Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

well, must be part of the english supporters club : eticketing.co.uk/rfu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

sternn wrote: »
    I don't see these tickets on the supporters club / ticketmaster?
    through RFU website you can get link to ticketmaster. wont really be supporters club tickets for these games.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Supporters Club will be giving opportunity to buy tickets if chosen in ballot, not open to ticket master free for all. Damn it! Know its gotten popular, I've been lucky every year and gotten tickets through it. Feel a bit robbed if I don't even get the chance to have ticket master piss me off!

Irish Rugby Supporters Club – Six Nations Ticket Ballot

Dear Member,

Every year we try to provide a fair method for you to access tickets for purchase, to Ireland’s home games.

This year, with demand at unprecedented levels and membership on the increase, we have decided that the fairest way is to run a ticket ballot – meaning every member will have an equal chance of being randomly chosen.

Successful members have the opportunity to buy tickets for their allocated fixture only. These tickets must be purchased as outlined below.

All memberships active as of October 1st 2018 will be eligible for, and entered into the draw for Ireland’s home games against England and France.
    Ireland v England, Saturday 2nd February 2019 at 16.45
    Ireland v France, Sunday 10th March 2019 at 15.00

The Ballot
    Successful members will be drawn completely at random with members drawn for the England game first and then the France game. If you are drawn for the first match you will not be entered into the draw for the second game.

The tickets will be available to purchase from Tuesday, December 11th at 10.am. to Wednesday December 12th at 10 a.m. for members who are drawn by the random ballot. Successful Members who do not purchase tickets within the allotted time will lose the opportunity to purchase.

Members drawn from the ballot will be advised of which match they have been drawn for in the afternoon of December 10th and will be provided with a password and link to purchase two tickets

Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully as there will be no recourse to change once the draw is made.

Terms & Conditions
    • Winning members will not be permitted to exchange fixture.

• A range of ticket categories, including single tickets will be available in the sale on a first come, first served basis, if you are successful in the ballot. We cannot guarantee that your seats will be together or that you will get a choice of category.

• There will be no exchange of price category. Tickets will be allocated randomly and there will be no exchange of ticket from price category won to that preferred.

• There will be no exchange of seats. Please note that seats may not be located together.

• Draw only applies to Irish Rugby Supporters Club members active as of October 1st 2018.

• There will only be one entry per membership.

• Sanctions will apply to anyone attempting to resell their ticket at a higher price either personally or by means of an internet sale.

• The IRFU’s decision in respect of any matter concerning this lottery shall be final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.

• The IRFU reserves the right to suspend or terminate the lottery or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason.

In Summary

• Unprecedented levels of demand.

• Limited availability of tickets.

• Ballot is the fairest way to allocate the chance to buy.

• Random number selection will be used to select the members who will get the opportunity to buy.
    • England drawn first, then France – member can only be drawn for one game.

• Link & Password will be sent late on Monday afternoon.

• Sale starts at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and lasts for 24 hours – if you do not buy in the time you lose your chance.

• There are a variety of categories including restricted view and singles – members are not guaranteed seats together.

• First come first served for those members who are drawn in the ballot for each game.

• All memberships active as of October 1st will be included in the draw. This means that if you membership was due for renewal in the last two months you are still included in the draw.

• The Club is closed to new members but still open for renewals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

while I think a ballot is fair, the single ticket thing will be an issue for many but c'est la vie I guess

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Riskymove wrote: »
    while I think a ballot is fair, the single ticket thing will be an issue for many but c'est la vie I guess

Yeah, they are never going to win with the popularity of it now, they could sell it out 4 times easily I reckon. It was good while it lasted, always got sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah, they are never going to win with the popularity of it now, they could sell it out 4 times easily I reckon. It was good while it lasted, always got sorted.

yes, the mystery of how many tickets and how many members continue so we don't really know chances but sure we'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

I agree ballot is fair (although personally disappointed, I was always quite successful in the various ticket rushes!)

I would have thought the ballot would require some sort of opt in (as opposed to a default everyone in ballot), if only to thin the numbers a little...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

A ballot ,what a con.
    The IRFU need to distribute the tickets better ,there are thousands being siphoned off for sale on the resale sites .

For all we know there are 20 tickets available per game, it really is pot luck. Anyone know how many are in the SC? if my id is an indicator we are screwed lol. Didn't think it looked good when someone posted saying 10 of them out of Leinster SC didn't get a sniff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Am I reading it correctly... so if you joined after October 1st you are not in the draw? Think that's a little unfair on people who joined before it closed membership but still not in the draw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Now we need a 'secret' supporters club.. :/ SINGLE TICKETS. What is the point, not being able to bring a mate or a family member. Bull****! It should just be the same on a fcfs basis on the day they go on sale, with said code given to each supporters club member. And in TWO's. Not Singles. Load of donkey poop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ah that's awful.

Fair enough, bring it in next year when people can decide if their membership is worth it but I didn't pay €50 to be in ballots.

Completely screwing over long term members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I’d be pretty unhappy if I had purchased a membership since the 1st October, only to be told that I wasn’t eligible for the draw.

I'll happily take a single at this rate, can meet up after it.

This is always the tough year to get tickets for the home games, they can't build an extension or hold it Croker, they've only so many seats. Supporters Club is always last for tickets, ticketmaster would likely have melted if they let everyone in. Its not ideal but I don't see another way. I'm in it years and am thankful I've gotten to so many games because of it, looks like those days are over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thinking of going to the Summer warm up games in Twickenham in August next year. No details on tickets as of yet

Would it be best to join the supporters club as not affiliated with any local club

Thinking of going to the Summer warm up games in Twickenham in August next year. No details on tickets as of yet

There are currently on sale on the english site

My membership this year was €50 paid on Sept 7th. But on the Supporters Club website it says my membership expires:

Membership expires: 01/10/2019

Does that mean my membership started on OCT 1st? Or is that January 10th of next year?

Confusing times!

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Supporters Club will be giving opportunity to buy tickets if chosen in ballot, not open to ticket master free for all. Damn it! Know its gotten popular, I've been lucky every year and gotten tickets through it. Feel a bit robbed if I don't even get the chance to have ticket master piss me off!

Irish Rugby Supporters Club – Six Nations Ticket Ballot

Dear Member,

Every year we try to provide a fair method for you to access tickets for purchase, to Ireland’s home games.

This year, with demand at unprecedented levels and membership on the increase, we have decided that the fairest way is to run a ticket ballot – meaning every member will have an equal chance of being randomly chosen.

Successful members have the opportunity to buy tickets for their allocated fixture only. These tickets must be purchased as outlined below.

All memberships active as of October 1st 2018 will be eligible for, and entered into the draw for Ireland’s home games against England and France.
    Ireland v England, Saturday 2nd February 2019 at 16.45
    Ireland v France, Sunday 10th March 2019 at 15.00

The Ballot
    Successful members will be drawn completely at random with members drawn for the England game first and then the France game. If you are drawn for the first match you will not be entered into the draw for the second game.

The tickets will be available to purchase from Tuesday, December 11th at 10.am. to Wednesday December 12th at 10 a.m. for members who are drawn by the random ballot. Successful Members who do not purchase tickets within the allotted time will lose the opportunity to purchase.

Members drawn from the ballot will be advised of which match they have been drawn for in the afternoon of December 10th and will be provided with a password and link to purchase two tickets

Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully as there will be no recourse to change once the draw is made.

Terms & Conditions
    • Winning members will not be permitted to exchange fixture.

• A range of ticket categories, including single tickets will be available in the sale on a first come, first served basis, if you are successful in the ballot. We cannot guarantee that your seats will be together or that you will get a choice of category.

• There will be no exchange of price category. Tickets will be allocated randomly and there will be no exchange of ticket from price category won to that preferred.

• There will be no exchange of seats. Please note that seats may not be located together.

• Draw only applies to Irish Rugby Supporters Club members active as of October 1st 2018.

• There will only be one entry per membership.

• Sanctions will apply to anyone attempting to resell their ticket at a higher price either personally or by means of an internet sale.

• The IRFU’s decision in respect of any matter concerning this lottery shall be final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.

• The IRFU reserves the right to suspend or terminate the lottery or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason.

In Summary

• Unprecedented levels of demand.

• Limited availability of tickets.

• Ballot is the fairest way to allocate the chance to buy.

• Random number selection will be used to select the members who will get the opportunity to buy.
    • England drawn first, then France – member can only be drawn for one game.

• Link & Password will be sent late on Monday afternoon.

• Sale starts at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and lasts for 24 hours – if you do not buy in the time you lose your chance.

• There are a variety of categories including restricted view and singles – members are not guaranteed seats together.

• First come first served for those members who are drawn in the ballot for each game.

• All memberships active as of October 1st will be included in the draw. This means that if you membership was due for renewal in the last two months you are still included in the draw.

• The Club is closed to new members but still open for renewals.
    Riskymove wrote: »

?
    JustShay wrote: »
    Now we need a 'secret' supporters club.. :/SINGLE TICKETS. What is the point, not being able to bring a mate or a family member. Bull****! It should just be the same on a fcfs basis on the day they go on sale, with said code given to each supporters club member. And in TWO's. Not Singles. Load of donkey poop!

Again, ?

• Advertisement

Is that a glitch as it says they arent available on general sale yet.
    Tickets are not available on general sale for this event.

Debenture Holders can access their Reserved Seats until midday on Monday 3 December, as well as additional tickets below.

RFU Affiliated Clubs and their members can access tickets from midday on Tuesday 4 December.

They have tickets for £25 which seems very reasonable ,you'd think it would be a popular event,there will always be a bit of needle between Ireland and England friendly or not.

My membership this year was €50 paid on Sept 7th. But on the Supporters Club website it says my membership expires:

Membership expires: 01/10/2019

Does that mean my membership started on OCT 1st? Or is that January 10th of next year?

Confusing times!

:cool:

Its rounded up to the end of the month you join so your membership ends Oct 1st 2019.

Its rounded up to the end of the month you join so your membership ends Oct 1st 2019.

Relief. I have a chance so :) Come on IRELAND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone else not get an e-mail? Almost certain I had renewed..

Just called IRFU regarding only members active as of 1st of October being eligible for the ballot.

I was told that this was an error in the email and that members who have signed up between 1st October and 4th December are also eligible for the draw, and that a second email should be will out to clarify this.

Second email just arrived clarifying date. If you took out membership up til December 5th, it's included.

They really should have some system based on length with the supporters club to give priority to purchase tickets. Have never had too many issues with tickets and now it's down to a random name picker in a computer, ugh.

Pretty annoyed about this change.

• Advertisement

Second email just arrived clarifying date. If you took out membership up til December 5th, it's included.

They really should have some system based on length with the supporters club to give priority to purchase tickets. Have never had too many issues with tickets and now it's down to a random name picker in a computer, ugh.

Pretty annoyed about this change.

Yep, quite annoyed about this too.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone else not get an e-mail? Almost certain I had renewed..

Now that I think of it I got send out a pack so I must be . Didn't get an email though and account not letting me log in.. :confused: Anyone else in the same boat?

Now that I think of it I got send out a pack so I must be . Didn't get an email though and account not letting me log in.. :confused: Anyone else in the same boat?

Their support is shocking. Took them a couple weeks to reply to the same issue. So make sure your username is correct, it is case sensitive. They got back to me with my username and gave me a new password. Email info@irishrugby.ie for any concerns.

Also don't login with email address, its your username.

p.s. I got a welcome back the first time I joined but not the second time. Is this normal, to just get one welcome package? I've renewed twice now but only got one package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Their support is shocking. Took them a couple weeks to reply to the same issue. So make sure your username is correct, it is case sensitive. They got back to me with my username and gave me a new password. Email info@irishrugby.ie for any concerns.

p.s. I got a welcome back the first time I joined but not the second time. Is this normal, to just get one welcome package? I've renewed twice now but only got one package.

Been in the club about 8 or 9 years at this stage, think i've gotten 4 gifts. Seems a bit random whether you get or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Any word on tickets for Scotland V Ireland in Edinburgh next year?

I've never been a club member or sourced tickets to rugby matches, but going over with a few lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Kevski wrote: »
    Yep, quite annoyed about this too.

Yea, as someone who was always reasonably successful in the press refresh constantly at 9.59 this is quite disappointing.

I guess the allocation is very small so doesn't even warrant a sale. Would be good if you got one entry per year of membership in the ballot too to reward loyalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Just received the second email. Was about to email them looking for a refund as I had joined last month on the basis that I’d have a shot at Six Nations tickets. Still annoyed about the Ballot as I can’t make the France game and we have no control over what tickets we try to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Redo91 wrote: »
    Just received the second email. Was about to email them looking for a refund as I had joined last month on the basis that I’d have a shot at Six Nations tickets. Still annoyed about the Ballot as I can’t make the France game and we have no control over what tickets we try to get.

They Ballot the English game first then the French. Ballot only gives you chance to buy to so if your drawn for France no obligation to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Ronney wrote: »
    Redo91 wrote: »

They Ballot the English game first then the French. Ballot only gives you chance to buy to so if your drawn for France no obligation to buy

Ah that’s perfect! Still a long shot but good to know all the same.

Is that a glitch as it says they arent available on general sale yet.
    t.

can you see tickets here https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rfu/EDP/Event/Index/2568

Maybe its cause I signed up trying to get tickets for last 6n with them?

Can people post here Monday if they get a ballot, will be interesting to see how many do.

Ah thanks for that, that's exactly what I was doing.. d'oh! All sorted now thanks!

I got 1 the first time and I'm joined a few years and got one this time around so don't think it's every year.

Still didn't get the email, mind you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've completely forgotten my username but also didn't get the emails sent today.

I've completely forgotten my username but also didn't get the emails sent today.

On off chance you kept it, it should be on email you received confirming subscription

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

On off chance you kept it, it should be on email you received confirming subscription

This worked. Cheers. No ballot email even in spam so here's hoping that's not an indicator of things to come.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Got tickets for the England v Ireland friendly, same day flights to London for 24/8/19 were just €55

That’s pretty decent, might look into doing the same.

Can people post here Monday if they get a ballot, will be interesting to see how many do.

I've a feeling the ballot will be like the Father Ted raffle ,i.e tickets for the boys

B_ha76FWwAAqlqX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

cheers thanks for that now to find the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Just got this email from the Scottish RFU
    ...the three-match Guinness Six Nations Package, which went on sale last month, has also sold out. This means there are currently no tickets available for the game against Ireland (Saturday 9 February, kick-off 2,15pm). It is possible there will be tickets returned to Scottish Rugby from un-allocated prior rights stakeholders. If so, these will be made available for purchase in early/mid January.

I've purchased flights already, so hoping that tickets become available from returns in January!

sternn wrote: »
    Just got this email from the Scottish RFU

I've purchased flights already, so hoping that tickets become available from returns in January!

Yeah, same boat here, first year that's happened, we go over every two years to that one and have always bought online direct. Madness! Know its a world cup year but the boom seems to be back!
    Think we'll go back to using travel packages, at least you are guaranteed a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Suppose the new system from the IRFU supporters club is fair enough and look of the draw. Personally didn't mind the old system but times have to move on

Been part of the club for 10 years and have only missed out on one occasion in a ticket sale

Won't be attending any 6N games next season due to other things

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Suppose the new system from the IRFU supporters club is fair enough and look of the draw. Personally didn't mind the old system but times have to move on

Been part of the club for 10 years and have only missed out on one occasion in a ticket sale

I don't think it's fair at all. It's far worse.

It's still luck of the draw as to whether you get tickets when they're available but now you need to be picked out of a hat to even have the chance to try to get lucky getting tickets.

Successful ballot doesn't mean tickets so it's just locking people out of even trying. Total horsesh*t.

PTH2009 wrote: »

You only missed out once so the old system served you well.
    I always got tickets for matches and they were usually decent tickets
    I don't think it's fair at all. It's far worse.

Its rubbish and its completely open to abuse.
    The IRFU should be looking at the amount of tickets they give to corporate and travel agencies ,there is a massive hole in their distribution system feeding resale sites like Viagogo.
    10 and 12 seats in a row in sections ,farcical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Its rubbish and its completely open to abuse.
    The IRFU should be looking at the amount of tickets they give to corporate and travel agencies ,there is a massive hole in their distribution system feeding resale sites like Viagogo.
    10 and 12 seats in a row in sections ,farcical.
    Is there that many given to agencies? Those sites dont really need/want to have tickets sold through on viagogo as they can lose out if consistently there tickets are up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement