Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Listened once, never again.

How do you know her show is mostly talk if you only listened to it once? It could have drastically changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Imagine going on the internet every day and lying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Oh no....Muireann O’Connell is going on about things that are Irish AGAIN!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

johnire wrote: »
    Oh no....Muireann O’Connell is going on about things that are Irish AGAIN!!!!!

good lord, is this the go to subject for all presenters when they have nothing else to talk about? like this subject is flogged to death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

good lord, is this the go to subject for all presenters when they have nothing else to talk about? like this subject is flogged to death

What was it today ?

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    What was it today ?

very IRISH things to do..... her example was ending a phone call or signing off from the 6 o clock show on virgin media 1 with bye bye bye bye bye bye etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I know-they’re all guilty of it- D and D, Fergal Darcy- it’s downright lazy broadcasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Maybe they should try playing more music and not have to fill airtime with this empty banter. When you've got hours of this every day, it's going to be hard to come up with new subject matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Maybe they should try playing more music and not have to fill airtime with this empty banter. When you've got hours of this every day, it's going to be hard to come up with new subject matter.

That would be ideal if the music wasn't complete and utter sh1te. That english artist (i use that term loosely) Ann-Marie must have shares in the station because she is never off the bloody thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

johnire wrote: »
    I know-they’re all guilty of it- D and D, Fergal Darcy- it’s downright lazy broadcasting.

No they call it content creation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

People pay money to learn how to be just like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Its a vicious circle

the consumer and competition authority should be onto them

Donnacha O' Callaghan needs to get to higher ground

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's the radio equivalent of MTV. Used to play a lot of music but seems to be phasing it out.
    Seems? MTV phased out music a long time ago! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

byte wrote: »
    Seems? MTV phased out music a long time ago! :pac:

Yeah, and Today FM seems to be following suit.

Find myself switching stations nearly every song now. Same terrible songs on repeat all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Alison Curtis filling in for Dermot and Dave today,thats me out,they really are making a mess of their scheduling these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah and it's odd timing too. I'd understand if it was around mid-term or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Is Alison Curtis contractually obligated to have a segment about young kids or babies on every programme she hosts? There have been 2 so far this morning and we're still in hour one.

• Advertisement

Is Alison Curtis contractually obligated to have a segment about young kids or babies on every programme she hosts? There have been 2 so far this morning and we're still in hour one.

It's because that literally have nothing to talk about. They've taken the amazing decision to have their presenters talk more, even though they have no content to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Is anyone counting how many days off Dermot and Dave have had off this year?

Could we adapt the "Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat" for Dermot and Dave I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

It's because that literally have nothing to talk about. They've taken the amazing decision to have their presenters talk more, even though they have no content to talk about.

If only there was some course you could do to learn how to create content!

redbuck wrote: »
    Maybe Dermot will return to RTÉ in the New Year and take over from Nicky Byrne when he goes back on the road with Westcraplife. It would be nice to have him reunited with Bernard and Jen.

Maybe Dermot will return to RTÉ in the New Year and take over from Nicky Byrne when he goes back on the road with Westcraplife. It would be nice to have him reunited with Bernard and Jen.

And maybe he wont....where do you get these notions Mikey? Dermot and Dave have been a duo for over 10 years. Why do you think that would end now? i think it would be nice for Dermot Jen and Bernard to reunite, and then be shot into orbit never to be seen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

statto25 wrote: »
    And maybe he wont....where do you get these notions Mikey? Dermot and Dave have been a duo for over 10 years. Why do you think that would end now? i think it would be nice for Dermot Jen and Bernard to reunite, and then be shot into orbit never to be seen again.

Hang on you! How dare you! As a 24 year old Laura Whitmore and Babestation Fan, Mikey is entitles to his opinion......no matter how bonkers it is.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭lambayire

redbuck wrote: »

Has to be in the 30s by now.

They had 3 weeks off around Easter. Dermot was in Florida. They were already off for the mid-term before that.

Throw in at least 2 weeks of Summer holidays.

A full week off last week too. And we've still got mid-term to come at the end of October.

Apparently Dermot was over in the USA doing yoga last week. Well for some.

Hang on you! How dare you! As a 24 year old Laura Whitmore and Babestation Fan, Mikey is entitles to his opinion......no matter how bonkers it is.

:rolleyes:

You don't have to be a twat to me about it.

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »

Dermot is no stranger to RTE. Maybe he could bring Dave over to 2FM with him.

Advertisement