Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Jaysus, even back then Phil Cawley was barely off the airwaves, the insufferable fecker.

Caggers originally had D&D slot!!!

Ian OB wrote: »
    Okay, not up to speed with young peoples slang these days, what are/is "scutterflys"?

severe diarrhea brought on by a bout of nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Caggers originally had D&D slot!!!

That's right... I remember it. Back then Dempsey's breakfast show ran till 10. Then Mark Cagney was on for a music / fluff-lite show till 1-ish.

I don't think Cagney stayed that long, maybe a year, 18 months. Tim Kelly (groan) was in the slot then for a while until Ray D'Arcy eventually arrived.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    That's right... I remember it. Back then Dempsey's breakfast show ran till 10. Then Mark Cagney was on for a music / fluff-lite show till 1-ish.

I don't think Cagney stayed that long, maybe a year, 18 months. Tim Kelly (groan) was in the slot then for a while until Ray D'Arcy eventually arrived.

it looks like todayfm has gone full circle!

i wonder what denis o' brien makes of it all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

jvan wrote: »
    Matt just said Sinead O'Carroll filling in for him on the last word tomorrow. Who is she or where does she normally work?

May as well rename the station as ty FM at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't know her, but I just tuned it and it sounds like they let the work experience student take the Last Word reins.

And is MC's fill-in always going to be female?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

NIMAN wrote: »

I don't know her, but I just tuned it and it sounds like they let the work experience student take the Last Word reins.

And is MC's fill-in always going to be female?
    If it's the same person I'm thinking of then she's from the journal.ie. she filled in on Ivan and matts show on tv3 before and she wasn't that bad. And if she is the regular fill in now at least she as an ex inter county camogie player she won't sound lost on sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

More Music wrote: »
    U are obsessed with the man and a show you can’t stand. Even on a Today FM thread you have to bring Duffy into it.

Ever watched the movie “Play Misty for Me”.

Regards,

Aonghus.

Hi Aonghus,

How's the parachuting going? Have you had much chance to plant any more stories lately on the caller-driven show? ;):rolleyes:

Obsessed? You're the one following me!

Where did I say I can't stand the show? I find it (unintentionally) hilarious. What I can't stand is the amateurism of the host, his ridiculous fee structure and the facilitation of his tax avoidance by RTE, his ridiculous attendance level/holidays, and his use/abuse of the show to promote and advertise his wares. Or are you going to try and defend these?

I also noticed you didn't reply to the series of questions I asked of you on Da Lahv Lahn Thread? Funny that. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It's not like you don't have the time to reply......

My God, today's host is possibly the worst fill-in we've ever had on TLW.

I won't be able to hear the TV review but it's an all-female panel.....I hope at least one of whom has seen either The Wire or Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

My God, today's host is possibly the worst fill-in we've ever had on TLW.

I won't be able to hear the TV review but it's an all-female panel.....I hope at least one of whom has seen either The Wire or Breaking Bad.

Don’t worry It will be celeb big brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Don’t worry It will be celeb big brother

Bang on queue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just listened to three women discuss the future of Loose Women on Today FM. There are other channels for this type of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Turned it on for 5 minutes there, 3 women discussing celebrity big brother, loose women and now x factor.
    Presenter even said herself its the lowest common denominator tv....yet there they are having a great chin wag about it.

G'luck!

Didn't hear but needless to say that was entirely predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Only caught the last hour but credit where credit is due, after getting past the fact she sounded 15, she came across as very knowledgeable about some of the other items before the tv slot.

They had another female "journalist" from thejournal.ie on discussing the Emirates plane situation in JFK today. Between the two of them it sounded like they had as much actual information as is contained in a 140 character tweet. Awful report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I listened very briefly on my commute. Awful.

But amusingly, she actually read out a text from someone to the effect of - “has the show been invaded by a bunch of feminists?” or words to that effect. Cue nervous laughter and a promise to change the subject, at which point Celeb Big Brother was discussed. I switched over then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

They had another female "journalist" from thejournal.ie on discussing the Emirates plane situation in JFK today. Between the two of them it sounded like they had as much actual information as is contained in a 140 character tweet. Awful report.

Anyone employed by the journal is only proficient in doing CTRL-C, CTRL-V from actual news organizations websites :rolleyes: Journalists, they are not.

Anyone employed by the journal is only proficient in doing CTRL-C, CTRL-V from actual news organizations websites :rolleyes: Journalists, they are not.

Hence my inverted commas......

Sinead O' Carroll filing in for Matt the Cat.... wasnt she the one from intermission with the ronnie?

At least it wasnt Susan SJW Keogh, she must be raging she cant present TLW anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Matt's going to be talking about Trump on the show today !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

At least it wasnt Susan SJW Keogh, she must be raging she cant present TLW anymore

Why can't she present it anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Why can't she present it anymore?

Not being on the station the show is on anymore is a good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Joe Donnelly filled in for D&D this morning and Paula McSweeney filled in for Muireann,is that just coincidence?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Joe Donnelly filled in for D&D this morning and Paula McSweeney filled in for Muireann,is that just coincidence?

Muireann going to a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Paula on lunchtimes permanently would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not being on the station the show is on anymore is a good reason.

She left? Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Newstalk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Newstalk

What's she doing there? Newsreading still?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭kksaints

Paula on lunchtimes permanently would be much better.

Gosh no. Paula is just as annoying and plays really terrible music when she isn't playing Today Fm's chosen playlist.

Advertisement