Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Unfortunately it's a small office and I answer the phones, so headphones not really an option. But thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Unfortunately it's a small office and I answer the phones, so headphones not really an option. But thanks!

What, you don't like listening to Jess Glynne, Dua Lipa, Anne-Marie & Picture This on repeat all day?!

In all seriousness, their playlist is shocking. There's about 15 songs and they repeat them every 3 hours or so. I don't like 2FM either (too much dance music) but at least they have a wider list of songs that they go through.

It's probably great playlist if you're a teenage girl, though.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

...except teenaged girls don't listen to radio at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Todays text in topic on the early breakfast, mis heard lyrics, thats a novelty. Can these new generation of dj's not come up with fresh idea's.
    Think its time for me to change station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Did Fergal Darcy just say "Hello to my ten thousand new listeners"??
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

He did indeed! He's just about the only person to have done well out of the JNLRs.

Ian Dempsey is down 5,000 and now has 162, 000 listeners
    Dermot and Dave lost 4,000 and are at 164,000
    Muireann lost 1,000 and has 105,000
    Matt Cooper is down 4,000 at 137,000

Feargal D'Arcy gained 10,000 and now has 112,000 listeners.
    Alison Curtis did well too, gaining 25k new parents dancing around their kitchens on Saturday mornings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He did indeed! He's just about the only person to have done well out of the JNLRs.

Matt Cooper is down 4,000 at 237,000

Alison Curtis did well too, gaining 25k new parents dancing around their kitchens on Saturday mornings

Indo article saying 137,000.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/jnlrs-rte-radio-1s-marian-finucane-and-sean-orourke-see-highest-gains-as-losses-dominate-at-today-fm-and-newstalk-37457694.html

Is this a typo?

It is indeed. Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

WTF. Who listens to that D'arcy?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭nc6000

She did and funnily enough I believe this is actually who her show is aimed at.

"I've worked really hard to build a show that is about and for the listeners to highlight the every day highs and lows of family life and to be company for them each Saturday and Sunday morning," she said.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Pussyhands wrote: »
    WTF. Who listens to that D'arcy?????

112,000 people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Muireann with probably the best slot has barley 100k listeners. Bin her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Matt Cooper is down 4,000 at 137,000

people are tuning out of Matt's show....I wonder why....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

people are tuning out of Matt's show....I wonder why....

People seem to be tuning out of todayfm as a whole going on those numbers bar Fergal Darcy which I don't understand. If only the Today FM management could pinpoint a reason why they are losing listeners I might help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

EdSmith did a facebook post saying he increased....good, him and McLoone are the only two good weekday presenters

EdSmith did a facebook post saying he increased....good, him and McLoone are the only two good weekday presenters

And if the powers that be get their way as they unfortunately may not be long for the TodayFM parish.

Anton Savage got the bullet/fell on his sword when his audience was at 166,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Seriously Alison Fuppin Curtis I despair I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

A pro about her she is sponsoring some charity the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Anton Savage got the bullet/fell on his sword when his audience was at 166,000.

One of the dumbest moves Today FM management made the last couple of years.

• Advertisement

The Last Word is a pretty poor show now also, it's falling listenership figures show people are tuning out more & more

I think it's time for a new presenter & change of format

Well to be fair she is appealing to a audience that isn't a weekday audience and she seems to be doing a bloody good job. It's not targeted at me but fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BoSieve

Ian Dempsey down, Matt Cooper down, Muirean O'Connell down, Dermot and Dave have less listeners now than Anton Savage ever had.

See that Alison Curtis figures are actually combined growth over the two days she's on, some desperate spinning going on there.

Fergal Darcy's show increased but it was recently extended by half an hour.

Smoke and mirrors. Terrible station, worse PR spin. Gone to the dogs.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well to be fair she is appealing to a audience that isn't a weekday audience and she seems to be doing a bloody good job. It's not targeted at me but fair play.

I'd agree with what you said, I don't listen to her but she is appealing to the weekend audience.

That being said her alternative on 2fm at the same time is Dave Fanning & I don't think he appeal's to the Soccer moms in quite the same way!

BoSieve wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey down, Matt Cooper down, Muirean O'Connell down, Dermot and Dave have less listeners now than Anton Savage ever had.

See that Alison Curtis figures are actually combined growth over the two days she's on, some desperate spinning going on there.

Fergal Darcy's show increased but it was recently extended by half an hour.

Smoke and mirrors. Terrible station, worse PR spin. Gone to the dogs.

You have hit the nail on the head! Today FM has had a pretty dreadful JNLR today! It shows that what everybody has being saying about the station getting worse & worse is true.

It is a bad JNLR for them (can't say I'm sorry either) but I don't know how much you can read into these falls. In the other Today FM/2FM JNLR thread, there are a couple of comments about Feargal D'Arcy losing 2,000 listeners. He has more than recovered that loss as we know now.

It is a bad JNLR for them (can't say I'm sorry either) but I don't know how much you can read into these falls. In the other Today FM/2FM JNLR thread, there are a couple of comments about Feargal D'Arcy losing 2,000 listeners. He has more than recovered that loss as we know now.

I wonder what Today FM management are making of these falls?

Will it make them change direction with their output & music playlist or continue with everything as it is now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gamecube wrote: »
    I wonder what Today FM management are making of these falls?

Will it make them change direction with their output & music playlist or continue with everything as it is now?

Well 2fm put up with several bad books in a row while they over hauled the station so you’d imagine that Today Fm will do the same!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well 2fm put up with several bad books in a row while they over hauled the station so you’d imagine that Today Fm will do the same!

Today FM has lost 160,000 listeners in the last 6 years from it's daytime schedule!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gamecube wrote: »
    Today FM has lost 160,000 listeners in the last 6 years from it's daytime schedule!

Yes but how long has the new “format” been in place? 2 books? Like or hate the new format you can’t blame the new PD for the old PD’s books

Advertisement