Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephen's day activities

Options
  • 05-12-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

My future in laws are coming from Germany to stay with us over Xmas.
    I'm looking for advice on activities to do on Stephen's day. I'm a blow in, 2 years in, and I've never been here on the 26th so I don't know what's good/bad etc.

We have the leopardstown races in the idea pot, but I'm really struggling after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The sales are also on, so avoid the roads leading to the major shopping centres.
    That's pretty much sums up of 'traditional' Christmas in Dublin anyway!
    Personally, I'd avoid the races.

Have the inlaws been over before?

Might be nice to drive up to Howth and walk the pier and go for a nice lunch in one of the many seafood restaurants. Should be a nice festive feel up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Or go Southside to Dalkey - walk up and over Killiney Hill and have lunch or dinner in one of the pubs/restaurants (check beforehand that they're open).
    Or do the Bray to Greystones walk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Scare the crap out of charm them and bring them along to the wren boy festival at Sandycove

https://www.dublinvisitorcentre.ie/sandymount-wren-boys-festival/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've never been to the racing on Stephens Day, but supposedly it can be mayhem as it's generally regarded as a day out on the sauce (I totally avoid it and go the following day as I'd be going for the racing itself).

Advertisement