Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

pc7 wrote: »
    Sorry meant for USA game Saturday

Ah think they're gone again? Im sorted but a friend of mine might be looking

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone thinking about the Scotland game, just got same day flights for €100 - fingers crossed now for match tickets.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone thinking about the Scotland game, just got same day flights for €100 - fingers crossed now for match tickets.

Doing Friday to Sunday, hoping for tickets, we've been able to buy them on general release last few years. Hoping they go on sale soon to get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

probably will - wifey is from over there so we tend to head over for a few days to the in laws - leave the kids with them and head in to Edinburgh

Is that from Dublin with Ryanair?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is that from Dublin with Ryanair?

Yep, first flight in last flight home.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Leinster STH 6N ticket ballot results are out....missed out again :(

There are 10 of us in a group. All missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Anybody have any joy in the RWC ballot? Only managed to get Scotland and Samoa tickets. Games are two weeks apart too. (First and last group game)

Anybody have any joy in the RWC ballot? Only managed to get Scotland and Samoa tickets. Games are two weeks apart too. (First and last group game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

What date with the ballot for IRFU supportes be for the 6 nations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

radio silence to date on that matter

Riskymove wrote: »
    radio silence to date on that matter

Going by last year email was sent on 1st December then ballot open mid December so hopefully hear something by end of week. Guess waiting for dust to settle on November series and now the Schmidt news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Chris871 wrote: »
    Did you apply for all group games? I would have thought it would be easy get tickets compared to the last World Cup with it being so far away.

In 2015 I managed to get 4 tickets for the France game in Cardiff the May before so I figured it would be no bother getting tickets this far out.

yes, applied for all group games. Also applied for QF and SF but no joy. Know a few people that didnt get any at all.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Did you apply for all group games? I would have thought it would be easy get tickets compared to the last World Cup with it being so far away.

In 2015 I managed to get 4 tickets for the France game in Cardiff the May before so I figured it would be no bother getting tickets this far out.

Yeah I would have thought the same but apparently not! Maybe there's a fair few Irish heading from Australia, NZ etc? I got tickets for Canada and France game fairly handy for last WC.

There is another general ticket sale in January too though.

3 of us applied for at 1/2 pool games each and qf and sf each. I got qf and friend got sf so pretty happy compared to people not getting anything.

• Advertisement

I'm looking to get a ticket for my Da and myself for the France game in the 6N in march for Xmas present. I've never been to a rugby international and know zero about the ticketing process. What's the best way to give myself the best chance of securing a ticket? Via joining the supporter's club?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Take a punt on supporters club, but it’s the hardest year for tickets, also rugby so popular at the minute too.
    You could look at a corporate package day out but will be more expensive

Yeah I would have thought the same but apparently not! Maybe there's a fair few Irish heading from Australia, NZ etc? I got tickets for Canada and France game fairly handy for last WC.

3 of us applied for at 1/2 pool games each and qf and sf each. I got qf and friend got sf so pretty happy compared to people not getting anything.
    Jesus worrying to hear demand is so high. My plan is to go to the last pool game and the two quarter finals to guarantee seeing Ireland play in one of them. Money is tight at the minute so it will be close to the summer before I can go looking at tickets. Hopefully flights aren’t any more extortionate than they already are by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Jesus worrying to hear demand is so high. My plan is to go to the last pool game and the two quarter finals to guarantee seeing Ireland play in one of them. Money is tight at the minute so it will be close to the summer before I can go looking at tickets. Hopefully flights aren’t any more extortionate than they already are by then.

Mate, hate to burst your bubble but you're delusional if you think you can throw this together on the cheap in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You do know that that is not going to work right?

• Advertisement

Sorry to say but don't even know if there are tickets left that late and if there are I think changes of getting any Ireland tickets slim..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Lads, stall all yer beans. There'll be loads of chances to get tickets. I got 4 Cat D tickets for the world Cup final in 2015 on the Tuesday evening before the game.
    My friend bought a ticket for our French game in Cardiff on the ferry over to Fishguard the day before the game.

There'll be plenty chances.

Edit: sorry should have highlighted that these were bought on the official website at these times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Agreed with above, cool yer jets, we got plenty of tickets right up to the week before in Wales and London for the last wc

kuang1 wrote: »
    Lads, stall all yer beans. There'll be loads of chances to get tickets. I got 4 Cat D tickets for the world Cup final in 2015 on the Tuesday evening before the game.
    My friend bought a ticket for our French game in Cardiff on the ferry over to Fishguard the day before the game.

There'll be plenty chances.

Edit: sorry should have highlighted that these were bought on the official website at these times.

Yeah but trouble there is you're not gonna grab a Ryanair flight or ferry to Japan on the cheap last minute!

Sorry I should clarify I wasn’t expecting to do the trip on the cheap or anything. Doing a course at the minute which doesn’t finish until March and so I won’t really have the money to spend until I go back working in the office.

Also despite what people are saying on here about tickets I’d still be confident of getting them in one of the drops closer to the time. Don’t care what anyone says but demand will obviously have been higher in 2015 due to the closer proximity of the World Cup hosts even taking into account the bigger hype around Irish rugby these days.

I’m guessing they only release a limited number of tickets in the early ballots which might explain how people have missed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I'm looking to get a ticket for my Da and myself for the France game in the 6N in march for Xmas present. I've never been to a rugby international and know zero about the ticketing process. What's the best way to give myself the best chance of securing a ticket? Via joining the supporter's club?

The best way is through the likes of Viagogo. Expensive, but unless you already know you have access to some through a club, unlikely to be any other way.
    The supporters club is possible, but unlikely. Worth the pop for 50 though. Pay up for a few friends to have a go for you as well, and you increase the slim chances somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Yeah but trouble there is you're not gonna grab a Ryanair flight or ferry to Japan on the cheap last minute!

The first ticket I got for that French game was a CAT A priced £250, and I bought that this time 4 years ago. Couple of months later secured a CAT B ticket and put the CAT A one back up for sale on the official website and got a refund for that once someone else bought it.
    Then a few weeks later pounced on a pair of CAT D tickets (£50 each) and successfully resold the CAT B on the website.

I ended up securing 12 CAT D tickets for that French game by the time it came around. (and still had about 8 pals left disappointed...mind you they were the ones who couldn't be arsed checking the website themselves every once in a while)
    Now admittedly I was almost living on the website and got to know how they did things to a decent extent.

I was giving you the examples in my earlier post to highlight how the availability of tickets for the WC via the only official means; their own website, does not become exhausted until verrrrry close to the actual matches.

I remember feeling jubilant when I bought that CAT A ticket for £250. "Yessss... I'm going! I've got my ticket... I'm soooo lucky!"
    In a similar vein to how some posters here feel gutted and disappointed that their name didn't come out of the hat today.
    It's an obvious ploy to choke the supply in the early stages to such an extent as to make the demand seem even bigger than it is. And hey, it works!
    But honestly there's no need for any despair imo.

If I was anyone out there hoping to go to Japan, I would be focused entirely on travel and accommodation now. Or before now.
    This is the time to secure those for a reasonable cost.
    Commit to those, the tickets will fall into place for you with even a small ounce of diligence over the next 6-9 months.

kuang1 wrote: »
    The first ticket I got for that French game was a CAT A priced £250, and I bought that this time 4 years ago. Couple of months later secured a CAT B ticket and put the CAT A one back up for sale on the official website and got a refund for that once someone else bought it.
    Then a few weeks later pounced on a pair of CAT D tickets (£50 each) and successfully resold the CAT B on the website.

I ended up securing 12 CAT D tickets for that French game by the time it came around. (and still had about 8 pals left disappointed...mind you they were the ones who couldn't be arsed checking the website themselves every once in a while)
    Now admittedly I was almost living on the website and got to know how they did things to a decent extent.

I was giving you the examples in my earlier post to highlight how the availability of tickets for the WC via the only official means; their own website, does not become exhausted until verrrrry close to the actual matches.

I remember feeling jubilant when I bought that CAT A ticket for £250. "Yessss... I'm going! I've got my ticket... I'm soooo lucky!"
    In a similar vein to how some posters here feel gutted and disappointed that their name didn't come out of the hat today.
    It's an obvious ploy to choke the supply in the early stages to such an extent as to make the demand seem even bigger than it is. And hey, it works!
    But honestly there's no need for any despair imo.

If I was anyone out there hoping to go to Japan, I would be focused entirely on travel and accommodation now. Or before now.
    This is the time to secure those for a reasonable cost.
    Commit to those, the tickets will fall into place for you with even a small ounce of diligence over the next 6-9 months.

Ah yeah, that all makes sense. If someone is committed to going and has flights, accommodation booked then chances are they will source a ticket somewhere in advance. Just thought you meant it's something you could arrange last minute but unfortunately with the distance and cost isn't really an option.

I do think they are managing the demand to a certain extent.

Capacities of stadium Ireland are playing in are. Hard to believe all these have sold most of their tickets especially when anecdotally I've heard a lot of people haven't been successful. Not sure why they would be holding any back at this stage though so not sure what way system works..

v Scotland, c 72k

v Japan, 50k

v Russia, c. 30k

v Samoa, c. 22k

Possible QF 49k

Possible SF: 72k

The best way is through the likes of Viagogo. Expensive, but unless you already know you have access to some through a club, unlikely to be any other way.
    The supporters club is possible, but unlikely. Worth the pop for 50 though. Pay up for a few friends to have a go for you as well, and you increase the slim chances somewhat.

Thanks for that, but ~€400 a pop is a bit much. Sure you'd get a weekend in France for that money, and watch it on the telly. :pac:

I'd be curious how many people are in supporters club and how many tickets there are available. Not sure I'd be paying more 50e on top of 1 just to get the chance of tickets though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd be curious how many people are in supporters club and how many tickets there are available. Not sure I'd be paying more 50e on top of 1 just to get the chance of tickets though!

From my experience here and with friends I know in the club, you get a decent shot at November series tickets and 6N tickets for Scotland/Wales/Italy but 6N tickets for the England/France games are very slim and most people don't get them. I've gotten lucky once or twice as have a handful of others but the common result for the 'better' 6N years is not getting tickets.

If I needed to resub, I wouldn't bother just for 6N this year, I'd time it for the following years 6N and November series for best value/chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paddle Time

Anyone know when 6 Nations tickets will go on sale through the Ireland Supporters Club? If they make it that far?

Anyone know when 6 Nations tickets will go on sale through the Ireland Supporters Club? If they make it that far?

Think it's usually mid December

latest from site
    Six Nations 2019

Details on the availability of tickets for the Six Nations 2019 will be sent to members in December. Please note that demand will be extremely high.

latest from site

Must have only updated sometime today. Checked earlier and just said coming soon. Demand will be high is some understatement..!

Demand will be high is some understatement..!

yes its true and especially in current form

having said that only once in last 12 years or so have I failed tog et a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

yes its true and especially in current form

having said that only once in last 12 years or so have I failed tog et a ticket

Supporters club is my go to for tickets. I've been pretty lucky with it in recent times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Heard these figures recently,

Aviva Stadium holds 52,000

Aprox 20,000 tickets gone with IRFU/Sponsors/Boxes/Ten years

leaving 32,000 and as most people buy in pairs you really only have 16,000 sets being distributed.

....we're going to need a bigger boat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Ronney wrote: »
    Heard these figures recently,

Aviva Stadium holds 52,000

Aprox 20,000 tickets gone with IRFU/Sponsors/Boxes/Ten years

leaving 32,000 and as most people buy in pairs you really only have 16,000 sets being distributed.

....we're going to need a bigger boat..

The Aviva holds 51,700 patrons max (that includes people in media boxes that also need tickets).

The boxes on level 4 + IRFU/Media may account for about 8000 max (its less I think)

Schools tickets maybe another 1000.

The rest (circa 42,000) are for clubs, general sale etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

prinzeugen wrote: »
    The Aviva holds 51,700 patrons max (that includes people in media boxes that also need tickets).

The boxes on level 4 + IRFU/Media may account for about 8000 max (its less I think)

Schools tickets maybe another 1000.

The rest (circa 42,000) are for clubs, general sale etc.
    all in stadium including catering/bar workers need ticket of some kind.
    between the boxes and premium seats its just under 11000. Upper and lower tiers are 19500 each.
    schools tickets arent a factor really. as its not like old stadium with schoolboy section in terrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

between the boxes and premium seats its just under 11000. Upper and lower tiers are 19500 each.
    schools tickets arent a factor really. as its not like old stadium with schoolboy section in terrace

Why would catering need tickets :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Synode wrote: »
    Why would catering need tickets :pac:
    meant ticket/passes. but numbers were off a bit is all i meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Staff dont need a ticket. (ID card for stewards) and are not included in the 51,700 number. The total max licenced number is 53,000 and somthing. (51,700 seats+ staff) School tickets are still issued but are usually for the north stand are counted in the total.

Can't seem to log in to supporters club account. Presume there's been no update on when 6N tickets will be on sale?

Can't seem to log in to supporters club account. Presume there's been no update on when 6N tickets will be on sale?

Havnt seen any email and logged on over the weekend and theres nothing there yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

Do I still have time to join the supporters club to be in with a chance to get 6N 2019 tickets? Or is it too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

They usually close membership - so if the option is there to join then yes and if not then you are too late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

They usually close membership - so if the option is there to join then yes and if not then you are too late!

Yeah just checked and its closed. Ah well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Tickets are on sale for the warm up game in Twickenham in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Caranica wrote: »
    Tickets are on sale for the warm up game in Twickenham in August.

I don't see these tickets on the supporters club / ticketmaster?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement