Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dara Quilty is an absolute spanner. Should not be allowed near the airwaves.

Watch out Brock, Mikey will be coming after you now!

Or more likely he’s already moved on to working pro bono as a publicist for his latest radio fantasy. You’ll probably be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Dara Quilty is an absolute spanner. Should not be allowed near the airwaves.

Who is your favourite DJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Who is your favourite DJ?

I don't have a favorite DJ. I'm not sure why anyone would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Today FM is literally the definition of insanity.
    They play the same 4 or 5 songs repeatedly all day..

If I ever run into that Florence, I'll force feed the head off her.....F**ken hunger me hole, utter crap...aimed at mindless idiots..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

UsBus wrote: »

If I ever run into that Florence, I'll force feed the head off her.....F**ken hunger me hole, utter crap...aimed at mindless idiots..

Thank you!
    So glad you said this!
    I like Florence but not on every show
    Same with George Ezra

• Advertisement

2FM is A LOT better than Today FM at the moment.

I wonder could I persuade the office to change over...

Has anyone else noticed how often they play Wheatus' Teenage Dirtbag? Today FM is on in the office all day every day here and it must be at least once a week that they play this song. It's really bizarre. Of all the classics to mix up the dire playlist of the same 15 songs repeated all day, every day, why THIS one? Are they getting a special deal for every time they play it or what?
    I think its on an ad for a quiz / feature they have every day?

threein99 wrote: »
    100% band wagon jumper

Yet the real fans miss out on tickets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

UsBus wrote: »

That literally isn't the definition of insanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Thank you!
    So glad you said this!
    I like Florence but not on every show
    Same with George Ezra

That prick should be shot into the sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I think I'm going through a midlife crisis or something.
    I'm 36 and I've spent the last 3 days listening to 2fm from 6:30am to 8pm without changing the channel on the work radio, tune in on my phone and my home radio!
    I was one of Dan Healys biggest critics and called him every name under the sun when he called the old hosts but it's actually become very listenable,
    This obviously has a lot to do with the intolerable Jennuendo missing from breakfast republic and with Louise McSharry filling in for the walking ego and anti Trump fanatic or as I like to call him CooperLite Eoghan McDermott.
    But I've actually been enjoying every show straight through.
    I can't say I've stayed with one station all day since the golden age of today FM.
    Obviously this could still be a midlife crisis or a more serious condition but I'm liking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,958 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I assume this means the new 2FM fans will stop whinging about every TodayFM presenter here then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I think I'm going through a midlife crisis or something.
    I'm 36 and I've spent the last 3 days listening to 2fm from 6:30am to 8pm without changing the channel on the work radio, tune in on my phone and my home radio!
    I was one of Dan Healys biggest critics and called him every name under the sun when he called the old hosts but it's actually become very listenable,
    This obviously has a lot to do with the intolerable Jennuendo missing from breakfast republic and with Louise McSharry filling in for the walking ego and anti Trump fanatic or as I like to call him CooperLite Eoghan McDermott.
    But I've actually been enjoying every show straight through.
    I can't say I've stayed with one station all day since the golden age of today FM.
    Obviously this could still be a midlife crisis or a more serious condition but I'm liking it.

Louise McSharry has been very good as Eoghan McDermott's stand in, I hope Dan Healy keeps her as Eoghan's sub into the future

As for Dan Healy.....I think we all got upset with him for a lot of the changes he made at the time but he has done a good job with the daytime lineup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Susan Keogh gone to newstalk? good riddance, she can spread her feminist agenda there (not sure how she got the job though)

Susan Keogh gone to newstalk? good riddance, she can spread her feminist agenda there (not sure how she got the job though)

They’re owned by the same company (Communicorp) and broadcast from the same building. To describe it as a move might be overstating it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Leaves Today Fm in a bit of a predicament for fill in presenters for the Last word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I await with morbid interest who'll fill in next time..

jvan wrote: »
    Leaves Today Fm in a bit of a predicament for fill in presenters for the Last word.

Not at all, completely interchangeable- pretty safe bet she’ll be hosting it again as a substitute at some stage.

Not at all, completely interchangeable- pretty safe bet she’ll be hosting it again as a substitute at some stage.

great

anyone know who was that absolute arsehole on with marion mckeown on the last word yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone know who was that absolute arsehole on with marion mckeown on the last word yesterday?

Matt Cooper ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    Matt Cooper ?

:D aside from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭lambayire

Cal Thomas?

Wasn't listening but he's normally on opposite Marion

lambayire wrote: »
    Cal Thomas?

Wasn't listening but he's normally on opposite Marion

no, in fairness to Cal hes always far more respectful than this guy, he was a snide individual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

no, in fairness to Cal hes always far more respectful than this guy, he was a snide individual

Can't remember his name, he's been on before, and very much on the side of Trump.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I presume it's Michael Walsh. You think Cal is a diehard republican and then this lad shows up every so often and makes Cal look like a moderate.

jvan wrote: »
    Can't remember his name, he's been on before, and very much on the side of Trump.

he was a trump fanatic, cooper stated a fact that mccain had received a torrid time recently from trump and yer man tried to accuse cooper of using mccains death to get at trump, cooper only stated an actual fact, this guy was a typical trump supporter, disrespectful, brain washed, dim and a horrible individual, i hope they never have him on again

I presume it's Michael Walsh. You think Cal is a diehard republican and then this lad shows up every so often and makes Cal look like a moderate.

i'm not sure it was michael walsh, but yea this guy actually makes cal seem like a liberal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Michael Walsh. He's very pro-trump, but at least he wasn't afraid to have a go at Matt and Marion for their constant Trump-bashing. I think Matt was a bit rattled at one stage

• Advertisement

Michael Walsh. He's very pro-trump, but at least he wasn't afraid to have a go at Matt and Marion for their constant Trump-bashing. I think Matt was a bit rattled at one stage

Oh he was very rattled, i've never actually heard him so rattled and yes the trump bashing is boring at this stage but Cal is always respectful in his arguement, this guy tried to twist an actual fact

Advertisement