Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Patrick Freyne. Another dose. He used to spend the whole slot giggling like an over excited child.

ah, thats him, yea i dont think he was playing with a full deck, he just sat there finding everything hilarious
    i was listening to gannon on the slot recently and i heard her get a dig in saying something about patrick frayne formerly of this parish....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

anyone find the new-ish website a serious resource hog? chrome task manager shows the tab using 40% CPU whenever i click anything. loading the podcasts page for example takes a good few seconds and it's not my internet connection. way too much javascript

I have to say I quite enjoyed Muireann on the breakfast show this week, credit where credit is due, she was very good interacting with the quiz contestants having a bit of light banter, Iano is very bad at speaking with people and comes across as very awkward and a bit cringy at times, his interviews arent his strong point although fair dues to him handling a severely intoxicated damon albarn a few weeks back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭mountain

that john cadell gets on my wick

Hes a nasty aggressive man, I switch off once i hear his voice

mountain wrote: »
    Hes a nasty aggressive man, I switch off once i hear his voice

totally hes a very nasty little man, he was absolutely horrible to nadine o reagan when she was on the slot and astonishingly in this day and age of the me too movement etc, it was laughed off by matt as a bit of banter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

totally hes a very nasty little man, he was absolutely horrible to nadine o reagan when she was on the slot and astonishingly in this day and age of the me too movement etc, it was laughed off by matt as a bit of banter

He didn't seem that way on TXFM back in the day.

He didn't seem that way on TXFM back in the day.

did you hear how he spoke to nadine o regan when she was on that slot? if she was my wife, girlfriend, sister etc, I would punch his lights out, a snide condescending horrible little man

anyone listening to the last social justice warrior this week? any idea when matts back? i had to switch off until he returns cant take any more of susan keogh and her SJW bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Are they doing Premier League Live this year?

Haven't heard any advert for Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

pjohnson wrote: »
    Are they doing Premier League Live this year?

Haven't heard any advert for Saturday?

I was driving last Saturday afternoon, and they had said that the summer saturday show that was on (with tara harrrison?) Was the last one, due to the return of premier league live this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

retalivity wrote: »
    I was driving last Saturday afternoon, and they had said that the summer saturday show that was on (with tara harrrison?) Was the last one, due to the return of premier league live this week.

Brilliant.

Oh its Huddersfield vs. Chelsea Saturday. Advert just aired as I posted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Brilliant.

It’s on sky sports premier league at 3pm FYI as well

Brilliant.

Premier league legend Ronnie Whelan is in the bootroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Have just turned the radio off. Muireann O’Connell is totally hyper today. There was me thinking she had toned it down a bit but not today!

johnire wrote: »
    Have just turned the radio off. Muireann O’Connell is totally hyper today. There was me thinking she had toned it down a bit but not today!

she needs to lay off the fanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

We have the radio on in work - I love going on lunch to get a break from her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Time to give someone else the lunchtime show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Problem is, the next incumbent will also sound like they've been taking Powerade intravenously before going on air. It's what management on that station want these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Today FM Management need a good kick up the backside for what they have turned the station into!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Susan Keogh with Colm O Gorman today was an exercise in virtue signalling. ****ing embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thank feck thats the end of Susan Keogh on TLW.....she makes Matt Cooper sound like the best host ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Is Matt back on Monday? I've not tuned in at all because she makes me want to hurl the radio at the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

yip, he's back on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

she needs to lay off the fanta

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Today FM gets a lot of criticism, rightly so, but credit where it's due, it's the best station in the country at nighttime. Doing Nightshift and some great music being played all week

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    ???

I assume he means the Fanta is making her hyper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Today FM gets a lot of criticism, rightly so, but credit where it's due, it's the best station in the country at nighttime. Doing Nightshift and some great music being played all week

So the non presenter stuff they play at night is better than the day time is it ? That's hardly a hot take really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So the non presenter stuff they play at night is better than the day time is it ? That's hardly a hot take really.

The choice and mix of music being played , theres no presenters on any stations late night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

gamecube wrote: »
    Today FM Management need a good kick up the backside for what they have turned the station into!

You make it sound like it used to be something to be proud of.

Even 10 years ago it was like a poor man's 2FM, again nothing to be proud of.

When it launched it was something different, went through changes from Radio Ireland to today FM, formats and style changed, it still had something.

Nowadays today FM is just a pasty imitation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

imme wrote: »
    You make it sound like it used to be something to be proud of.

Even 10 years ago it was like a poor man's 2FM, again nothing to be proud of.

When it launched it was something different, went through changes from Radio Ireland to today FM, formats and style changed, it still had something.

Nowadays today FM is just a pasty imitation.

I'm not saying that Today FM was the greatest radio station in the world 10 years ago but at least you could listen to it Mon-Fri at 7am-7pm without wanting to kick the radio out the window!

Advertisement