Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

She would be insufferable after having a child, non stop talk about her kid. She's bad enough as it is talking about her husband! You'd swear she's the only person who ever formed a serious relationship from Tinder. Pain in the hole!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

she is gone to "detox" from everyone.... wonder how my boss would feel if i said i'm away now until after xmas as i want to detox from everyone

Nobody actually cares what your boss would say though.

Her boss was obviously happy enough with it, so you can chill on the outrage. Why do you actually care so much about someone else is doing with their life?

How do you know that she hasn’t had a tough year or so and she needs a career break to get away for a while? Maybe she just asked her boss and he/she said ‘sure’. Regardless, don’t judge people whose circumstances you know f*ck all about.

Jesus this place is a toxic cesspit. Imagine having a go at someone because your boss wouldn’t give you a few days off. F*ck me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

She would be insufferable after having a child, non stop talk about her kid. She's bad enough as it is talking about her husband! You'd swear she's the only person who ever formed a serious relationship from Tinder. Pain in the hole!

imagine her doing a show with Alison Curtis....oh that would be painful. shell be boring her kid with "do you know ive a fella"...she'll be back as shes "loved" by Iano/Others in the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Faugheen wrote: »
    Nobody actually cares what your boss would say though.

Her boss was obviously happy enough with it, so you can chill on the outrage. Why do you actually care so much about someone else is doing with their life?

How do you know that she hasn’t had a tough year or so and she needs a career break to get away for a while? Maybe she just asked her boss and he/she said ‘sure’. Regardless, don’t judge people whose circumstances you know f*ck all about.

Jesus this place is a toxic cesspit. Imagine having a go at someone because your boss wouldn’t give you a few days off. F*ck me.

Jesus calm down, wasn't that bad!

Jesus calm down, wasn't that bad!

He’s having a go at someone for taking some time off saying he wouldn’t be given the same opportunity.

Why are you defending that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Faugheen wrote: »
    He’s having a go at someone for taking some time off saying he wouldn’t be given the same opportunity.

Why are you defending that?

are you ok? if you need to talk to someone, i dont think this is the place but there is help out there

yesterday on Marios Sunday Boast he took a leaf out of RTEs book and raided the staff canteen for guests

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

yesterday on Marios Sunday Boast he took a leaf out of RTEs book and raided the staff canteen for guests

Hasn't he been doing that most weeks?

Hasn't he been doing that most weeks?

its a very weak show and mario actually sounds bitter about having to go in on sundays, looks like management thought he wasnt earning his crust and cut neil delmer to bring in mario on sundays thus completely cutting out a wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

they must be getting a grant or something with the number of female djs on air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    they must be getting a grant or something with the number of female djs on air

Prob all the ones that graduated from their course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

retalivity wrote: »
    Prob all the ones that graduated from their course

yeah, lots of new content creators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    yeah, lots of new content creators

and probably pay a fraction of what they paid Anton/Ray D'arcy/Iano etc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod Note

As per charter please watch the tone and snipping at each other, no further warnings, cards will follow.

thanks.

Its uncanny, they managed to get a carbon copy of Paul McSweeney to fill in when she is on maternity leave, she looks like and sounds like her!

great story though, she wrote a letter to paula and paula advised her to get into radio and now shes filling in for her! best of luck to her, nice to see someone get a chance like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Its uncanny, they managed to get a carbon copy of Paul McSweeney to fill in when she is on maternity leave, she looks like and sounds like her!

great story though, she wrote a letter to paula and paula advised her to get into radio and now shes filling in for her! best of luck to her, nice to see someone get a chance like that

Also a shame though.. there was a time that some of the people that had been working their ass of in local stations (or even sister stations to this one) would have got the call and it could be the start of something..

Too many people just walk in the door to a radio job these days, rather than working their way up. Leaves little hope for those trying to do it the old fashioned way :(

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Also a shame though.. there was a time that some of the people that had been working their ass of in local stations (or even sister stations to this one) would have got the call and it could be the start of something..

Too many people just walk in the door to a radio job these days, rather than working their way up. Leaves little hope for those trying to do it the old fashioned way :(

this is very true, but i believe in this case Pamela Joyce had done her time in iradio and behind the scenes on some of the other todayfm shows, please correct me if i am wrong here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

this is very true, but i believe in this case Pamela Joyce had done her time in iradio and behind the scenes on some of the other todayfm shows, please correct me if i am wrong here

You're right, she seems to have a fair background in the business. According to her conversation with Ian this morning, anyway.

Gift Grub was great this morning, taking the p*ss out of Matt....

"We'll talk to Simon Harris about Healt........"
    "Er, health, Matt......"
    "That's what I said, healt........."

And all the references to the book. Between this one and the O'Gara history one a while ago, he's starting to get back to his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

whiterebel wrote: »
    You're right, she seems to have a fair background in the business. According to her conversation with Ian this morning, anyway.

That is good to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Did anyone follow the progress of the fella that thinks the earth is flat, he was on with dermot and Dave last week. Look at his YouTube channel. Professor Des Walsh its called. The videos are clearly just him in a room in his house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Did anyone follow the progress of the fella that thinks the earth is flat, he was on with dermot and Dave last week. Look at his YouTube channel. Professor Des Walsh its called. The videos are clearly just him in a room in his house

I heard some of the interview. The guy is clearly off his rocker. D&D clearly thought so too.

Is that Frank Greaney presenting The Last Word?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Absolute car crash radio on TLW at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

What happened? I wasn't near a radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

marno21 wrote: »
    Go on..:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

marno21 wrote: »

i thought he was ok, certainly better than listening to susan keogh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

anyone know if hector o headwreck is still on sundays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

anyone know if hector o headwreck is still on sundays?

No, he's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

i thought he was ok, certainly better than listening to susan keogh

No Frank did a good job today. That segment around 5:30 about free sanitary products that descended into a pro/anti feminism free for all is what I was referring to

Advertisement