Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Time to put you're fingers where you're mouth is guys!

A survey of 30 different songs played on the station. You vote a b or c after each song.

It's a pity they don't have a vote for A B or C for different daytime presenters!

I was listening to Phil Cawley yesterday & I was thinking he just plays the music and none of the s***e talk!

Yes the music they play has to change cause I think even 2fm has more variation in their playlist but I think people just don't like the presenters they have on the shows, that's why their JNLR figures are nose diving in 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    First time listening to Matt Cooper in a while...he's on about Casey's appearance on the Late Late. Guest has to explain to another guest the definition of "racism". Cooper on about "concentration camps for travelers " and about being "rounded up" and being sent to the Phoenix Park. Total OTT and inflammatory language from Cooper.

Edit : Of course he doesn't see it himself when pointed out by a few listeners or can accept criticism when pointed out how one sided the 'debate' was. He's lost all sense of impartiality. Reason why I dont listen any more. Good luck!

When Casey talked on the Late Late about putting all the Travellers in the Phoenix Park that's exactly what I pictured. So imo it's Casey with the inflammatory nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    First time listening to Matt Cooper in a while...he's on about Casey's appearance on the Late Late. Guest has to explain to another guest the definition of "racism". Cooper on about "concentration camps for travelers " and about being "rounded up" and being sent to the Phoenix Park. Total OTT and inflammatory language from Cooper.

Edit : Of course he doesn't see it himself when pointed out by a few listeners or can accept criticism when pointed out how one sided the 'debate' was. He's lost all sense of impartiality. Reason why I dont listen any more. Good luck!

Was that the debate on political correctness he was having- saw him mention something on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Can anybody get beyond song 15 on that survey, tried it a couple of times at it keeps crashing, no sound.
    Maybe it doesn't like my answers because the sample music is sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

jvan wrote: »
    Can anybody get beyond song 15 on that survey, tried it a couple of times at it keeps crashing, no sound.
    Maybe it doesn't like my answers because the sample music is sh!te.

Worked ok for be. It's essentially the same 30 songs they play on repeat every week, bar Coldplay. For nearly every song I found myself clicking on "don't like" and "turn off". A free that were "like" and "tired of it". They really have an awful play list.

• Advertisement

gamecube wrote: »
    Time to put you're fingers where you're mouth is guys!

A survey of 30 different songs played on the station. You vote a b or c after each song.

It's a pity they don't have a vote for A B or C for different daytime presenters!

I was listening to Phil Cawley yesterday & I was thinking he just plays the music and none of the s***e talk!

Yes the music they play has to change cause I think even 2fm has more variation in their playlist but I think people just don't like the presenters they have on the shows, that's why their JNLR figures are nose diving in 2018.

How do the JLNR figures work? I know it's cumulative over the hours that the show is on. But is there a specified number of minutes someone needs to switch the dial to that show for, in order for that person to be considered to have listened to the show?

How do the JLNR figures work? I know it's cumulative over the hours that the show is on. But is there a specified number of minutes someone needs to switch the dial to that show for, in order for that person to be considered to have listened to the show?

I dont know the answer to this question but a total of about 16,000 people are surveyed throughout the year to make up the JNLR figures for all the radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Synode wrote: »
    When Casey talked on the Late Late about putting all the Travellers in the Phoenix Park that's exactly what I pictured. So imo it's Casey with the inflammatory nonsense

It the semantics of the language used that I've an issue with. Not whether I agree or disagree with Casey's comments. Casey actually said he'd "invite" travelers to the Phoenix park or whoever wanted to come...Cooper said that Casey wanted to "round them up" into "concentration camps". It's totally biased and sensationalist from Cooper. If you're gonna report on the issue at least don't use incitment/inflammatory language.

This is the exact issue he berates trump over, how he misconstrues and twists language to suit his own agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Oh theres Muireann raving about Sigrid again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

jvan wrote: »
    Heard a bit of it but fair play to Karl Dieter for calling the female contributor out about it.
    But bar that, it was the usual media apologiest segment on anything that involves the travelling community.

Thank god for Karl Dieter, a voice of reason on an otherwise echo chamber! Because of his "outspoken" antics though, I doubt we will be hearing from Karl again on TLW. Sometimes I can't believe how far this show, and it's presenter, have fallen. I do wonder what has happened to Matt - is it his production team driving this PC narrative, is it his boss, is he seeking a promotion to RTE, or does he actually believe in the rubbish he spouts these days!

• Advertisement

The last word is unlistenable these days

Well if Ryan Tubridy was sick last Friday night they could have got Matt Cooper to fill in for him

He would have done the same hatchet job on Peter Casey as Tubs did!

I can't get my head around what their target audience is for the direction they've gone in over the past 18 months. It's baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Maybe they're pureposely making TLW ****e so the figures drop and it gives them an excuse to shift it over the Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Or the newsroom is now stuffed with people who are all think exactly the same and where group think is the order of the day. It is a shame because it used to be a decent show. I've largely stopped listening because it just annoys me. Life is too short for that sort of nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭prunudo

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Maybe they're pureposely making TLW ****e so the figures drop and it gives them an excuse to shift it over the Newstalk.

I hope not, the hard shoulder is a far better programme these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

jvan wrote:
    I hope not, the hard shoulder is a far better programme these days.

Mainly due to Ivan being a bit of a contrarian (in a good way) and not coming across as a smug PC prick like Matt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

Synode wrote: »

You pictured a concentration camp for travellers? Good Lord...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Stoolcup wrote: »
    You pictured a concentration camp for travellers? Good Lord...

I pictured them grazing horses and living peaceably with all and sundry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Defiantly a lot more variety on Today Fm in regards to the playlist the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Defiantly a lot more variety on Today Fm in regards to the playlist the last few weeks

Really? I don't think so, well not on their prime time shows, but on Eds Songs of Praise and Paul McLoones show, you never know what they will play next...love it!
    That song "Fascination" is played at least once a week every on Muireanns show ...really don't see the fascination with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

robo wrote: »
    Really? I don't think so, well not on their prime time shows, but on Eds Songs of Praise and Paul McLoones show, you never know what they will play next...love it!
    That song "Fascination" is played at least once a week every on Muireanns show ...really don't see the fascination with it

Ah definitely. Well currently I only listen to D&D and Muireann so can only talk about those shows but the variety is noticeably different imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Heard a rumour that Dermot and Dave are moving to 2FM in the new year.

If it's true it will be nice to have Dermot back in Montrose.
    I'm told they're taking over Nicky Byrne's slot when he goes on the road with Westlife.

robo wrote: »
    She hardly plays any music on her show anyway. It's nearly all talk talk talk. I think Newstalk missed an opportunity with her, giving her the lunchtime show when George Hook left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Heard a rumour that Dermot and Dave are moving to 2FM in the new year.

If it's true it will be nice to have Dermot back in Montrose.
    I'm told they're taking over Nicky Byrne's slot when he goes on the road with Westlife.

Where did ya get that rumour from Mikey? Was it the fantasy radio voices in your head again?

statto25 wrote: »
    Where did ya get that rumour from Mikey? Was it the fantasy radio voices in your head again?

Someone down the pub said it. Also I am surprised Dermot never got a show on 2FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I can't see them moving Jenny (for the few months Nicky is gone) to cater for D&D.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I can't see them moving Jenny (for the few months Nicky is gone) to cater for D&D.

They could put her on drivetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Someone down the pub said it. Also I am surprised Dermot never got a show on 2FM.

Ah the pub, the mecca of radio news and rumours. Give over

Ah the pub, the mecca of radio news and rumours. Give over

There was a rumour on Boards back in late 2013 that Dermot was going to be part of Breakfast Republic, but someone shot it down saying that he wouldn't want to work without Dave. If this does turn out to be true, it will be nice to have Dermot, Bernard and Jen reunited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Someone down the pub said it.

FFS :rolleyes:

In other words - you made it up. Have you ever been in a pub?

Advertisement