Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

When you pursue an audience which doesn't really listen to radio, those are the figures you're going to get. Maybe they're happy with their numbers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Now a newsreader who pronounces "T" as "D"...Jesus, is the ability to pronounce english not a requirement these days?
    Niall Colbert.......
    Thirdy,
    Fordy,
    dada,
    dedails
    endertainment
    jusdice

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

When you pursue an audience which doesn't really listen to radio, those are the figures you're going to get. Maybe they're happy with their numbers

This.

It's a mugs game for a radio station to target young people. Young people who notoriously have no attention span, spend their lives tucked into their phones and yep, don't listen to radio.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

BoSieve wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey down, Matt Cooper down, Muirean O'Connell down, Dermot and Dave have less listeners now than Anton Savage ever had.

See that Alison Curtis figures are actually combined growth over the two days she's on, some desperate spinning going on there.

Fergal Darcy's show increased but it was recently extended by half an hour.

Smoke and mirrors. Terrible station, worse PR spin. Gone to the dogs.

Darcy's extended show was brought in a year ago, I think? If that's the case then his numbers are legitimate. Open to correction on that though.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

This.

It's a mugs game for a radio station to target young people. Young people who notoriously have no attention span, spend their lives tucked into their phones and yep, don't listen to radio.

76% of 15-24s listen to radio according to yesterday's book, so to say they don't listen to radio is just nonsense really.

I agree on the whole about TodayFM though. Bar Dempsey none of them really do it for me on the daytime schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I wonder what radio stations do they listen to? Is it that the market is so fragmented now, no station will get high ratings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Faugheen wrote: »
    76% of 15-24s listen to radio according to yesterday's book, so to say they don't listen to radio is just nonsense really.

I agree on the whole about TodayFM though. Bar Dempsey none of them really do it for me on the daytime schedule.

I find that figure hard to believe, I'd like to see the breakdown of how and what they are listening to.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's damn lies and statistics as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone I know in that age bracket listens to music via music apps and never go near the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BoSieve

Fergal Darcy’s show was only extended in February or March this year. That would be in the middle of the Q1 2018 JNLR book and well within the 12 month book to the end of September 2018.

The guy who was handed an extra free 30 minutes of prime time national radio went up when everyone else on the schedule took a dive! Let’s put out a press release! The station is saved!

Fake news.

Even if you take issue with that, it seems everything else on my list was spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Paula Macsweeney had her baby sometime this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hopefully Niall Colbert announces it. We can find out if it was a home bird, or if if was in a madernidy hospidal.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Did she tell it immediately she has a fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Alison Curtis can announce it to all of the mothers and children dancing around the kitchen tables across the country this morning then.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Faugheen wrote: »

That is a very good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

If anybody had said in 2013 that 5 years from now.......2fm will beat Today FM across the board in ratings from 7am-7pm Mon-Fri

It would be pretty f*****g unbelieveable! But it has happened! How the once mighty have fallen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Maybe it's just me, but this week seems to have slightly, just slightly, more variety to the songs than usual. I'm definitely not hearing those same ones quite as often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Maybe it's just me, but this week seems to have slightly, just slightly, more variety to the songs than usual. I'm definitely not hearing those same ones quite as often.

Nope have thought the same myself over the last two weeks

Nope have thought the same myself over the last two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

They got the latest now music cd ... you’ll be getting sick of them in a few weeks once the repitition kicks in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

Anyone on here enter any of the competitions you have to whattsapp into lately? Only asking because I've messaged every morning this week for the comp they are running ( D...is S...) and my whattsapp message shows as delivered but not seen. I'm guessing they select the first few to ring? Or randomly pick people from the many many entries they get? Not that I'm cribbing, more just curious bout how it works. Defo messaging the correct number in case anyone asks!!

• Advertisement

bman1 wrote: »
    Anyone on here enter any of the competitions you have to whattsapp into lately? Only asking because I've messaged every morning this week for the comp they are running ( D...is S...) and my whattsapp message shows as delivered but not seen. I'm guessing they select the first few to ring? Or randomly pick people from the many many entries they get? Not that I'm cribbing, more just curious bout how it works. Defo messaging the correct number in case anyone asks!!

WhatsApp desktop is different to on the mobile but also the phone version isn’t stable.. I’ve had reply’s before that show as not read

MrMac84 wrote: »
    WhatsApp desktop is different to on the mobile but also the phone version isn’t stable.. I’ve had reply’s before that show as not read

None of my messages to them have ever gone blue either, as you say its probably the software they use in studio. I doubt it's a mobile they're using.
    Regarding the replies from non blue ticks, I think if you reply on the home screen of the phone without opening the app, I think it won't come up as read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You can change your user settings in WhatsApp so that senders do not get the blue ticks when you read the message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Synode wrote: »
    You can change your user settings in WhatsApp so that senders do not get the blue ticks when you read the message

Yeah the blue ticks are effectively a read-receipt and you can choose not to send them. Same goes for your online-status. I've a couple of buddies who seem to have that turned off also, so you can't tell when they've last been online!

As mentioned too, I imagine they're using desktop software for this... I can't imagine D&D are using a mobile phone to read whatspp msgs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

As someone who has won a prize on the Last word, with no blue ticks on the whatsapp message that I sent - they are getting them and you don't get the blue ticks.
    Also, they do have the access to text you back, have gotten a few texts back from Ed Smith on the whatsapp number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Time to put you're fingers where you're mouth is guys!

A survey of 30 different songs played on the station. You vote a b or c after each song.

Time to put you're fingers where you're mouth is guys!

A survey of 30 different songs played on the station. You vote a b or c after each song.

Do you have a link to the survey? I remember there was one a few years back, they mustn't have agreed with my music taste back then either :pac:

Edit. Also, whats going on with boards lately and double posts. I've had to delete a good few duplicate posts recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

jvan wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the survey? I remember there was one a few years back, they mustn't have agreed with my music taste back then either :pac:

Edit. Also, whats going on with boards lately and double posts. I've had to delete a good few duplicate posts recently.

Forgot to attach link to previous post.

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1058758452045078530

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

First time listening to Matt Cooper in a while...he's on about Casey's appearance on the Late Late. Guest has to explain to another guest the definition of "racism". Cooper on about "concentration camps for travelers " and about being "rounded up" and being sent to the Phoenix Park. Total OTT and inflammatory language from Cooper.

Edit : Of course he doesn't see it himself when pointed out by a few listeners or can accept criticism when pointed out how one sided the 'debate' was. He's lost all sense of impartiality. Reason why I dont listen any more. Good luck!

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    First time listening to Matt Cooper in a while...he's on about Casey's appearance on the Late Late. Guest has to explain to another guest the definition of "racism". Cooper on about "concentration camps for travelers " and about being "rounded up" and being sent to the Phoenix Park. Total OTT and inflammatory language from Cooper.

Heard a bit of it but fair play to Karl Dieter for calling the female contributor out about it.
    But bar that, it was the usual media apologiest segment on anything that involves the travelling community.

Advertisement