Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone sit in block 140 recently ??

There for Sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Have sold international tickets on there a good few times.

Ah that's fair enough! I was basing it on the 160 odd posts on NZ forum looking for tickets so probably not the most accurate measures!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

Anyone ever sign up for the wales supporters club to get tickets to a game in cardiff?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Leinster season ticket holders have today been email re 6 Nation ticket ballot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Anyone ever sign up for the wales supporters club to get tickets to a game in cardiff?

Yes. Very straight forward. Plenty of tickets available when the time came. Ended up getting 6 tickets in total through the Welsh supporters club. (they had a second round of tickets for members because the allocation wasn't all used up in the initial sale)

That was for 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

kuang1 wrote: »
    Yes. Very straight forward. Plenty of tickets available when the time came. Ended up getting 6 tickets in total through the Welsh supporters club. (they had a second round of tickets for members because the allocation wasn't all used up in the initial sale)

That was for 2017.

Did you sign up with your irish address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Any spares ? Pm please, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Yeah, good luck with that.

Everyone wants tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Did you sign up with your irish address?

Yeah. There was no issue with that.

Seems to be a few ticket completions about, might be worth a try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

I assume other provinces will get this.

Redo91 wrote: »
    I assume other provinces will get this.

Nah, double champions only.

Is anyone else only getting the option for category 1 tickets on the Leinster six nations lottery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

troyzer wrote: »
    Is anyone else only getting the option for category 1 tickets on the Leinster six nations lottery?

Yeah. It seems that you don’t get a choice between the categories mentioned in the email, you just get a ticket in any one of the categories if you’re successful in the lottery. At least that’s what I took from this piece at the end of the email that I got when I applied:

Please note this is a lottery. Tickets are not guaranteed. Successful entrants will receive an email informing them of their success and the category of tickets assigned. Payment will automatically be debited from the card supplied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Beware of toutless sometimes

Got a message off someone selling 2-4 premium tickets for the match Sat but he appears to be a banned user

On the fence about buying 6N home tickets as they appear to be pretty expensive and I have a few stuff on around the same time as the home games I didnt mind paying for the All blacks tickets as it's always a special occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone here need a hotel room for the night for Saturday? Have one booked in the Clayton but can't make it now

Kevski wrote: »
    Yeah. It seems that you don’t get a choice between the categories mentioned in the email, you just get a ticket in any one of the categories if you’re successful in the lottery. At least that’s what I took from this piece at the end of the email that I got when I applied:

Please note this is a lottery. Tickets are not guaranteed. Successful entrants will receive an email informing them of their success and the category of tickets assigned. Payment will automatically be debited from the card supplied.

Yeah but they also said in the email there's no right of refusal.

I'd love to go to the England game but I wouldn't pay €120 for a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Shero1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Beware of toutless sometimes

Got a message off someone selling 2-4 premium tickets for the match Sat but he appears to be a banned user

On the fence about buying 6N home tickets as they appear to be pretty expensive and I have a few stuff on around the same time as the home games I didnt mind paying for the All blacks tickets as it's always a special occasion

I've setup alerts for tickets on Toutless and Adverts.ie for NZ match, and any tickets that have been advertised appeared to be dodgy.

troyzer wrote: »
    Yeah but they also said in the email there's no right of refusal.

I'd love to go to the England game but I wouldn't pay €120 for a ticket.

If you get tickets to either game you wont be stuck with them for long, the lottery will as usual be several times oversubscribed and that's just STHs looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    Anyone here need a hotel room for the night for Saturday? Have one booked in the Clayton but can't make it now

Bump on this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Bought a ticket to NZ match tomorrow this evening on ticketmaster for box office collection - where is the box office and when is it open?

Bought a ticket to NZ match tomorrow this evening on ticketmaster for box office collection - where is the box office and when is it open?

Were there some on sale today? Missed that. Thought they were well gone at this stage!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Were there some on sale today? Missed that. Thought they were well gone at this stage!

Yup the tend to drip feed returns the day before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Wtf

Yup the tend to drip feed returns the day before

Didn't even think returns were a thing tbh! Thought once bought that's that. Made inquiries with IRFU before and was advised it would be very unlikely there'd be any tickets back on sale. Had been checking all along but no luck. Ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There were a few yes but the website wasn't working properly.
    I kept on getting an error trying to checkout 2 seats in Blk 103 ,it kept crashing on the second stage of purchase.
    The app was giving an error too.
    Very frustrating.

There were a few yes but the website wasn't working properly.
    I kept on getting an error trying to checkout 2 seats in Blk 103 ,it kept crashing on the second stage of purchase.
    The app was giving an error too.
    Very frustrating.

You got to just keep trying. Finally got one after about 10 minutes trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

The box office is the TicketMaster van at the corner of Northumberland Rd and Lansdowne Rd. It opens about 3pm IIRC.

Give yourself plenty of time as if they print the ticket there and then, it will take about 15-20 mins before it will work in the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

Experienced a major miracle on Saturday.Had been trying since September to get an all blacks ticket for my mate to go with me as I was sorted. Had absolutely no joy.We went for a pint on Saturday at 3.00 in the afternoon and agreed to meet up later when I got back from the game. Did a last check on ticketmaster andguess what?. one ticket available in block 104 just three rows in front of me. Is that crazy or what?.

On a different note, got my Ireland Scotland ticket this morning on the Scottish supporters presale.

• Advertisement

Experienced a major miracle on Saturday.Had been trying since September to get an all blacks ticket for my mate to go with me as I was sorted. Had absolutely no joy.We went for a pint on Saturday at 3.00 in the afternoon and agreed to meet up later when I got back from the game. Did a last check on ticketmaster andguess what?. one ticket available in block 104 just three rows in front of me. Is that crazy or what?.

On a different note, got my Ireland Scotland ticket this morning on the Scottish supporters presale.

I'd been checking TM all day Friday and Saturday with no joy

lawred2 wrote: »

Same. I'm not even sure how they go back on sale. Thought it's a case of once a ticket is sold it's gone and can't return? Or was this a stray ticket not sold in the first place?

A few came up on Friday evening but I missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Do you need a membership for the presale? Any idea when they go on general sale

You need a membership for the presale. Its easy to sign up. just go on the site. The presale ends tomorrow night ( wed). I'm not sure when they go on general sale. Maybe take a look on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Same. I'm not even sure how they go back on sale. Thought it's a case of once a ticket is sold it's gone and can't return? Or was this a stray ticket not sold in the first place?

They're returns by corporates, comps, the stadium or sponsors usually. They allocate a massive amount of tickets to sponsors and corporates in particular and if any are unsold, they're returned and ticketmaster makes them available.

It's entirely unpredictable as regards time as its when the return is processed. So you just need to be in the right place at the right time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Do you need to be a paid member for presale?..tried this morning but said Not enough priveleges on your account.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Do you need to be a paid member for presale?..tried this morning but said Not enough priveleges on your account.

Yeah I'm the same, any tips welcome as flights and accommodation booked.

Yeah you have to be a paid member. I just had a look there and there’s still a decent amount of tickets available so you should get some in general sale.

One tip I have is to get onto the website about 30-40 mins before they go on sale. I went into the site at 09:40 yesterday and was waiting in a queue until 10:20 so best to be on early to ensure you’re at the top of the queue!

I might have a world cup semi final ticket going and on Monday, I might have a final ticket as well.

Heading to Japan with the girlfriend but she doesn't have much interest in the rugby, I sort of regret paying for two tickets. I'll probably try and shift my spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah you have to be a paid member. I just had a look there and there’s still a decent amount of tickets available so you should get some in general sale.

One tip I have is to get onto the website about 30-40 mins before they go on sale. I went into the site at 09:40 yesterday and was waiting in a queue until 10:20 so best to be on early to ensure you’re at the top of the queue!

Great thanks yeah was on at 9.40 this morning and in queue till 10.20 aswell..we went to Murrayfield in 2015 and ended up having to use getmein or seatwave(cant remember which)..was worth every penny for what happened that day but would be great to pay the going rate this time..cheers!

• Advertisement

Is it usually mid December when tickets go on sale through the IRFU supporters club? Guess off the back of a great year and playing England and France, tickets will be like gold-dust!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Do you know when the general sale is? Want to grab some for a stag trip and want to make sure I dont miss them! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Is it usually mid December when tickets go on sale through the IRFU supporters club? Guess off the back of a great year and playing England and France, tickets will be like gold-dust!
    Even if it had been a poor year tickets would be like gold dust anyway especially for English game.

bigslick wrote: »
    Do you know when the general sale is? Want to grab some for a stag trip and want to make sure I dont miss them! Cheers

They sent an email about an hour ago saying that three-game packs will go on general sale tomorrow and remaining individual tickets will go on general sale in early December.

They sent an email about an hour ago saying that three-game packs will go on general sale tomorrow and remaining individual tickets will go on general sale in early December.

SRFU?

SRFU?

Yeah!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tickets for Saturday showing now

Leinster STH 6N ticket ballot results are out....missed out again :(

pc7 wrote: »
    Tickets for Saturday showing now

That's the 3 packs only? - says individual Ireland tickets go on public sale early Decenber.

That's the 3 packs only? - says individual Ireland tickets go on public sale early Decenber.

Sorry meant for USA game Saturday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement