Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Declan Pierce too busy to cover?

He doesn't cover their show, she normally does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How is D'arcy on the radio at all?

Yes, we get it you're from "the wesht" and a culchie. Surely being on the radio requires a basic degree of diction. "It's a great feelin' when somethin' ya create is listened ta by thousands of people"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

He doesn't cover their show, she normally does.

He deserves to. He's great at what he does. Her not so much

Pussyhands wrote: »

Yes, we get it you're from "the wesht" and a culchie. Surely being on the radio requires a basic degree of diction. "It's a great feelin' when somethin' ya create is listened ta by thousands of people"

Absolutely atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

He’s absolutely cringeworthy.
    Pussyhands wrote: »

• Advertisement

What’s with her starting to call everybody “darling “. Her latest and newly irritating habit.
    dragonfly! wrote: »
    Murieann in for D + D this morning....

johnire wrote: »
    What’s with her starting to call everybody “darling “. Her latest and newly irritating habit.

Prediction: she's gone from that slot by the end of the year, with Declan taking over as interim replacement and Louise Duffy permanently replacing when she is back from her maternity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

He deserves to. He's great at what he does. Her not so much

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Prediction: she's gone from that slot by the end of the year, with Declan taking over as interim replacement and Louise Duffy permanently replacing when she is back from her maternity.

Prediction: That prediction will be incorrect

statto25 wrote: »
    Prediction: That prediction will be incorrect

We'll see.

• Advertisement

7:00-10:00 Ian Dempsey
    10:00-13:00 Dermot and Dave
    13:00-16:00 Dave Davin
    16:00-19:00 The Last Word

Schedule fixed.

Seriously, do there HAVE to be five shows in just 12 hours? It's overkill. Dave Davin is a really underrated presenter, he keeps his links short and snappy, doesn't talk about trivial rubbish like many of the others do, and I love his use of An Gaeilge on the Top 40 Oifiguil na hEireann. At the very least, ask him to do pre recorded Irish links on the overnight slot like Traic O'Braonain on Radio Nova, so what if it isn't live he's got a great voice. Seriously underrated. Back on the topic, I think four shows between 7am-7pm is PLENTY. You have two insufferable presenters back to back from 12pm-4:30pm every day and giving a 1pm-4pm show to one presenter would be a good idea.

Darcy waffling on again about growing up and being at home!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

johnire wrote: »
    Darcy waffling on again about growing up and being at home!!!!

:D that poor man is stuck in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

with Declan taking over as interim replacement

Hardly when someone has a full time job outside of radio.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Controversial post coming up. I thought Muireann did fairly well talking about poor Emma Mhic Mhathúna. She would probably do far better toning it down and doing the 9-12 slot, and let D&D go back to 12-2/2.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

7:00-10:00 Ian Dempsey
    10:00-13:00 Dermot and Dave
    13:00-16:00 Dave Davin
    16:00-19:00 The Last Word

Schedule fixed.

Seriously, do there HAVE to be five shows in just 12 hours? It's overkill. Dave Davin is a really underrated presenter, he keeps his links short and snappy, doesn't talk about trivial rubbish like many of the others do, and I love his use of An Gaeilge on the Top 40 Oifiguil na hEireann. At the very least, ask him to do pre recorded Irish links on the overnight slot like Traic O'Braonain on Radio Nova, so what if it isn't live he's got a great voice. Seriously underrated. Back on the topic, I think four shows between 7am-7pm is PLENTY. You have two insufferable presenters back to back from 12pm-4:30pm every day and giving a 1pm-4pm show to one presenter would be a good idea.

Youve banged the Dave Davin drum before. Maybe he doesnt want a full time show? He has his own production company so is probably happy as he is. Plus his links for the top 40 syndicated radio show are "that was, this is" hardly unique and original. He decent but u keep trying to force him into this role based on a pre recorded show with links that have no substance. I dont get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

whiterebel wrote: »
    Controversial post coming up. I thought Muireann did fairly well talking about poor Emma Mhic Mhathúna. She would probably do far better toning it down and doing the 9-12 slot, and let D&D go back to 12-2/2.30.

She did handle it well but then while talking about the date ditchers she became a hyper mess again. This is why I think it's a "persona" so to speak for the show. She was told to be a hyper over excited "content creator" cause the powers that be think thats what the listeners want.
    Dempsey did a spot this morning on Fr Dougals top moment as it's Ardal O'Hanlons birthday. It just stank of the usual Joe.ie top 5 ****e they push out every day.

Maybe put her back on 98FM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Only caught a part of this but yes agree with you

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Youve banged the Dave Davin drum before. Maybe he doesnt want a full time show? He has his own production company so is probably happy as he is. Plus his links for the top 40 syndicated radio show are "that was, this is" hardly unique and original. He decent but u keep trying to force him into this role based on a pre recorded show with links that have no substance. I dont get it
    I'm only making a suggestion but Today FM it seems want more talk and less music.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

I have to say i agree, i think muireann does have a bit about her but for the midday show she is probably told to be hyper, i would defo do a switcheroo with her and D&D and then have phil cawley on at 2pm which would be a nice lead into TLW

I have to say i agree, i think muireann does have a bit about her but for the midday show she is probably told to be hyper, i would defo do a switcheroo with her and D&D and then have phil cawley on at 2pm which would be a nice lead into TLW

What about putting her back on 98FM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What about putting her back on 98FM?

How about no Mikey ? How about bloody no.

Btw on the six o clock show I've seen muireann and Martin king to be fair handle an emotional interview very well when minister Katherine zappone was talking about her wife dying and naturally enough got upset and I taught muireann did very well that night.

That's why I'd agree it's a persona of some type and she has shown that she isn't a hyper child at times. It's the TodayFM and their notion that this type of hyperactive nonsense is what listeners want, when it's probably not going on the posts in this thread where a lot of them start with "I used to always listen to TodayFM..."

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How about no Mikey ? How about bloody no.

Btw on the six o clock show I've seen muireann and Martin king to be fair handle an emotional interview very well when minister Katherine zappone was talking about her wife dying and naturally enough got upset and I taught muireann did very well that night.

That's why I'd agree it's a persona of some type and she has shown that she isn't a hyper child at times. It's the TodayFM and their notion that this type of hyperactive nonsense is what listeners want, when it's probably not going on the posts in this thread where a lot of them start with "I used to always listen to TodayFM..."

Why not? I think she'd be a good presenter for Dublin Talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why not? I think she'd be a good presenter for Dublin Talks.

No, you don't think that mikey because you've said previously you don't like her as a presenter. So either muireann is capable of presenting a radio programme or she isn't ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No, you don't think that mikey because you've said previously you don't like her as a presenter. So either muireann is capable of presenting a radio programme or she isn't ?

An all talk show maybe. A music driven one, I doubt it.

Regardless, I don't think she's good enough for national radio.

I think putting Top 40 Oifiguil na hEireann on in the 4-7pm Sunday slot wouldn't be such a bad idea, repeated on SPIN at the usual time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

We'll see.

Louise Duffy will never be given a main slot 7am to 7pm as her two opportunities tanked ....that’s why they switched her and ferg as she sounded so amateur on the day ahifts and she had that fashion/blogger/influencer area she’s going into with her husband

Louise Duffy will never be given a main slot 7am to 7pm as her two opportunities tanked ....that’s why they switched her and ferg as she sounded so amateur on the day ahifts

She is a lot better than Feargal. Also Love Island was axed in 2006 due to poor ratings but they brought it back and look how well it has done, so who's to say Louise wouldn't have it 3rd time lucky?

• Advertisement

Hardly when someone has a full time job outside of radio.

Are you talking about Declan?

Advertisement