Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will play Croker?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

The Raptor wrote: »
    It was on the radio during the week that Garth Brooks was to play Dublin next summer.

It was a rumour quite obviously but where are these rumours coming from? Cork rumour and Dublin rumour?

I guess it depends where you heard it! I personally think it's a case of "when" rather than "if" GB plays here again. Where did you hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could Garth Brooks go the arena route here

5 nights in the 3arena and 3 nights in the oddessy Belfast ??

PTH2009 wrote: »

I doubt it.. way too big for those arenas!

I doubt it.. way too big for those arenas!

U2 and Michael Buble played multiple shows in the 3arena the past few years instead of stadiums ???

Crazier things have happened

Garth could play 5/6 nights in the 3arena and also do matanee shows.
    An Irsh tour playing places like Cork, Limerick, Belfast etc could be the best option instead of playing 2 Croke Park dates and disapointing fans who may not get tickets

When and wherever he plays here's it's going to sell out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I guess it depends where you heard it! I personally think it's a case of "when" rather than "if" GB plays here again. Where did you hear it?

Well, it wasn't me who heard it. It was someone else that told me.

• Advertisement

Not a hope he will play arenas here. His current stage set up he uses in America is far too big to be used in the 3arena.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If he does play Ireland next year he will do a Irish stadium tour

If he does play Ireland next year he will do a Irish stadium tour

Think he might play some of these venues 2 nights each

PUC Cork
    Thomond Park Limerick
    Pearse Stadium Galway
    Belfast
    Nowlan Park Kilkenny
    Aviva or RDS Dublin

It may be scaled down compared to his states stage set up (that looked huge). Thought they might announce it for the Xmas market

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would Bieber really seel out Croker???? I thought he'd kind of passed his peak. I was thinking it would be Adele, she'd probably sell it out no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

MadYaker wrote: »
    Would Bieber really seel out Croker???? I thought he'd kind of passed his peak. I was thinking it would be Adele, she'd probably sell it out no bother.

Wembley is adeles final show.
    Bieber would do it no bother.. unfortunately

• Advertisement

Well it's not Justin Bieber..

He's just announced the RDS June 21st

Still nobody else for Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I think at this stage the clever money would be on Adele for Croker.

corm500 wrote: »
    I think at this stage the clever money would be on Adele for Croker.

Yep.. it's either Adele or Garth I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Very strange that Coldplay didn't do 2nights with biener now ruled out also. Unless Adele is gonna do 2 nights

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Very strange that Coldplay didn't do 2nights with biener now ruled out also. Unless Adele is gonna do 2 nights

Yeah whoever it is will be playing more than 1 night. It's also strange that it hasn't been announced yet.

Bruce Springsteen was only announced at the end of January this year for his shows last May

Maybe there still in negotiations with someone over the remaining dates or there will be no dates

Adele seems to be only playing London but money talks , Bon Jovi might play the RDS again,

Kings Of Leon, Brooks, Lady Gaga ???

U2 are also rumoured to be touring next summer ??

Hasn't Adele confirmed Wembley only?
    Really doubt it's her..

In terms of rock music

I'd love if the Foo Fighters played Croke Park

Bon Jovi would be acceptable but they done it already in 2006 when they had Richie Savors and there popularity was at an all time high. They seem to be tied to the RDS though the past few years

Kings Of Leon, u2, RHCP, Muse all possibilities

Already 2017 looks amazing for gig's in Ireland and the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

In terms of rock music

I'd love if the Foo Fighters played Croke Park

Bon Jovi would be acceptable but they done it already in 2006 when they had Richie Savors and there popularity was at an all time high. They seem to be tied to the RDS though the past few years

Kings Of Leon, u2, RHCP, Muse all possibilities

Already 2017 looks amazing for gig's in Ireland and the UK

KoL and Muse wouldn't have a hope of breaking even on Croker these days, and RHCP played to a half-empty stadium last time they did it so I doubt they'd play there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Bruce Springsteen was only announced at the end of January this year for his shows last May

Maybe there still in negotiations with someone over the remaining dates or there will be no dates

Adele seems to be only playing London but money talks , Bon Jovi might play the RDS again,

Kings Of Leon, Brooks, Lady Gaga ???

U2 are also rumoured to be touring next summer ??

Gaga didn't fill Aviva years ago, she won't be playing a stadium here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

KoL and Muse wouldn't have a hope of breaking even on Croker these days.
    KOL have played plenty of times here before too, that has to be factored in with bands. Lots of people will tick bands off a list they want to see live and not be too pushed seeing them again, esp. in bigger venues.

Rolling stones are touring in 2017. I really hope they don't play there but reckon they would be big enough for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Croker is apparently grand if you're on the pitch. Sound can be ****e in the stands though.

Beyonce is touring, could be a possibility??? Or maybe not big enough to sell it out? I don't really know

MadYaker wrote: »
    Croker is apparently grand if you're on the pitch. Sound can be ****e in the stands though.

Beyonce is touring, could be a possibility??? Or maybe not big enough to sell it out? I don't really know
    Played last year, didn't sell it

Heard the Rolling Stones are doing a 10 city Euro tour next summer. So maybe they might play CP

Never saw them and this tour will surly be there last as there getting on a bit (and Mick has a new baby to look after lol)

They seem to skip Ireland on there tours, only played Slane here the last 2 times they were here. Maybe Jagger enjoyed Bruce in Croke Park so much that he wants to play there himself lol

Think they would sell out Croke Park

Right after Justin Bieber plays the RDS in Dublin, he's playing the following venues

Stade pierre mauroy in France 50,000 capacity
    Commerzbank arena in Germany 51,000 capacity
    Principality stadium Cardiff 74,000 capacity
    Hyde Park London 65,000 capacity.

He's playing a few other cities with similar capacity around Europe before Dublin. All of these cities above are single dates.

You do have to wonder why he's playing in a smaller venue here at 38,000. Although, he's playing on a Friday, I'm going to guess that they will put on a Saturday concert as well.

Why not just give him one night in Croke Park? It seems to be free.

But my guess is they're holding those two dates. My guess it's Garth Brooks with his tour of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Raptor wrote: »
    Hyde Park London 65,000 capacity.

He's playing a few other cities with similar capacity around Europe before Dublin. All of these cities above are single dates.

You do have to wonder why he's playing in a smaller venue here at 38,000.
    If all those cities are only single dates then I am wondering why the venue he is playing here is not smaller. What is the population to capacity ratio in these places? London appears to be his only date in England. England has about 10 times the population of Ireland.

rubadub wrote: »
    If all those cities are only single dates then I am wondering why the venue he is playing here is not smaller. What is the population to capacity ratio in these places? London appears to be his only date in England. England has about 10 times the population of Ireland.

Anyone can sell out Croke Park now. I think there are plans for somebody else to play there.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Heard the Rolling Stones are doing a 10 city Euro tour next summer. So maybe they might play CP

Never saw them and this tour will surly be there last as there getting on a bit (and Mick has a new baby to look after lol)

They seem to skip Ireland on there tours, only played Slane here the last 2 times they were here. Maybe Jagger enjoyed Bruce in Croke Park so much that he wants to play there himself lol

Think they would sell out Croke Park

They played the point in I think 2002. But yes they would defo sell out Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

With Ed Sheeran's return to social media this morning after a year long absence and one of his producers stating on BBC Radio 1 that his album is ready and will be out very soon, could he be in the running for a quick return to Croker in 2017?

I would think 2018 is way more likely but given that he's odds-on to headline Glastonbury in June, surely it's a possibility (if only a small one).

Guaranteed instant 2 night sell out for the promoters.

• Advertisement

With Ed Sheeran's return to social media this morning after a year long absence and one of his producers stating on BBC Radio 1 that his album is ready and will be out very soon, could he be in the running for a quick return to Croker in 2017?

I would think 2018 is way more likely but given that he's odds-on to headline Glastonbury in June, surely it's a possibility (if only a small one).

Guaranteed instant 2 night sell out for the promoters.

I'd say there possibly leaving the 2 nights open for him

Garth might play all over Ireland and play the RDS in Dublin. He might be the first act to play the new PUC in Cork ???

Advertisement