Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I see ol Paula was down in Castlemartyr last weekend, do you think the stay was comped?
    If it was I'm working in the wrong industry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

razorblunt wrote: »
    I see ol Paula was down in Castlemartyr last weekend, do you think the stay was comped?

I wondered the same when I saw her tweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

razorblunt wrote: »

You bet your ass it was. I know more than one person in RTÉ - they haven’t paid for a ticket to a gig or sporting occasion in forever. With Catlemartyr regularly being a prize vault prize on Today FM there’s a quid pro quo there.....just post how amazeballs it is on your social media pages and an auld on-air mention and away you go.

You don't have to be a twat to me about it.

I actually worry about you Mikey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

lambayire wrote: »
    Has to be in the 30s by now.

They had 3 weeks off around Easter. Dermot was in Florida. They were already off for the mid-term before that.

Throw in at least 2 weeks of Summer holidays.

A full week off last week too. And we've still got mid-term to come at the end of October.

Apparently Dermot was over in the USA doing yoga last week. Well for some.

Dripping with begrudgery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I actually worry about you Mikey.

So do you want me to stop liking her or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭lambayire

threein99 wrote: »
    Dripping with begrudgery

I'm certainly envious of the time off. Not so of the yoga! :)

They annoy me sometime but they are very sound lads.

It's not funny, and you're a twit.

I’m going to end up in counselling after being called a twit by clearly the most stable person on boards.....:rolleyes:

Fair play to you for keeping up this epic level of trolling Mikey.

I’m going to end up in counselling after being called a twit by clearly the most stable on boards.....:rolleyes:

Fair play to you for keeping up this epic level of trolling Mikey.

I really wish you would stop making fun of me. Seriously. I feel hurt. I'm fascinated with a TV presenter, how is THAT trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I really wish you would stop making fun of me. Seriously. I feel hurt. I'm fascinated with a TV presenter, how is THAT trolling?

Come on Mike you're hamming it up a bit too much now.

Bravo on the performance today, the Whitmore thread was quality entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Great show again by Ed Smith last night. I’m genuinely fearful that the songs of praise may end some day soon.

redbuck wrote: »
    Come on Mike you're hamming it up a bit too much now.

Bravo on the performance today, the Whitmore thread was quality entertainment.

I'm never going to talk about her again if you're going to make fun of me for it.

You should be on stage, you're funnier than one of your other heroes....innocent Al Porter.

Great show again by Ed Smith last night. I’m genuinely fearful that the songs of praise may end some day soon.

I'm genuinely fearful Mikey will kidnap him in the hope Whitmore gets the gig as his replacement. It rubs the lotion on its skin.......

I'm genuinely fearful Mikey will kidnap him in the hope Whitmore gets the gig as his replacement. It rubs the lotion on its skin.......

I'M genuinely fearful YOU will kidnap him in the hope Joe Duffy gets the gig as his replacement.

Yeah how does what I just said make you feel?

I'M genuinely fearful YOU will kidnap him in the hope Joe Duffy gets the gig as his replacement.

Yeah how does what I just said make you feel?

It has zero impact on me Mikey. I’ve repeatedly pointed out to you that there is a difference between my mocking of Joe Duffy, and your infatuation with mediocrity, but I can see no matter how many times I do explain it to you it doesn’t sink in. :( I wonder if a babestation babe explained it would you get it?

Goodnight Mikey, sweet dreams of Laura, Al, and Dara Quilty.

It has zero impact on me Mikey. I’ve repeatedly pointed out to you that there is a difference between my mocking of Joe Duffy, and your infatuation with mediocrity, but I can see no matter how many times I do explain it to you it doesn’t sink in. :( I wonder if a babestation babe explained it would you get it?

Goodnight Mikey, sweet dreams of Laura, Al, and Dara Quilty.

I don't like Laura.

Happy now?

Today FM is practically unlistenable now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You bet your ass it was. I know more than one person in RTÉ - they haven’t paid for a ticket to a gig or sporting occasion in forever. With Catlemartyr regularly being a prize vault prize on Today FM there’s a quid pro quo there.....just post how amazeballs it is on your social media pages and an auld on-air mention and away you go.

Comping the suite they gave to Bruce Springsteen to a showbiz correspondent on a breakfast show? I'm definitely in the wrong job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

This thread is unreadable these days

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

So you've said.

I don't like Laura.

Happy now?

Believe it or not I couldn't care either way. It's your over-reactions and apparent trolling (at least I hope that's what you're doing) that are amusing rather than your latest z-list celebrity crush. And I say latest because next week it'll be someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Stop feeding the troll. He's annoying. He obviously gets a kick out of the attention.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Stop feeding the troll. He's annoying. He obviously gets a kick out of the attention.

I'm not a troll. I assure you I am not looking for attention.

Believe it or not I couldn't care either way. It's your over-reactions and apparent trolling (at least I hope that's what you're doing) that are amusing rather than your latest z-list celebrity crush. And I say latest because next week it'll be someone else.

I agree that Laura is a Z-lister. I'll never understand how someone as uncharismatic as her became famous.

Oh that's right, she's Chris De Burghs daughter.

Serious question guys who do you think would be a good choice for the lunchtime show?

I agree that Laura is a Z-lister. I'll never understand how someone as uncharismatic as her became famous.

Oh that's right, she's Chris De Burghs daughter.

Erm, think you've mixed up Laura Whitmore and Rosanna Davison here...

Also 'I don't know how she became famous' is obvious bull****. You really need to stop lying or exaggerating. You know exactly what it is she did to become well known.

Even if you don't, it's a short google away. I'll put it in simple terms that she didn't have a father or whatever to get her foot in the door and she did actually have to work hard to get there.

Faugheen wrote: »

Also 'I don't know how she became famous' is obvious bull****. You really need to stop lying or exaggerating. You know exactly what it is she did to become well known.

Even if you don't, it's a short google away. I'll put it in simple terms that she didn't have a father or whatever to get her foot in the door and she did actually have to work hard to get there.
    Faugheen, I was being mocked on here for liking her, so I feel like I can't like her anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Laura Whitmore will not be on our airwaves any time soon, other than to be an interviewee or guest on some show. That's all! You can wish, hope and argue, but at this stage, it may be a step back!

Bring us back to the older days when 'celebs' weren't even considered for radio stations to appeal to the youth.

Today FM had a winning formula for many years up until recent times. Now, it has lost that, and has become just like any other youth station.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »

Faugheen, I was being mocked on here for liking her, so I feel like I can't like her anymore.

You weren't being mocked for liking her.

You were being mocked because you absolutely do not listen to anything else other than your own opinion. You keep saying that you think certain things will happen when they won't, and you never listen and you just keep beating that exact same drum until someone tells you again. Rinse and repeat.

That's why people say you're trolling. This isn't anything to do with whether you like or dislike someone, it's just bringing up your agenda with every single post and it's irritating and infuriating because you present your posts as a matter of fact then when challenged you hide under the 'it's only my opinion' card or you don't even respond at all.

I remember you saying 'what experience does Muireann have to Dara Quilty' when she got the lunchtime gig. How on Earth are people going to take you seriously when you make a flippant remark like that when a radio anorak such as yourself pretends that Muireann has done **** all relative to DQ? I know you don't like her but Jesus.

Another one was asking 'how has Fergal D'Arcy managed to stay on national radio for 3 years?' When simple research suggests that, regardless of your opinions of him, he has always been popular with listeners regardless of what slot he is doing. Again, you know this, but you'd rather make a flippant remark to get a reaction.

This can also be seen when you were saying Muireann 'almost makes you miss Porter' when you were always an Al Porter fan but you played this charade of not liking him knowing that you've had disagreements with people about liking him. Again, nobody is saying you weren't allowed to like Porter but when you pretend you didn't to have a pop at Muireann, people remembered, pulled you up and, surprise surprise, you got your reaction and went hiding again.

And then there was the remark about more music being played on The Last Word than Muireann's show when you only listened to Muireann's show once. You got absolutely slated for that and rightly so because it was one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on this forum and there's a lot of them.

So no, this isn't anything to do with you liking Laura Whitmore, it's you not accepting that your wild theories just aren't going to happen anytime soon and you go hiding when you make an outrageous statement because you've gotten the reaction you wanted. Believe it or not it pisses people off.

You can stop playing the victim now.

Advertisement