Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir webmail password change

Options
  • 05-12-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an eircom.net email account which is asking for a log in password which I cant remember.  I cant ring eir as I am not a customer.   Web chat advised that I would receive a phone call within 24/48 hours asking me some security details but that was a week ago and still no phone call.   I have tried to retrieve the password from IE but no luck.   Anyone had the same problem??   Eir can you advise please??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

desidawn wrote: »
    I have an eircom.net email account which is asking for a log in password which I cant remember.  I cant ring eir as I am not a customer.   Web chat advised that I would receive a phone call within 24/48 hours asking me some security details but that was a week ago and still no phone call.   I have tried to retrieve the password from IE but no luck.   Anyone had the same problem??   Eir can you advise please??
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]desidawn,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are not an eir customer and you have not provided a security question & answer on your account, then unfortunately we have no information against which to validate your account details. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]• In order to confirm ownership of the account, we will send an email to the email address which is queried and after 30 days if there has been no correspondence from that address to the contrary we will be able to provide you with access. Customers who cannot remember their password may should / may be able retrieve this from the stored location of their browser and should try the following steps before requesting password reset. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]For Chrome Users: Click the icon with three parallel bars (hamburger icon) then Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click Show Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Passwords and Forms and you’ll see a link to Manage Passwords. Clicking this link will give you a list of saved passwords and clicking on any link will reveal the password. For Firefox Users: Access Options, whether through the orange button, Tools or the icon with three parallel bars ( Hamburger Icon). Within options, go to Security. There is a list of saved passwords there which can be viewed. For IE Users: Setting – Internet Options – Content Tab – Settings (Under Auto Complete Option) – Expand eir webmail url – click on show [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need further assistance please do feel free to PM me. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Boreen

I am in the exact same position as you.  I badly need to retrieve an email from my old eircom a/c.  There must be some way to verify our account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 desidawn

Boreen wrote: »
    I am in the exact same position as you.  I badly need to retrieve an email from my old eircom a/c.  There must be some way to verify our account.
    Yes it is driving me crazy as I have got some important stuff in my email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues retrieving your e-mails. I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1901, option 3, option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement