Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Louise Duffy will never be given a main slot 7am to 7pm as her two opportunities tanked ....that’s why they switched her and ferg as she sounded so amateur on the day ahifts

She is a lot better than Feargal. Also Love Island was axed in 2006 due to poor ratings but they brought it back and look how well it has done, so who's to say Louise wouldn't have it 3rd time lucky?

So Love Island is now the benchmark for entertainment..... Give it up Mikey will ya like a good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

An all talk show maybe. A music driven one, I doubt it.

Regardless, I don't think she's good enough for national radio.

And that's your opinion mikey. That doesn't mean you are right btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And that's your opinion mikey. That doesn't mean you are right btw.

I think she is extremely vapid and hardly ever shuts up. She only got the slot because Al Porter resigned. I listen to Barry Dunne on 98FM when she's on and he's miles better. But if Today is becoming more of a talk station, a more light hearted Newstalk, it makes sense to give her a daytime show.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Maybe put her back on 98FM?
    I think she is extremely vapid and hardly ever shuts up. She only got the slot because Al Porter resigned. I listen to Barry Dunne on 98FM when she's on and he's miles better. But if Today is becoming more of a talk station, a more light hearted Newstalk, it makes sense to give her a daytime show.

So she suits the station she's on as she delivers the type of radio the station is going for, but you would like her on 98FM because you listen to 98FM when she's on Today FM to get away from her and you like the presenter you listen to when you're trying to get away from her. And the station she is currently on is more of a light hearted Newstalk so you want Dave Davin to present a weekday show against his will because he has short snappy links which is the complete opposite of what TodayFM are going for? Am I understanding it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Who’s your flavour of the month week day today Mikey? Are you off the Whitmore bandwagon now again? Btw, she was criticised as being pretty vacuous for her appearance on RTÉ last night (at least I think it was last night) in today’s paper of record (that’s not “VIP Magazine” btw).

• Advertisement

Fran1985 wrote: »
    So she suits the station she's on as she delivers the type of radio the station is going for, but you would like her on 98FM because you listen to 98FM when she's on Today FM to get away from her and you like the presenter you listen to when you're trying to get away from her. And the station she is currently on is more of a light hearted Newstalk so you want Dave Davin to present a weekday show against his will because he has short snappy links which is the complete opposite of what TodayFM are going for? Am I understanding it right?
    I don't know what to think. I'd be happy to never hear her again. She's absolutely terrible. If Today FM do decide to play more music then a speed link DJ would be good, but if they go down the "more talk" route then Muireann fits them perfectly.

I don't know what to think. I'd be happy to never hear her again. She's absolutely terrible. If Today FM do decide to play more music then a speed link DJ would be good, but if they go down the "more talk" route then Muireann fits them perfectly.

And mikey there is a very simple way to avoid listening to muireann. It's to not listen to today fm between the hours of 12-2pm Monday to Friday. You live in a country where you have the right to not listen to a station or watch a tv programme that you don't want to. I don't like some radio or tv presenters and I just don't watch or listen to them. This isn't that difficult mikey.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    This isn't that difficult mikey.

I guess you could say it’s so easy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

I don't know what to think.

Well take a minute and have a think about someone who might actually suit the station and not just be throwing out names of presenters that have a 2 hour weekly show in a different language to that of which the station broadcasts. You have a valid point with Declan Pearse but again as some has previously said, he has a day job and probably isn't interested.
    If Today FM do decide to play more music then a speed link DJ would be good, but if they go down the "more talk" route then Muireann fits them perfectly.

TodayFM is clearly the more talk route and has been for a few years (possibly since its inception) with no indication its going to change that.

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Well take a minute and have a think about someone who might actually suit the station and not just be throwing out names of presenters that have a 2 hour weekly show in a different language to that of which the station broadcasts. You have a valid point with Declan Pearse but again as some has previously said, he has a day job and probably isn't interested.

TodayFM is clearly the more talk route and has been for a few years (possibly since its inception) with no indication its going to change that.
    It's the radio equivalent of MTV. Used to play a lot of music but seems to be phasing it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I have not listened to Today FM on weekdays for a few years (I only listen to it on weekends)

But are there people on here that enjoy the full weekday lineup in 2018 even if a lot of us don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

gamecube wrote: »
    I have not listened to Today FM on weekdays for a few years (I only listen to it on weekends)

But are there people on here that enjoy the full weekday lineup in 2018 even if a lot of us don't?

Yes,

It's young people who are out of touch.

The same type of people to see an ad for claiming your tax back and paying someone to do it for you because you didn't realise you can do it yourself in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

whiterebel wrote: »
    Controversial post coming up. I thought Muireann did fairly well talking about poor Emma Mhic Mhathúna. She would probably do far better toning it down and doing the 9-12 slot, and let D&D go back to 12-2/2.30.

Dunno, her bit about how she dances wildly around the studio to the music she plays was cringe.

Dunno, her bit about how she dances wildly around the studio to the music she plays was cringe.

I've heard more music on The Last Word than on her show. She's a talk show host not a DJ.

It really is as if they are slowly phasing out music from the daytime programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I've heard more music on The Last Word than on her show. She's a talk show host not a DJ.

Your beating this ridiculous drum a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

redbuck wrote: »
    the Laura Whitmore or Dara Quilty drum was more irritating

the Laura Whitmore or Dara Quilty drum was more irritating

I don’t know, the Al Porter is innocent drum was banging fairly loudly there for a while too.

I don’t know, the Al Porter is innocent drum was banging fairly loudly there for a while too.

100% the worst actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,956 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dave Grohl wouldn't have as many drums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dave Grohl wouldn't have as many drums.

Brilliant!

• Advertisement

Look, I'm entitled to my opinion OK?

It really is as if they are slowly phasing out music from the daytime programming.
    Jaysus Mikey change the CD please.

Yes of course you are but not every opinion is correct and while you says it's a opinion it straddles the fence between opinion and a personal issue.

No one is saying you’re not entitled to that Mikey. The problem occurs when you have so many of them, and the fact that many of them are inherently contradictory to opinions you expressed earlier. And that’s before we get into the frankly ridiculous-ness of some of them.

And if you express an opinion, don’t expect people not to call you out on it if they disagree with it.

I’ve said this before but I honestly don’t know if you’re trolling or not such are the nature of some of your posts. If you are, I guess you deserve some sort of praise for keeping it going this long.

You are but if the opinion is that you hear more music on the Last Word than Muieann's show that's clearly an insane viewpoint.

I agree with you that Muireann's show is terrible but your statement was ridiculous as many of them are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Mikey clearly loves the attention.

You are but if the opinion is that you hear more music on the Last Word than Muieann's show that's clearly an insane viewpoint.

I agree with you that Muireann's show is terrible but your statement was ridiculous as many of them are.

Her show is almost pure talk.

Her show is almost pure talk.

But why do you listen to it if you don't like her?

I'm not a fan of her show so I just don't listen.

But why do you listen to it if you don't like her?

I'm not a fan of her show so I just don't listen.

Listened once, never again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

It was great Iano had The Hubes on this morning, Heaven knows she needs the exposure to promote her new comedy tonight at 9:35 on RTE 1, just after the weather, its a very tough life for a jobbing actor here in Ireland.... if striking out is anything to go by, we are in for a real treat here.

RTE, supporting the farce

Advertisement