Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorial for a deceased Employee

• 05-12-2016 6:56pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine owns a small business and one of his employees recently passed away suddenly leaving a young wife and 2 small kids behind.

My friend would like to come up with some small but lasting token (besides the obvious flowers etc) that he can present to the widow as a recognition of the work the guy did and what he contributed to the company.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just wondering xanti if a small plaque / memorial of some sort at the workplace might be appropriate? I know you mentioned something that could be presented, but it might be an idea worth looking at.
    I remember seeing where a school had put some small memorial in place to a deceased pupil, and I thought it was a lovely idea. Even when the children had moved on, who actually knew the child, the little memorial would still be there, and others might spare a thought still for the person gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I think that the friend could think about opening a small savings account in the name of one or both of the children. Then he could pt an appropriate amount into it annually for 10 years (if he cold afford it of course).

Advertisement