Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Embassy Cup

Options
  • 05-12-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

This is really what the embassy cup is, and the shotgun element needs practice and can only be completed with a Pump Action

But isn’t the Embassy Cup just a shotgun match you see at the NRA Gallery Rifle events? Not quite.

The background

Dietmar Hönersch help start the BDMP Embassy Cup roughly about 18 years ago. The idea was to encourage the various SLG’s (Schießleistungsgruppen) to compete against each other, but at the same time:
    • Promote shooting in general
    • Encourage social interaction between the various groups
    • Build closer ties with shooting enthusiast, both local & international

The competition consists of three individual matches and then an aggregate of these three. The matches are:

M1 carbine match (.30 calibre semi-auto rifle – iron sights only). Shot at 50m, unsupported on a roundel target

Practice 1 (prone)
    • 3 minutes for 5 sighters
    • 45 seconds to fire 15 rounds in magazines of 5, including 2 reloads

Practice 2 (kneeling)
    • 3 minutes for 5 sighters
    • 45 seconds to fire 15 rounds in magazines of 5, including 2 reloads

NPA B pistol/revolver match (Multi-Target Match)

This is basically the same as the standard NRA multi target match, but shot to NPA rules. Differences include:
    • Shot only with pistol or revolver (iron sights only)
    • Start position is gun butt in stomach, pointing at the target – not 45 degrees Practice 4 is shot in 6 seconds, not 8.

Embassy Cup Shotgun match (pump-action only)
    • Shot on 2 IPSC diamond targets with slug ammunition
    • Gun is always loaded with at least 4 rounds to start
    • Ready position is gun at waist, parallel to the ground, pointing at the target Each practice is a set time of 20 seconds

Practice 1 (25m)
    • Standing, 2 shots on each
    • Reload with 4 rounds
    • Prone, 2 shots on each

Practice 2 (20m)
    • Reload with 4 rounds
    • Sitting, 2 shots on each

Practice 3 (15m)
    • Reload with 4 rounds
    • Kneeling, 2 shots on each

Lots of people getting the equipment or have it already, the only issue being sb pistol vs CF Pistol To compete.

Maybe full matches should be started in Ireland.
    But make sure you watch the youtube videos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

@ JB88
    The NASRPC as told to me by a member of the committee recently shoot NRA(UK) Embassy cup and not the BDMP match. It is a stand alone discipline as shoot in the UK .
    I have attached a copy of the NRA target shotgun manual for you to read so you can familiarise yourself with the rules.
    http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/bible/2014/TargetShotgunManual.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Well JB88 seeing as though you said you won't be shooting any NASRPC competitions in the future we'll let you know how it goes and what the rules are.

Looking forward to shooting this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Well JB88 seeing as though you said you won't be shooting any NASRPC competitions in the future we'll let you know how it goes and what the rules are.

looking like I'll be winning this on my own :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Are there enuff 30 cal m1 carbines out there to get enough intrest ? What with possible grandfathering or outright banning by national and or EU law.. Or can any "30 cal "shoot this?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

The Embassy cup which is being developed as a side match (initially) at NASRPC events is shotgun only as in the UK. The only divisions is that between pump and semi (for obvious reasons). The course of fire is slightly modified from the above in that there is no prone shooting.

It will be shot in Fermoy next Sunday in the Munster League finals if anyone is interested in taking a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

The Embassy cup which is being developed as a side match (initially) at NASRPC events is shotgun only as in the UK. The only divisions is that between pump and semi (for obvious reasons). The course of fire is slightly modified from the above in that there is no prone shooting.

It will be shot in Fermoy next Sunday in the Munster League finals if anyone is interested in taking a look.

In the last 2 matches I shot in they took both the manual and semi SG on the line in the one comp. I'd say the NASRPC will do this until enough people start shooting the Embassy Cup and can then separate the different classes.

Main difference between here and the UK:
    Time we get 30 seconds UK 20 sec. each detail.
    25m we do Standing, reload in next position then standing off weak shoulder OR off post, UK Standing reload go to next position prone

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Thanks Gleefulprinter, but the Embassy cup is not the reserve of the NASRPC and the NASRPC competition is modified.

I like to keep it real and will be looking forward to doing the full Embassy cup event at some stage next year

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

Guys, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Are there enuff 30 cal m1 carbines out there to get enough intrest ? What with possible grandfathering or outright banning by national and or EU law.. Or can any "30 cal "shoot this?

Young guns up in castledawson have a scatter of m1 carbines converted to straight pull. I was toying with the idea of buying one as they are unrestricted. The problems that chap tricky was having with his straight pulls sort of put me off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

jb88 wrote: »
    Thanks Gleefulprinter, but the Embassy cup is not the reserve of the NASRPC and the NASRPC competition is modified.

I like to keep it real and will be looking forward to doing the full Embassy cup event at some stage next year

What does "keep it real" mean? Assume you will only be doing this in Germany. If so we will miss you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I'd go and go for one anyway Gunny.Tricky's problem is more a local thing caused by I reckon a case of CYA/ignorance after someone ratted him out.When you apply for it you make it perfectly clear to them that this is a weird looking bolt action and nothing else. Get a statement even from the maker,that it is such and it should be no problem at all.
    This place is seriously daft with policies.Was talking to a lad with an Oberland arms .223 at the STAGS shoot..He got it with no problems,delays or court cases year before last.
    Highttime that beuracrats both here and Brussels accept the fact that firearms technology has moved on as well and that banning a certain type of firearm is a pointless exercise.But then again os one of the EU pen pushers like Alane Alexis states that "semi auto fire is more dangerous than full auto fire...As that is what the Paris terrorists used." Well then....

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What does "keep it real" mean? Assume you will only be doing this in Germany. If so we will miss you.

Do you have anything to add to things apart from making digs all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Maybe I'm being thick but aren't you restricted to the type of competition that you can do with a straight pull M1?

For example, the only realistic NASRPC competition that you could do is the 25m precision. You pretty much need a semi-auto for all the other competitions. Or at least you are handicapped if you don't use a semi-auto.

Advertisement