday.

• Advertisement

There was some suggestion that Justin Bieber might be announcing a Croke Park show next summer, that looks unlikely now as he announced a 2017 stadium tour of North America on Ellen yesterday.

So they could have had a second gig with Coldplay. The demand was there. You do have to wonder why they didn't. Unless the other two are reserved for somebody else. My guess is Garth Brooks. He likes to announce things at the last minute. Anyone else would have their announcement made by now and tickets sold. Surely they don't all announce them late.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Didn't Adele play here this year already like? What's the point her playing here again next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭hynesie08

FitzShane wrote: »
    Didn't Adele play here this year already like? What's the point her playing here again next summer?

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

hynesie08 wrote: »
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Whats laughable is that they they are promoting her stadia tour as being specially configured "intimate" in the round concerts.

Most of the places she is playing are huge cricket grounds ,some intimacy there,you could be over 120m from the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Her London shows are billed as "The Finale".
    I don't think there'll be other European dates announced other than the 4 Wembley shows.

Bieber just confirmed for Hyde Park 2nd July and Cardiff on the 30th of June

yeah a Croke Park show will deff happen

didnt even think he was still that relavant tbh

Him and Coldplay the only 2 CP shows for 2017

2018 may be U2 and Garth Brooks

yeah a Croke Park show will deff happen

didnt even think he was still that relavant tbh

Fools and their money are easily parted.

Bieber only sings around 3-4 songs live the rest is mimed/lip sync

Fcuk
    Fcuk
    Fcuk

I was hoping it might be MCD and give him the Aviva but he's with Aiken, so it's gonna be Croke Park.

There goes Garth.

• Advertisement

It was on the radio during the week that Garth Brooks was to play Dublin next summer.

It was a rumour quite obviously but where are these rumours coming from? Cork rumour and Dublin rumour?

Advertisement