Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

If Fergus Darcy is a "content creator" then i'm a rocket scientist

And it's only €1250 for 10wks x 3 hrs with ferg, alison and the gang on 'creating content'.
    If that floats your boat, i also have some magic beans for sale at the low low price of €100...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

D&D say stuff that suits the music, presumably thats all pre scripted?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No, Dermot is an improv comedian so that's his forte and it's one of the ways they've built that into the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No, Dermot is an improv comedian so that's his forte and it's one of the ways they've built that into the show.

That's a bit of a stretch now. :pac:
    Technically i guess he is, the question of whether he's actually any good at it however is debatable.

That's a bit of a stretch now. :pac:
    Technically i guess he is, the question of whether he's actually any good at it however is debatable.

well Dave has the canned laughter down to a tee...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Why why why is there a quiz on this week where you have to fake laugh your way through it?!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've seen Dermot live countless times and he is an excellent improv comedian. He's a bit weird at times but excellent nonetheless.

I've seen Dermot live countless times and he is an excellent improv comedian. He's a bit weird at times but excellent nonetheless.

what exactly is the live D&D gig?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

what exactly is the live D&D gig?

The Radio show, but live. Noni, Tony Cas, Say stuff etc. I really enjoyed it when they did it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dannyman76

NIMAN wrote: »
    Has anyone heard the advert for the TodayFM school that is coming up.

Where some of their staff are giving lessons in how to do it right on the radio.

You wouldn't believe who says that being a great interviewer is a skill and that they will teach you how to do it?

Alison Curtis!!!!

I sh1t you not.

So she's an expert radio interviewer is she?

I remember when Anton Savage did that ad, then after he left she read out his lines word for word🀦ðŸ»*♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I used to like say stuff that suits the music but Dave is just so annoying with the forced laughter. It's like adding laugh tracks to programmes....it just tricks you into thinking it's funny.

That Noni thing is cringe. so so bad.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I used to like say stuff that suits the music but Dave is just so annoying with the forced laughter. It's like adding laugh tracks to programmes....it just tricks you into thinking it's funny.

I actually like Noni, i think its very funny, love when he does Cas, fing about chew-sea mahhhht, nafing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Pussyhands wrote: »

Is that the weird euphemistic word that the Outhere Brothers used on their song "Boom Boom Boom" back in the mid 90s?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I actually like Noni, i think its very funny, love when he does Cas, fing about chew-sea mahhhht, nafing!

Noni is a great creation. His Diarmuid Gavin stuff was absolutely brilliant, especially when he talked to Diarmuid Gavin. I do t think Rachel Allen knew what to make of his impression of her. She did seem to enjoy it......my Mehxicaaaahno.......:pac:

whiterebel wrote: »
    Noni is a great creation. His Diarmuid Gavin stuff was absolutely brilliant, especially when he talked to Diarmuid Gavin. I do t think Rachel Allen knew what to make of his impression of her. She did seem to enjoy it......my Mehxicaaaahno.......:pac:

yea his diarmuid gavin is spot on, he also does a very good northern english accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

yea his diarmuid gavin is spot on, he also does a very good northern english accent

Welsh Dermot is good too.

Also like his Kevin kilbanes ice cream van.

Welsh Dermot is good too.

Also like his Kevin kilbanes ice cream van.

that was so funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

that was so funny!

And he always washes his hands

anyone ever notice, fergus darcy tries to make out he is big mates with D&D but D&D dont really acknowledge his existence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

anyone ever notice, fergus darcy tries to make out he is big mates with D&D but D&D dont really acknowledge his existence...

Bet ferg was a loner in his school days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I've met James Patrice, but you don't hear me banging on about it do you? Apart from this post of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Dermot and Dave are doing the quiz where you have to keep laughing throughout it, I had to turn off the radio. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea

2smiggy wrote: »
    Dermot and Dave are doing the quiz where you have to keep laughing throughout it, I had to turn off the radio. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea

Please God thats not still going on next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

I've met James Patrice

Sorry for your troubles

radio researching is a great job, shauna o reilly has 3 months off now from the ian dempsey show

Paula McSweeney has been signed off work until her Mat leave starts...
    She just tweeted it there

radio researching is a great job, shauna o reilly has 3 months off now from the ian dempsey show

I was listening to her wondering how my boss would feel if I asked from now until Christmas off...
    Barely got away with taking 11 working days for my wedding :o

dragonfly! wrote: »
    I was listening to her wondering how my boss would feel if I asked from now until Christmas off...
    Barely got away with taking 11 working days for my wedding :o

she is gone to "detox" from everyone.... wonder how my boss would feel if i said i'm away now until after xmas as i want to detox from everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Paula McSweeney has been signed off work until her Mat leave starts...
    She just tweeted it there

I don’t think she’ll ever be back. Nothing overly talented about her or special that you couldn’t get by plucking some girl from iradio,spin or Red Fm and when she has a new born leaving for work at stupid o clock won’t appeal I wouldn’t imagine

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I don’t think she’ll ever be back. Nothing overly talented about her or special that you couldn’t get by plucking some girl from iradio,spin or Red Fm and when she has a new born leaving for work at stupid o clock won’t appeal I wouldn’t imagine

the only thing is, she would nearly be home by the time aidan has to go to work so it might suit that way

Advertisement