Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

JoeA3 wrote: »
    FFS :rolleyes:

In other words - you made it up. Have you ever been in a pub?

I did not make it up (the person who told me possibly did though). And yes I have been in a pub

Anyway I don't think it's true. If it does turn out to be though, it would be nice to have Dermot back at RTE, where he is no stranger to having been on the Panel, Republic of Telly and Hey Go Let's Go amongst others. People thought Ray D'Arcy wouldn't go back to RTÉ - and he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Out of interest, where did your source hear it from? Are they credible?

Synode wrote: »
    Out of interest, where did your source hear it from? Are they credible?

I have NO idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

It's hard to believe that Dan Healy wants 2 guys whose JNLR figures drop every couple of months on 2fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
    statto25 wrote: »
    Where did ya get that rumour from Mikey? Was it the fantasy radio voices in your head again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

D&D going to 2FM.......Dara Quilty has his chance again!!!!!!! OMG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Muireann talking about not wanting to have children AGAIN...
    we get it...:rolleyes:

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Muireann talking about not wanting to have children AGAIN...
    we get it...:rolleyes:

And that's another reason I didn't want her to get the lunchtime show. Why can't she be more like Larry Gogan? He knows when to keep schtum. Shows you how little aptitude she has for music radio and how much of a more light hearted Newstalk that Today is becoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'd like to hear Larry on Today FM out of morbid curiosity. Just to hear him prattling on like all the other presenters are told to do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Someone down the pub said it. Also I am surprised Dermot never got a show on 2FM.

Is that the same lad who told you he saw Ray Foley in RTE buildings 2 years ago and a move was imminent?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Matt has two women on talking about international men's day.

And one of them is Roe Mcdermott!!

Hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

5555555555 wrote: »
    Matt has two women on talking about international men's day.

And one of them is Roe Mcdermott!!

Hilarious

She was brilliant. Completely shown up for the rubbish she pours out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Juniper Petite Sordidness

she's on twitter having a meltdown when a person called her out on her whinging it should only focus males who are lgbt or minorites….and people say were not importing this nonsense from America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,798 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I haven't listened to the last word in about 2 weeks, Matt has wrecked the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭prunudo

NIMAN wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the last word in about 2 weeks, Matt has wrecked the show.

I'm the same, have found myself listening less and less over the last year to six months.
    Enjoying the hard shoulder as an alternative, at least Ivan isn't afraid to call somebody out. Will probably loose patience with him in time too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

jvan wrote: »
    I'm the same, have found myself listening less and less over the last year to six months.
    Enjoying the hard shoulder as an alternative, at least Ivan isn't afraid to call somebody out. Will probably loose patience with him in time too though.

I'm the same as this. I might listen on a Friday between 6 and 7 for the sport but other than that its The Hard Shoulder for me.

My time listening to Today FM has probably reduced by 80% compared to 5 years ago. I doubt I'm the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭statto25

Laura Whitmore on Dermot and Dave...Mikeys dream has finally come true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭prunudo

BPKS wrote: »

My time listening to Today FM has probably reduced by 80% compared to 5 years ago. I doubt I'm the only one.

Yep, likewise, I rarely listen during the daytime anymore. Only really listen in the evening if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

jvan wrote: »
    Yep, likewise, I rarely listen during the daytime anymore. Only really listen in the evening if at all.

+1 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

swtiched Dermot & Dave on today to listen to Sarah Sivlerman and John C Reilly interview but all they've done is teased it since 9....coming up next blah blah blah....this 'Sure look isn't that it is ridicolous' and say 'stuff that suits the music', dear god , comedy my arse!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

PIORUN wrote: »
    swtiched Dermot & Dave on today to listen to Sarah Sivlerman and John C Reilly interview but all they've done is teased it since 9....coming up next blah blah blah...

They spent 2 and a half hours hyping up this interview and they had them on for less than 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

They spent 2 and a half hours hyping up this interview and they had them on for less than 5 minutes. :rolleyes:
    pure ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

And now they are playing clips of the 'interview' as a promo for the show

Lyric FM is more entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

They're now replaying this interview. There must be really stuck for content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

So much for the "content creators" which Today FM like to advertise to us! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

It was the same last year when they interviewed the Daddy’s Home cast. Talk about flogging something to death. Also the interview was abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I think they assume that anyone who listens to the station has a goldfish memory. They won't remember yesterday's interview by now. Or worse still they're too dim to notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Anton Savage got binned from Today FM 2 years ago & he had higher listenership figures than what Dermot & Dave have right now!

They are 2 guys who i dont think are very funny & their downward listenership trend from recent JNLR figures shows that people are tuning out from them big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Thank GOD that wedding has been won so we dont have to hear MOC on about it ALL the time now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

gamecube wrote: »
    Anton Savage got binned from Today FM 2 years ago & he had higher listenership figures than what Dermot & Dave have right now!

They are 2 guys who i dont think are very funny & their downward listenership trend from recent JNLR figures shows that people are tuning out from them big time.

He wasn't binned because of listenership figures though.

Advertisement