Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Paula on lunchtimes permanently would be much better.

until she gets the job permanently, then whoever covers for her when she is out sick would be much better

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Muireann could do no wrong when she was Al Porter's stand in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What's she doing there? Newsreading still?

yea thats all, because she filled in on TLW a few times, she got notions above her station and went to the more high brow newstalk...

Are Dermot and Dave on a part time contract or something? maybe they are on the FAS, week on week off...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not being on the station the show is on anymore is a good reason.

You do know that Today FM and Newstalk are owned by the same group and operate out of the same building, don’t you? You wouldn’t imagine it’d preclude someone from doing cross-cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

kksaints wrote: »
    Gosh no. Paula is just as annoying and plays really terrible music when she isn't playing Today Fm's chosen playlist.

Paula isn't the worst but prefer her on the early breakfast rather than lunch time show.

jvan wrote: »
    Paula isn't the worst but prefer her on the early breakfast rather than lunch time show.

Holy Moly, I like Paula but I just heard the worst piece of Radio since Gerry Ryan farted live on air.... i just tuned in to hear Paula conduct a quiz where one contestant named mark, she called him paul .....she told him he had lost and was about to disconnect him when someone (pamela halton blake) obviously told her that her maths were wrong and the quiz was not over.... then the guy lost and she then called him martin....
    She makes Ian Dempsey look like Magnus Magnuson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

What age group is Today FM aimed at these days?

gamecube wrote: »

10-85

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

gamecube wrote: »

IQ <60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Holy Moly, I like Paula but I just heard the worst piece of Radio since Gerry Ryan farted live on air.... i just tuned in to hear Paula conduct a quiz where one contestant named mark, she called him paul .....she told him he had lost and was about to disconnect him when someone (pamela halton blake) obviously told her that her maths were wrong and the quiz was not over.... then the guy lost and she then called him martin....
    She makes Ian Dempsey look like Magnus Magnuson

She’s painfully annoying and dense - how many times did she mention she has a fella

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's aimed at the 25-34 age bracket now.

A swing and a miss, but that's where they're aiming.

It's aimed at the 25-34 age bracket now.

A swing and a miss, but that's where they're aiming.

Can they not see where they are going wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

They're doing fine in a middling sort of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

She’s painfully annoying and dense - how many times did she mention she has a fella

didn't know that.
    next thing you'll be telling me she's engaged or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Are Dermot and Dave on a part time contract or something? maybe they are on the FAS, week on week off...

Sure maybe they are.
    That's between them and their employer.

Listening to Ed's songs of praise I just wish all of Today FM's output was as good as this

No dumb banter just great songs

If the daytime playlist could just have a couple of these songs every hour it would make the station a whole lot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah I’ve had it on in the background for the last hour. Excellent stuff. So chilled and relaxed. What a huge contrast to the manic brain dead nonsense of the daytime schedule.

She has a fella? I never would have known..... I would also never have known she was pregnant if she didnt mention it every ten seconds....

Good thing for her shes hot I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

She has a fella? I never would have known..... I would also never have known she was pregnant if she didnt mention it every ten seconds....

Good thing for her shes hot I guess!

She sounds hotter than she is.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    She sounds hotter than she is.

i saw her pic, i think shes well hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I was thinking today about the whole serena williams debacle and how it would be handled on the last word...im not near a radio so someome fill me in if it doesnt go exactly as how i expect it to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

retalivity wrote: »
    I was thinking today about the whole serena williams debacle and how it would be handled in the lasr word...im not near a radio so someome fill me in if it doesnt go exactly as how i expect it to...

He apologized on twitter for not having a woman on it when some sjw asked him about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You know those little clips they play to advertise a certain presenters show? They are usually played a few times during the day to try to get you to tune in?

Well usually the common angle is humour, they will play a clip from say the Ian Dempsey show where something funny happened.....well tonight during TLW, they played an Ian Dempsey one where he was chatting to Donal Skehan....and I was waiting for the funny bit.

It never arrived. It was basically a free advert for his new book of recipes. Nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He apologized on twitter for not having a woman on it when some sjw asked him about it

I haven't heard the piece (yet, I will later) but did he really do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NIMAN wrote: »
    You know those little clips they play to advertise a certain presenters show? They are usually played a few times during the day to try to get you to tune in?

Well usually the common angle is humour, they will play a clip from say the Ian Dempsey show where something funny happened.....well tonight during TLW, they played an Ian Dempsey one where he was chatting to Donal Skehan....and I was waiting for the funny bit.

It never arrived. It was basically a free advert for his new book of recipes. Nothing else.

Is Skehan related to Dempsey too (a la Doireann Garrihy)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

That truly is pathetic if true. How the mighty have fallen, Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

That truly is pathetic if true. How the mighty have fallen, Matt

Just typical of the insipid SJW he has become in recent years. He has long lost all sense of balance, humour and irony. Maybe he needs a break from all that presenting. Alas, he is all too typical of his media colleagues in the echo chamber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,957 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thought those whinging had agreed to move to 2FM?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »

I thought the exact same when I heard it, a free advert slot on prime time radio, if i was a company advertising on todayfm i would be fuming with that
    i think Ian and Skeehans parents are close...

Advertisement