Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

She’s painful to listen to.
    dragonfly! wrote: »
    Thank GOD that wedding has been won so we dont have to hear MOC on about it ALL the time now...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tomasflaherty

Thank GOD that wedding has been won so we dont have to hear MOC on about it ALL the time now...

shes obsessed with anything to do with weddings (hens, stags etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

Anyone have any idea what D is S stands for? (On the Dermot and Dave show)
    And can you text in your answer anytime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dermot & Dave are flogging a dead horse at this stage.

Some lads to pick up comp gifts from companies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You think that its over? Its only just beginning.......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

demello wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what D is S stands for? (On the Dermot and Dave show)
    And can you text in your answer anytime?

I don't know what it is but I'm sick to death of them going on about it every 20 minutes and now every other show on TodayFM is mentioning it on their shows as well. They really run things into the ground on this station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭lambayire

I'd expect that D is S will be won in Christmas week.

I'd deeply suspicious of competitions like this with text entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

lambayire wrote: »

There's no way this isn't something they''ll decide to give away when it suits them. The nature of the the competition means they could make literally anything up and run it as long as they want, surely? I mean, there's been a big ad campaign around it and everything. There are even billboards up about it in Cork at least. If it had been randomly won on the first day, would all that money have just been pissed into the wind? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think I'm finished with Dermot and Dave. Just listened back and heard Dave call Victoria Beckham a legend. That fella has issues.
    Add that to Niall the news with Charidy, commiddee, thirdy, fordy Yet he says his "th" perfectly? I did try a few other stations in the middle of the day a couple of days ago, and they were equally annoying. Maybe I'm just getting old.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

lambayire wrote: »

Yeah I find it hard to believe that no one has got it correct yet. They have a hint up today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

whiterebel wrote: »
    I think I'm finished with Dermot and Dave. Just listened back and heard Dave call Victoria Beckham a legend. That fella has issues.
    Add that to Niall the news with Charidy, commiddee, thirdy, fordy Yet he says his "th" perfectly? I did try a few other stations in the middle of the day a couple of days ago, and they were equally annoying. Maybe I'm just getting old.....

He was foaming at the mouth over Take That and the Backstreet Boys too recently...

I actually went to see D&D live in Galway a few weeks ago and I found the live show ridiculously boring for the most part. Maybe it was just me though because quite a lot of the crowd were shrieking in laughter! All I saw were 2 middle aged men seemingly winging it on stage with lame jokes and silly routines. It put me right off them and their radio show tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree. This whole “lads” persona they take on is so worn out that it’s embarrassing. They’re two men in their 40’s not young lads in their 20’s or even 30’s.
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    He was foaming at the mouth over Take That and the Backstreet Boys too recently...

I actually went to see D&D live in Galway a few weeks ago and I found the live show ridiculously boring for the most part. Maybe it was just me though because quite a lot of the crowd were shrieking in laughter! All I saw were 2 middle aged men seemingly winging it on stage with lame jokes and silly routines. It put me right off them and their radio show tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

whiterebel wrote: »
    You think that its over? Its only just beginning.......:eek:

The rain has been so heavy the last two days it's drowned out the radio. Praise be!

threein99 wrote: »
    Yeah I find it hard to believe that no one has got it correct yet. They have a hint up today

Convinced it's something to do with Fergal and his sound remarks 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

The clue given yesterday was: YOU'VE GOT TO BE SOUND.

Any thoughts?

Darcy is Sound...:D

demello wrote: »
    The clue given yesterday was: YOU'VE GOT TO BE SOUND.

Any thoughts?

None of your business :D

Its wrecking my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,444 ✭✭✭JoeA3

None of your business :D

Its wrecking my head!

That's exactly what they want. Music to the ears of the Today FM marketing team.

I'm convinced that they make it up on the day they decide to give it away.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    That's exactly what they want. Music to the ears of the Today FM marketing team.

I'm convinced that they make it up on the day they decide to give it away.

Have any of the correct words being guessed yet?
    I seem to remember about a week ago they were saying that any of the guesses for D or S so far were wrong

Have any of the correct words being guessed yet?
    I seem to remember about a week ago they were saying that any of the guesses for D or S so far were wrong

I think was about two weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭darklighter

robo wrote: »
    Really? I don't think so, well not on their prime time shows, but on Eds Songs of Praise and Paul McLoones show, you never know what they will play next...love it!
    That song "Fascination" is played at least once a week every on Muireanns show ...really don't see the fascination with it

Heard this on this afternoon but think it was on Ferg's show.....have to see if I hear it now in the next week :pac:
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Defiantly a lot more variety on Today Fm in regards to the playlist the last few weeks

I actually was thinking this as well.....while Shotgun seems to be played hourly it seems, I've definitely noticed a more varied setlist over the last 6 to 8 weeks!

Also LOVING Block Rocking Beats on a Saturday evening the last few weekends, seriously good choons being played!

They are giving another clue tomorrow for Ah Sure Look It

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

They are giving another clue tomorrow for Ah Sure Look It

Are they giving clue before txin I’m tomorrow ?

Are they giving clue before txin I’m tomorrow ?

They didnt say so but I presume it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Heard this on this afternoon but think it was on Ferg's show.....have to see if I hear it now in the next week :pac:

I actually was thinking this as well.....while Shotgun seems to be played hourly it seems, I've definitely noticed a more varied setlist over the last 6 to 8 weeks!

Also LOVING Block Rocking Beats on a Saturday evening the last few weekends, seriously good choons being played!

Don't call him Ferg, it will only encourage him

Don't call him Ferg, it will only encourage him

The ad they are playing for his show at the minuite where he starts shouting garlic GARLIC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

The ad they are playing for his show at the minuite where he starts shouting garlic GARLIC :rolleyes:

Thought the same, if that's all they have to showcase the show with, it's a sorry state of affairs

I think was about two weeks ago

Ah sure look - time flies:D

It was noisy in the office this morning but i gather the clue today was that the words were going to be said at some stage over the 3 hours today but not together?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They didnt say so but I presume it would be

They gave the clue at the end of the show,and the clue was that they said the 2 words in the show sometime between 9-12,so for anyone all you have to do is listen to the podcast and write down every word they said that begins with a D and S then try put the two together,simples :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They gave the clue at the end of the show,and the clue was that they said the 2 words in the show sometime between 9-12,so for anyone all you have to do is listen to the podcast and write down every word they said that begins with a D and S then try put the two together,simples :D

What day was that?

Advertisement