Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

If Ray D'Arcy hadn't left and Tony Fenton died, do you think they'd have changed the daytime station lineup anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

If Ray D'Arcy hadn't left and Tony Fenton died, do you think they'd have changed the daytime station lineup anyway?

No. I think it would still be Dempsey, D'Arcy, Fenton and Cooper, not sure about Foley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

That's an interesting question, in 2018 Ray D'Arcy would be up against Nicky Byrne & Tony Fenton would be up against Tracy Clifford.

I guess if the JNLR numbers were there age wouldn't come into it but i'm sure the 2018 Today FM management would try to mess it up somehow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Thats a big IF statement. I wonder would Ray have taken the whole "this is your playlist" and no you can't have Damien Dempsey in every other week & play the Liberty Bell every day in December. From what I remember, he played his own choice of music (a lot of Paolo Nutini amongst others) so now TodayFM bosses want all the music to be the latest tunes mainly.
    And Tony played a mix of songs with his own faves - definitely a good mix.

How would they both fare with this change in direction.

I guess its the same question that 2FM ask themselves...what if Gerry Ryan didn't pass away - where would the radio station go?

I know that things change but the one change I never understood was Management getting rid of Friday Night 80's...it made no sense, they could have transformed it into Friday Night 80's with a hint of 90's!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

NIMAN wrote: »
    Thank feck thats the end of Susan Keogh on TLW.....she makes Matt Cooper sound like the best host ever.

Thankfully Matt is back today, when you think about it, its a clever ploy by matt, backing susan keogh to fill in for him, shes so bad that it makes him look brilliant
    she is absolutely horrendous and should stay in her lane with her 6 at 6 and laughing at nothing, she should take her feminist SJW elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Thankfully Matt is back today, when you think about it, its a clever ploy by matt, backing susan keogh to fill in for him, shes so bad that it makes him look brilliant
    she is absolutely horrendous and should stay in her lane with her 6 at 6 and laughing at nothing, she should take her feminist SJW elsewhere

No slouch himself when it comes to the feminist SJW propaganda is our Matt. It is not just that Susan Keogh is so irredeemable appalling in her inability to not associate every and all issues with her far left feminist stance, but she is also amateur and untalented. Seems like quota filling to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Fergal Darcy is absolutely obsessed with his school, teenage and college years. It’s just bizarre the way he is constantly talking about those years. I’ve never heard anyone to talk so much about his past. I know we all reminisce but he takes it to a whole new level. I find it very very strange.

johnire wrote: »
    Fergal Darcy is absolutely obsessed with his school, teenage and college years. It’s just bizarre the way he is constantly talking about those years. I’ve never heard anyone to talk so much about his past. I know we all reminisce but he takes it to a whole new level. I find it very very strange.

Feargal, if you're reading this: NO 1 CURRRRR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

I agree, for a man of 35 he has a very unhealthy obsession with when he was a teenager, he actually still dresses like a teenager and spends his time in teenage discos, he has the mentality of a teenager and lives the life of a student, i think he may have issues so i dont want to dwell on it but i also find him a very strange man

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Maybe he is imitating Tubridy. Another school obsessive. Looks like Tubs got a fulltime job in the tuck shop that RTE is for it's over privileged employees.

• Advertisement

I agree, for a man of 35 he has a very unhealthy obsession with when he was a teenager, he actually still dresses like a teenager and spends his time in teenage discos, he has the mentality of a teenager and lives the life of a student, i think he may have issues so i dont want to dwell on it but i also find him a very strange man

Is he 35?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I love Ferg.
    There. I said it out loud.

He's fun and brightens up the afternoon.
    I've said it before, I've heard a few new Irish bands for the first time on his show.

I'm inclined to channel hop depending on who's on when.
    But he's easy to listen to, imo.

I love Ferg.
    There. I said it out loud.

He's fun and brightens up the afternoon.
    I've said it before, I've heard a few new Irish bands for the first time on his show.

I'm inclined to channel hop depending on who's on when.
    But he's easy to listen to, imo.
    Well, I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

James O'Brien on LBC does this too, but then some people were saying the reason Anton Savage wasnt as popular was because he didnt share anything about his personal life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Was Dermot on today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Was Dermot on today?

Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Feck sake, muireann o'connell is insufferable.......
    Not everything is the most amazing thing in the world...........

UsBus wrote: »

Don't worry, I'm sure when Louise comes back from her maternity they will put her on the lunchtime show and it will be problem solved. I like Louise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

UsBus wrote: »

I saw the clip of her doing that "jump into the pants" thing, absolutely pathetic. The fact she thought it would be good social media content is event more pathetic but sure look how mad she is. Mad mad mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

razorblunt wrote: »
    I saw the clip of her doing that "jump into the pants" thing, absolutely pathetic. The fact she thought it would be good social media content is event more pathetic but sure look how mad she is. Mad mad mad.

I dont know what that is but even by reading this I know it would put me in a mood :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

She also barely mentioned the hurling last week - now granted I didnt have her on for the full 2 hours each day but she certainly didnt seem to be obsessing about the hurling or even show much interest in it
    Yet today she was all "I was there, I was there!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

dragonfly! wrote: »
    She also barely mentioned the hurling last week - now granted I didnt have her on for the full 2 hours each day but she certainly didnt seem to be obsessing about the hurling or even show much interest in it
    Yet today she was all "I was there, I was there!"

100% band wagon jumper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

dragonfly! wrote: »
    I dont know what that is but even by reading this I know it would put me in a mood :o
    Some British athlete posted a video where two friends were holding some tracksuit pants, she then tried to do a standing jump into them, failed badly the first time, nailed it the second.
    Muireann tries it, fails it, no harm done, second time she basically stepped into it one foot at a time. Waste of bandwidth (both her posting it and me explaining it!) but it proper annoyed me so consider this a vent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

She’s incredibly irritating. Totally way over the top on everything.

razorblunt wrote: »

She’s incredibly irritating. Totally way over the top on everything.

I don't know why Communicorp gave her that slot, Al Porter was bad enough but she takes it to a whole new level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I don't know why Communicorp gave her that slot, Al Porter was bad enough but she takes it to a whole new level.

**** no, give me Muireann over Al any day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Did you not like Al Porter?

Did you not like Al Porter?

As a comedian I like(d) him, but he got a lot of flak for his radio show. In my personal opinion, anything he can do Muireann can do worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Didn't realise Muireann was made permanent on today fm. Septic. Between d'arcy and herself they're insufferable.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Didn't realise Muireann was made permanent on today fm. Septic. Between d'arcy and herself they're insufferable.

I absolutely agree, I think Louise Duffy should be put back on daytime when she comes back from her maternity. Not sure who should be on the 7pm slot, Declan Pierce maybe?

Advertisement