Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

PTH2009 wrote: »
    possibly the ABs tickets will be gone by 10.02 in the morning

Ill be delighted if i get them but the price is ridiclous and you could have a night out/dinner and watch the game in the pub for the price of a ticket. Still has the potential to be a great great game

If they last till 10:02 I'll be delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Let us know what's left for the general sale when you guys are done.

Raging I didn't get the IRFU supporters club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

Done, got the standard tickets, double pack for NZ and USA. Not the best tickets I've ever got (in fact probably the worst), in the SE corner, upper deck. Didnt want to risk looking again though, got screwed by greed like that in 6 nations pre sale

Not pushed though, happy to just have tickets sorted quickly and easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Three game tickets in in the bag and on the half way line at Block 104, lovely!

That was strangely stress free for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

105 for 3 games. Delighted. Hope ye all get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

105 for 3 games too. Handy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Got them after a bit of worry - was knocked out a few times but got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 2 All blacks tickets

few wobbles such as not having address/code in for my card. I had a AB/USA package on my phone but got through for the single AB tickets on my PC

Got Block 140 in the small stand but happy to get tickets and i was never in that part before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

crisco10 wrote: »
    Done, got the standard tickets, double pack for NZ and USA. Not the best tickets I've ever got (in fact probably the worst), in the SE corner, upper deck. Didnt want to risk looking again though, got screwed by greed like that in 6 nations pre sale

Not pushed though, happy to just have tickets sorted quickly and easily.

Yeah section 141 for me. 2 tickets USA and NZ.
    €281.92 for 2 tickets :eek:

I had 2 laptops and my phone at the ready and there was over a minute delay after 10.00am before I even got in to register my code (on my phone as it turned out) so just took whatever came up...got burned in the past by greed.
    Don't give a sh!te where I am so long as i'm in there tbh.

Can relax now.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

If anyone has a code they aren’t using I would be forever greatful xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

had tickets in my basket didnt like them so went back and now cant buy any as it says i've reached my limit!!! ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is everything gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ispeakdatruth

I just this minute managed to get 2 tickets for the 3 game pack.

Already had bought the family tickets to the USA game, but I was desperate to get to the NZ game any way I could !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Sounds like they looked after the supporters club a bit better than recent times. Good to see.

274 tickets for the NZ game already on Viagogo starting at 230 and going up to 800.

Utter disgrace as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

kuang1 wrote: »
    Sounds like they looked after the supporters club a bit better than recent times. Good to see.

Yeah there were 3 game seats available until about 11.30 ,looked like about 60 on the seatmap when I had a look at 11.15.
    274 tickets for the NZ game already on Viagogo starting at 230 and going up to 800.

Utter disgrace as usual.

Most of those tickets probably dont even exist though.
    For the Six Nations matches you could buy tickets in blocks of 2,4,6,8 even 10 seats so there is obviously a huge ticket leak somewhere in the IRFU's distribution system and they need to address it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

Utter disgrace as usual.

I used Viagogo for the six nations Scotland game.
    Can not tell you how toxic and unnecessarily stressful they were to deal with.

I got the (overpriced) tickets for my parents and their Scotish friends for a Christmas gift....in November...I got the tickets the day before the match after weeks and weeks of emails, automated responses, and calls. Even tho we got the tickets in the end, it really took the joy out of it.

Avoid Viagogo at all costs is my advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Happy enough I managed to get the 3 game package although I spent more than I would have intended.

Are the package tickets a card or individual tickets?

• Advertisement

collie0708 wrote: »
    Happy enough I managed to get the 3 game package although I spent more than I would have intended.

Are the package tickets a card or individual tickets?

Individual tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Scottish rugby union have a season ticket card where you can buy all the Autumn
    internationals and 6 nations games in one pack.

With demand so high IRFU will never offer this but I can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

collie0708 wrote: »
    Scottish rugby union have a season ticket card where you can buy all the Autumn
    internationals and 6 nations games in one pack.

With demand so high IRFU will never offer this but I can dream.
    IRFU never would or should. They have 10 year tickets but otherwise would be mad to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

IRFU never would or should. They have 10 year tickets but otherwise would be mad to do so.

Why shouldn't they? If it's because demand is so high, just charge accordingly.

If they were tied or only available to existing provincial season ticket holders of a certain length of holding, I would totally agree.

Something should be done though to at least syphon more tickets to fans rather than resale sites and corporate ticket outfits.

If they were tied or only available to existing provincial season ticket holders of a certain length of holding, I would totally agree.

Something should be done though to at least syphon more tickets to fans rather than resale sites and corporate ticket outfits.

Yeah, being a Leinster season ticket holder seems to be worth bugger all when it comes to ticket allocation.

It should be 10 year members>clubs>provincial season ticket holders>IRFU supporters club (this is a con, it's just a tax on fans and probably should be abolished) and then if there's anything left put it on general sale.

Why should they? Season tickets arent going to be in place when you have so many groups who get allocations especially for the high demand 6 Nations games. And when you say charge accordingly what is acceptable for you?

Tying tickets to provincial season tickets is fine but huge numbers of irish tickets go to rugby supporters/club members who dont go to provincial games on a very regular basis so how do you address that?
    troyzer wrote: »
    Yeah, being a Leinster season ticket holder seems to be worth bugger all when it comes to ticket allocation.

It should be 10 year members>clubs>provincial season ticket holders>IRFU supporters club (this is a con, it's just a tax on fans and probably should be abolished) and then if there's anything left put it on general sale.
    It shouldnt be season ticket holders but supporters club members. And your divide for clubs must/should take into account referees(other provincial associations)/schools etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Redo91

Out of curiousity did any Supporters club members miss out on NZ tickets? I was tempted to join to increase my chances but people had said on here that it was far from a guarantee of tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Redo91 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity did any Supporters club members miss out on NZ tickets? I was tempted to join to increase my chances but people had said on here that it was far from a guarantee of tickets.

I'm in a What'sapp group with about ten SC members. Success rate was 50/50 on NZ tickets

• Advertisement

I missed out but I had to do stuff in work so wasn't trying til 10.20ish. Then I was faffing about with packages. If I'd have been more prepared I'd have got something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I had time to make slight changes on the page (hit adult/child option by mistake) and got through straight away on the AB/Us package on my phone (used as a back up)

It's going to be same again next Nov/Dec when the 2019 home 6Ns tickets go on sale. England on Sat 2nd Feb 2019 and France on sun 10th March 2019. Tickets will go like a flash

We may play/both again in Dublin next summer before the world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

FYI the Vodafone link is still live (Goldigga posted it on another thread) and there are still Argentina tickets available on it. Got two today.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/vodafonerugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Irish Rugby confirmed on twitter that all NZ tickets are sold out on pre sale and distribution. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

FYI the Vodafone link is still live (Goldigga posted it on another thread) and there are still Argentina tickets available on it. Got two today.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/vodafonerugby
    I know it's too late for this time, but is there a password on the vodafone presale usually? I'm a vodafone customer and all, just didnt know about it.

Got my Argentina and USA tickets. There seems to be plenty left but only in the corners unless you're paying Tier 1 or Premium money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Redo91

Am I right in saying there are no double packages available?

Am I right in saying there are no double packages available?

Yeah. Just individual tickets, all of the bundles had New Zealand as part of it.

Got my Argentina and USA tickets. There seems to be plenty left but only in the corners unless you're paying Tier 1 or Premium money.
    Ticketmaster are up to their usual tricks ,trying to flog the worst seats first .
    There isnt a hope in hell that the Argentina match is almost sold out , it took months to get anywhere near a sellout last year.

Ticketmaster are up to their usual tricks ,trying to flog the worst seats first .
    There isnt a hope in hell that the Argentina match is almost sold out , it took months to get anywhere near a sellout last year.

I think you might be right. Why can't you just be given a seat map of what's available and pick them like you would when booking tickets for the cinema? My own cinema stops you from leaving one seat gaps etc. so all of the obvious problems could be prevented.

I think you might be right. Why can't you just be given a seat map of what's available and pick them like you would when booking tickets for the cinema? My own cinema stops you from leaving one seat gaps etc. so all of the obvious problems could be prevented.

The seat map is up now ,it kicks in 1 hour into the sale when the demand is less .
    Perhaps alot of the Argentina tickets were sold off in bundles to the clubs .

• Advertisement

The seat map is up now ,it kicks in 1 hour into the sale when the demand is less .
    Perhaps alot of the Argentina tickets were sold off in bundles to the clubs .

Well unless they're still holding back the best seats, looks like I genuinely got the best available going off that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Why should they? Season tickets arent going to be in place when you have so many groups who get allocations especially for the high demand 6 Nations games. And when you say charge accordingly what is acceptable for you?

I just hate scrambling for tickets for every event. If you're not a member of a rugby club, it's quite difficult getting tickets. A season ticket would be extremely handy. Linked to Provincial Membership of X years could boost revenue of the Clubs too.

I'd also think a season ticket might put scalpers off a little as you will always get a few tickets that won't necessarily sell out eg USA, Argentina, Italy (maybe), Gerogia etc. Scalpers getting season tickets would likely have to sell those small games for a loss and that would cut into their profits and give them extra work for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I just hate scrambling for tickets for every event. If you're not a member of a rugby club, it's quite difficult getting tickets. A season ticket would be extremely handy. Linked to Provincial Membership of X years could boost revenue of the Clubs too.

I'd also think a season ticket might put scalpers off a little as you will always get a few tickets that won't necessarily sell out eg USA, Argentina, Italy (maybe), Gerogia etc. Scalpers getting season tickets would likely have to sell those small games for a loss and that would cut into their profits and give them extra work for less.

Sign up to your local club...problem solved...no need to play just pay subs.

I dont see why a season ticket should be introduced. If you're not part of a club/actively involved then tough.
    May appear harsh but always plenty of ways to get tickets anyway. Dont think ive ever not got into a game on match day even when turning up without a ticket
    The season ticket wouldnt put scalpers off any more than now. And how many tickets do you put into a season ticket? IRFU can sell game by game and make more and theyre selling out/close to for most games so why change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I got one single ticket in Block 520 and friends got 2 tickets for Block 512. I know you have to enter seperately mine will be via Landsdowne Lane and they'll be going in Landsdowne Road. Is it possible to meet up inside before the game or are these sections seperated inside? I've been lucky enough that I've never had to suss this out before!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got one single ticket in Block 520 and friends got 2 tickets for Block 512. I know you have to enter seperately mine will be via Landsdowne Lane and they'll be going in Landsdowne Road. Is it possible to meet up inside before the game or are these sections seperated inside? I've been lucky enough that I've never had to suss this out before!

You might be lucky and can get through before, defo not after. There’s a poster here who works in there can’t think of who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

All these tickets being re sold must be coming from sponsors and supporters club members, clubs, schools, etc haven't distributed theirs yet so cant be them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

pc7 wrote: »
    You might be lucky and can get through before, defo not after. There’s a poster here who works in there can’t think of who it is.

Before the game you can get around handy enough once you are on the same level ie 500's

After the game they close off doors at certain points to send people out in all directions and reduce crowds.
    You can always just walk back up the nearest stand section to get buy or just walk round from 512 to 520 in the seats once the crowd has died a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Ronney wrote: »
    Before the game you can get around handy enough once you are on the same level ie 500's

After the game they close off doors at certain points to send people out in all directions and reduce crowds.
    You can always just walk back up the nearest stand section to get buy or just walk round from 512 to 520 in the seats once the crowd has died a bit

That's perfect - its only before the game for a few drinks I'd like to meet up with them but we can meet up anywhere outside afterwards. Thanks for the reply!

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Sign up to your local club...problem solved...no need to play just pay subs.

Not exactly a guarantee of tickets though. Presume each club gets allocation based on size. And allocation could easily be subscribed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement