Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

kuang1 wrote: »
    Not that there is any definite trend, but what time of day was that yesterday?

It was around 10.00 am, which was the same time they came on stream in September. I'm always wary of the mornings. Seems the most likely time to miss them if you're not watching.

Raisins wrote: »
    Can’t believe that I’m checking constantly. Thanks for putting it up in the thread. Good to see some fans getting a few.

Appreciate that. Thanks. It's not an exact science. It can only take a few minutes to miss them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Gutted. I've been checking constantly at nine and half nine thinking those were the times they get released. Seems like I'm going to have to set alarms now for nine, half nine, ten, half ten and maybe eleven?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

troyzer wrote: »
    Gutted. I've been checking constantly at nine and half nine thinking those were the times they get released. Seems like I'm going to have to set alarms now for nine, half nine, ten, half ten and maybe eleven?

I got my ticket for the Scottish game earlier this year at 2.41pm on a Thursday, 9 days before the game.

I got my ticket for the Scottish game earlier this year at 2.41pm on a Thursday, 9 days before the game.

That's bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Presume because they get snapped up that they don't need to announce further sales. But you'd have to wonder are tours running software which alerts them..

It was morning glory for me with the Scotland game as well. I was in bed with the flu in early January. Checked the ticketmaster site about 10.30 AM. Tickets for Wales showed up.(had those sorted) About 5 minutes later Scotland tickets appeared.Best flu I ever had.

It was around 10.00 am, which was the same time they came on stream in September. I'm always wary of the mornings. Seems the most likely time to miss them if you're not watching.

correction-I meant August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

50 in Block 104 up on Viagogo today ,looks like UK bots bought most of them up.
    Disgraceful

your right there, very poor, ive attended the nov internationals every year, but totally missed out,

gally74 wrote: »
    your right there, very poor, ive attended the nov internationals every year, but totally missed out,

I don't mind missing out to fans but when I hear touts have them it's very frustrating. Apparently with those sites they might not even have tickets. Just post an ad to guage interest and then try to source tickets. Sooner the anti tout law comes into force the better!

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sooner the anti tout law comes into force the better!

What's the latest on that anybody know?

Sooner the anti tout law comes into force the better!

What's the latest on that anybody know?

Went through cabinet back in July but I don't think it's had its first reading yet.

Went through cabinet back in July but I don't think it's had its first reading yet.

I don't understand what that means! Enlighten me?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I don't mind missing out to fans but when I hear touts have them it's very frustrating. Apparently with those sites they might not even have tickets. Just post an ad to guage interest and then try to source tickets. Sooner the anti tout law comes into force the better!

The best way out is to avoid Ticketmaster type agencies and to distribute all tickets for the Autumn games via clubs and Branches and associated bodies as is the case for Six Nations tickets. Controversial view on here I know but there you go; feel free to offer a better idea.

I don't understand what that means! Enlighten me?

The government approved the law in July but it has to go through a Dáil process including a first reading, approval, committee stage, second reading etc before it can become law.

It's a slow process and the Dáil has been in recess since July. They're back on Tuesday.

But to be honest it'll be low priority because they've made it clear they want the abortion bill to be done as quickly as possible. And there's the budget as well.

It won't be this year.

Jeez.

And once it is eventually law, does that mean viagogo and its ilk won't be allowed to operate in Ireland?
    Or they will, and you're breaking the law by buying a ticket from them?

Jeez.

And once it is eventually law, does that mean viagogo and its ilk won't be allowed to operate in Ireland?
    Or they will, and you're breaking the law by buying a ticket from them?

It will be illegal to sell tickets for above their face value. This wouldn't make Viagogo et al. illegal as such but seeing as how nobody would bother using them if it meant losing money, they'll go out of business in Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

It will be illegal to sell tickets for above their face value. This wouldn't make Viagogo et al. illegal as such but seeing as how nobody would bother using them if it meant losing money, they'll go out of business in Ireland.

Like anything it will depend on enforcement as to whether this actually works as intended.

• Advertisement

Like anything it will depend on enforcement as to whether this actually works as intended.

People will still tout offline, but you can never stop that. The problem was scalpers setting up algorithms to buy as many tickets as possible and flogging them very visibly with massive mark ups on third party sites.

You'll get rid of most of the problem if you stop them from doing that.

Any tech genius amongst us?

Set up our own shaggin bots. Tickets for boardsies only.
    I'd contribute towards such a project!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

There used to be a forum on irishrugby.ie supporters page which enabled face value selling of tickets or swapping. It seems to be down :(

Is toutless.com my only hope for face value tickets?

Argentina tickets came yesterday. They were glued together or something and when I opened them up, the bar codes tore off.

Absolute ****e. I'll have to ring and ask them to send me new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Didn't get any of the triple match ones yet. Anybody else in the same boat?

connundrum wrote: »
    There used to be a forum on irishrugby.ie supporters page which enabled face value selling of tickets or swapping. It seems to be down :(

Is toutless.com my only hope for face value tickets?

I'm puzzled by that as well.Been down a long time now.What's the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not yet. They usually arrive very late in the day though. If I didn't see them til the last week of October I wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Mine arrived on Friday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I'm puzzled by that as well.Been down a long time now.What's the story?

no idea

the fact that the Welcome page is still from Ireland captain Brian O'Driscoll perhaps shows the priority level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I tried to renew membership the other day and got a message saying “this page is not secure” when I clicked through to the payment page. It’s genuinely one of the worst websites I’ve come across.

Kevski wrote: »
    I tried to renew membership the other day and got a message saying “this page is not secure” when I clicked through to the payment page. It’s genuinely one of the worst websites I’ve come across.

I've been waiting for my welcome pack since August.

I'm 90% sure the Supporters Club is one guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Does anyone know when 6 nations tickets are likely to go on sale for supporters club memebers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

collie0708 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when 6 nations tickets are likely to go on sale for supporters club memebers?

Probably December. January latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Kevski wrote: »
    Mine arrived on Friday morning!

Mine popped up today. Delighted.

I've been waiting for my welcome pack since August.

I'm 90% sure the Supporters Club is one guy.

And he's probably part time.

And he's probably part time.

And on paternity leave.

And career break.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

Probably December. January latest.

Would the best way to get a Wales ticket be to sign up-to the supporters club? Would you be guaranteed a ticket by doing that?

Would the best way to get a Wales ticket be to sign up-to the supporters club? Would you be guaranteed a ticket by doing that?

You won't get a Wales ticket unless you know somebody in the WRU.

I have a mate there and was never succesful at bagging tickets before.

You won't get a Wales ticket unless you know somebody in the WRU.

I have a mate there and was never succesful at bagging tickets before.

Nope.
    Join the Welsh supporters club and you'll get tickets easily. Costs around £53 to join though iirc.

Nope.
    Join the Welsh supporters club and you'll get tickets easily. Costs around £53 to join though iirc.

If that's the case I'll stand corrected.

And on paternity leave.

And career break.

And allergic to computer radiation. Seriously though, they really need to pull the finger out and bring the site up to speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Only received my NZ tickets so far.

Still waiting on the rest. Arg and USA tickets still missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Where you based?

Larne still hasn't received a dickie re tickets.

[insert time machine joke]

Plenty time yet. If you haven't received them within a week, worth getting on to TM

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Where you based?

I'm in Cookstown myself and my tickets came yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Where you based?

Dublin 02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm in Cookstown myself and my tickets came yesterday.

Excellent. Cheers fella.

There's probably not a hope of any tickets being still available from clubs (or anywhere else) for New Zealand game at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

There's probably not a hope of any tickets being still available from clubs (or anywhere else) for New Zealand game at this stage?
    Definitely not from any clubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Nope.

I did this two years ago and it worked perfectly. The welcome gift package was fairly decent also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭dowling06

Got my Argentina tickets around a week and a half ago but the NZ tickets are yet to show up. Should I get onto Ticketmaster? Seems kinda strange that they didn't come around the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement