Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I spotted that coming up on my podcast feed and couldn't bring myself to listen. Thanks for the heads up :-)

I've not heard a lot of Frank Greaney as a presenter but it's encouraging that he's being given a go at helming TLW. At least he has a background as a proper journalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm amazed that one of the new voices or stand-in's is actually male.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

marno21 wrote: »
    No Frank did a good job today. That segment around 5:30 about free sanitary products that descended into a pro/anti feminism free for all is what I was referring to

that was crazy and interestingly it was mainly women texting in in favour of the male contributor who was saying the whole thing was ludicrous

PPIs on tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

PPIs on tonight

Ferg has only mentioned it about a hundred times...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

dragonfly! wrote: »

He won’t even be able to talk, till about Wednesday and if he wins one...... I don’t even want to think about that outcome

probably remind him of his Debs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I actually listened to the first half an hour of the early breakfast show for the first time in at least six months. I know there is a new presenter filling in for Paula and on what I heard she kept the links brief enough and didn't sound like a child after drinking a lash of fizzy drinks before going on air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I actually listened to the first half an hour of the early breakfast show for the first time in at least six months. I know there is a new presenter filling in for Paula and on what I heard she kept the links brief enough and didn't sound like a child after drinking a lash of fizzy drinks before going on air.

the bar isn't high to be better than Paula

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Who is or was the greatest presenter that ever broadcast on Today FM over the past 20 years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

gamecube wrote: »
    Who is or was the greatest presenter that ever broadcast on Today FM over the past 20 years?

Donal Dineen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Don't think any one particular has been outstanding, at differnet times different presenters have been good but it usually only lasts a while until they lose their mojo or the team dynamics change. There has and still is a lot of steady presenters there but hard to put a name to the greatest.
    Although if I had to pick one it awould be hard to argue against Tony Fenton, proper Dj, knew his music, a true professional. Same can't be said for some of the newer breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Tony Fenton.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ed Smith imo.

I'd second Ed Smith and Mr Fenton.

Would also add Paul McLoone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What’s the criteria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Probably anyone who isn't one of their female presenters or Fergal D'Arcy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Alison Curtis.

;)

Seriously... for longevity alone and for being the byword for breakfast radio for 2 decades it has to be Dempsey. Tony Fenton also of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Tony Fenton, the man just had the perfect voice for radio.

His mix of music from 2:30pm-4:30pm was just great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Does anyone know if Today FM won anything at the PPI Awards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

johnire wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Today FM won anything at the PPI Awards?

Fergal 2nd in music broadcaster, Mario 1st and D&D 2nd in entertainment inserts, Storm Opheila - the clean up 1st in news programme, Ian 3rd in breakfast programme and Muireann 3rd in general music programme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Apart from Ian none of them deserved any placing at all but overall a pathetic performance from a national radio station with it’s so called content creators!!!!
    EPAndlee wrote: »
    Fergal 2nd in music broadcaster, Mario 1st and D&D 2nd in entertainment inserts, Storm Opheila - the clean up 1st in news programme, Ian 3rd in breakfast programme and Muireann 3rd in general music programme

It got what it deserves so.

The station has gone to the dogs in the last few years, and so its didn't deserve any awards.

johnire wrote: »
    Apart from Ian none of them deserved any placing at all but overall a pathetic performance from a national radio station with it’s so called content creators!!!!
    EPAndlee wrote: »
    I thought Muireann's show was a talk programme.

NIMAN wrote: »
    It got what it deserves so.

The station has gone to the dogs in the last few years, and so its didn't deserve any awards.

Absolutely agree NIMAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Murieann in for D + D this morning....

D&D have more days off than a retired teacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

All week apparently.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why is still on cover duty when she has her own slot now?

• Advertisement

Declan Pierce too busy to cover?

Advertisement