Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I know it’s absolutely dire. She’s said amazing at least 5 times already.
    statto25 wrote: »
    Today on the Lunchtime show....Muireann chats about something quirky her neighbor does with their bins...Jesus wept.
    I don't believe Muireann is a poor broadcaster as she wasn't like this in her previous shows. She is following a "script" in my opinion on how Today FM bosses want the lunchtime show to sound. Its the same drivel when people cover for her who also happen to be decent presenters on their own shows (apart from Paula Mc!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

johnire wrote: »
    I know it’s absolutely dire. She’s said amazing at least 5 times already.

lets count how many more times she will say it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

The same songs on over and over again is sloooowly driving me crazy
    Mumford and Sons - same song was on Paula M that Muireann just played a minute ago and that song was out in 2012? I think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

cant believe she mentioned scutterflys on her show in the middle of the day

I agree. It’s so inappropriate. Mind you Fergal Darcy is the worst offender for inappropriate language. It’s so unnecessary.

• Advertisement

I agree. It’s so inappropriate. Mind you Fergal Darcy is the worst offender for inappropriate language. It’s so unnecessary.

definitely, his language is very coarse for a middle of the day show, i dont know how he gets away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

dragonfly! wrote: »
    The same songs on over and over again is sloooowly driving me crazy
    Mumford and Sons - same song was on Paula M that Muireann just played a minute ago and that song was out in 2012? I think?

Yeah, the daytime playlist seems to be ridiculously tight these days. Every time I tune in, without fail, I hear that godawful George Ezra song. There's no variety. Its the same 10-12 songs on repeat!

At the weekends it seems far less restricted, and of course Ed Smith in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah, the daytime playlist seems to be ridiculously tight these days. Every time I tune in, without fail, I hear that godawful George Ezra song. There's no variety. Its the same 10-12 songs on repeat!

At the weekends it seems far less restricted, and of course Ed Smith in the evenings.
    The only decent thing about Today FM these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It's only a matter of time before they get around to axing the remaining shows that don't play George Ezra on rotation and have presenters high on Kool Aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Why is Fergal Darcy the only person in Today FM that lost his voice after the Electric Picnic weekend. The others were there and they’re ok. He sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I notice his show from yesterday isn't available on listen back

• Advertisement

I’m not surprised. It was a disgrace that he was allowed to work at all.
    threein99 wrote: »
    I notice his show from yesterday isn't available on listen back

I’m not surprised. It was a disgrace that he was allowed to work at all.

that man child needs to cop himself on fairly fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Im sure Today FM thought it was great gas....Radio DJ goes to music festival, overdoes it, loses his voice and then turns up for completely unsuitable for work and barely audible. Sure he's savage amazing craic altogether....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

statto25 wrote: »
    Im sure Today FM thought it was great gas....Radio DJ goes to music festival, overdoes it, loses his voice and then turns up for completely unsuitable for work and barely audible. Sure he's savage amazing craic altogether....

I thought you said overdoses it there for a second!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The only decent thing about Today FM these days!

Ehhh Paul McLoone?! Far superior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Matt just said Sinead O'Carroll filling in for him on the last word tomorrow. Who is she or where does she normally work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Breaking news...so Matt is off tomorrow (well he does the night shift on TV3 Virgin Media so he deserves a day off
    Anyway, his replacement is Sinead O'Carroll from The Journal...same place that Gavan Reilly came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Ian OB

Okay, not up to speed with young peoples slang these days, what are/is "scutterflys"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

jvan wrote: »
    Matt just said Sinead O'Carroll filling in for him on the last word tomorrow. Who is she or where does she normally work?

Was she in B*Witched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Paul Power? As in KFM?

One and the same. Paul Power was part of the original Radio Ireland team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

jvan wrote:

I should have seen that one coming, she's been a regular contributor in recent times. I'll reserve judgement until I hear her as a presenter but, as a contributor, I find her fairly annoying. Being a "journalist" with the Journal.ie, should tell you all you need to know about her really, i.e. left, liberal, PC, with a bit of feminism thrown in for good measure. But she might put those biases to one side when presenting....I won't hold my breath though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I should have seen that one coming, she's been a regular contributor in recent times. I'll reserve judgement until I hear her as a presenter but, as a contributor, I find her fairly annoying. Being a "journalist" with the Journal.ie, should tell you all you need to know about her really, i.e. left, liberal, PC, with a bit of feminism thrown in for good measure. But she might put those biases to one side when presenting....I won't hold my breath though.

Is she the TV critic one that has never wathced The Wire or The Sopranos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

No. She's big into sport, plays Camogie and mentions that fact as much as she can. She's from the Journal too, which is somehow taken as a serious news outlet by radio stations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Jaysus, even back then Phil Cawley was barely off the airwaves, the insufferable fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

Not nearly as much as RTE. Hoe Duffy has had 35 days off this year and it's still August. He had 12 weeks off last year.

U are obsessed with the man and a show you can’t stand. Even on a Today FM thread you have to bring Duffy into it.

Ever watched the movie “Play Misty for Me”.

Regards,

Aonghus.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

More Music wrote: »
    U are obsessed with the man and a show you can’t stand. Even on a Today FM thread you have to bring Duffy into it.

Ever watched the movie “Play Misty for Me”.

Regards,

Aonghus.

Very true, it could all end tragically. Don't be giving Joe ideas though by comparing him to Clint Eastwood, in any context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

That’s Jennifer Gannon who manages to make any choice a pc/sjw and always has a feminist rant to go along with her slot no matter how much of a stretch it is

• Advertisement

That’s Jennifer Gannon who manages to make any choice a pc/sjw and always has a feminist rant to go along with her slot no matter how much of a stretch it is

they got rid of her and somehow she sneaked back in

Advertisement